Question about NYIT-COM Housing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just got into NYITCOM off of the WL. When first thinking about housing in med school, I thought I may live in a studio apartment alone for the first year, before getting to know some roommates enough to live in an apartment/small student house.

Is that at all possible near NYITCOM OW? Or is a student house the only way? If it were between living in an apartment in the middle of nowhere, completely away from all other NYITCOM students, I'd rather live in a small house with other roommates and risk not getting along with them. ( I always feel like bad roommates+ being new to med school is an especially bad combination).

I know there is a thread for NYITCOM, but I don't want to spam it with housing info because it should be for admissions related things.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone is different. I live by myself so I can focus on study and don't have to worry about other people. If you have a lease and room mates you will be stuck with them for a year but it wil be cheaper at the same time. What is important for you, the cost or peace of mind? Every individuals are different. I live alone and I don't regret it.

Everyone is different. I live by myself so I can focus on study and don't have to worry about other people. If you have a lease and room mates you will be stuck with them for a year but it wil be cheaper at the same time. What is important for you, the cost or peace of mind? Every individuals are different. I live alone and I don't regret it.
Where you at NYIT? I can't find any student friendly apartments in the area....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I just got into NYITCOM off of the WL. When first thinking about housing in med school, I thought I may live in a studio apartment alone for the first year, before getting to know some roommates enough to live in an apartment/small student house.

Is that at all possible near NYITCOM OW? Or is a student house the only way? If it were between living in an apartment in the middle of nowhere, completely away from all other NYITCOM students, I'd rather live in a small house with other roommates and risk not getting along with them. ( I always feel like bad roommates+ being new to med school is an especially bad combination).

I know there is a thread for NYITCOM, but I don't want to spam it with housing info because it should be for admissions related things.

Was accepted recently, in terms of classmates, it might be beneficial to live close to students.

Reactions: 1 user
Alum here: NYIT is in a very suburban area, It would probably be easier to find a house with student housemates...

join the fb page for your year. people tend to post in there