purdue college of pharmacy c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, what a day! I got email from Ms. Stevens today says that my acceptance letter is on its way. :love:
However, it has been such a long day today and nothing goes right with both my lab and my home.:( I am way too tired to be excited, but I finally got my acceptance. Yeah, I'm so happy!!! It turned everything around for me.:cool:
See you guys in fall 2011. Go broiler makers!

Congrats! I sent in my declining letter March 28..but apparently it hadn't got there yet because they emailed me this morning asking what my decision was..so since you were like number 2 on the list..you probably could have gotten word a little quicker if my mail didn't get lost..

..well at least I think I put it in the outgoing mailbox..??

Good luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

well im a receptionist for one of my jobs and my boss lets me on other websites while at work hence a lot of PharmD1988 posts. just trying to keep updated since im eager to attend here. btw you check my posts on the out of state rotations - no CA rotations:mad:.

Sorry, PharmD1988 no offense. As you can see I check it way more than once a day, too. hehe:) I am just surprised to get a reply right after I posted mine. I was in class, and I didn't listen to lecture at all after I got my email. Can't concentrate :p (Don't worry, I recorded the lecture instead.)
As for the rotations, I knew most likely there is no CA rotations. oh, well...
It sucks, but It's ok with me. by the way, will this affect you decision on going to purdue, though?

Also you can ask if "Liberty2010" got his/her acceptance. He/she is on #7, then you will get even better idea. If you decide to attend purdue, I guess I can see you there.

Good luck:luck:

Sorry, PharmD1988 no offense. As you can see I check it way more than once a day, too. hehe:) I am just surprised to get a reply right after I posted mine. I was in class, and I didn't listen to lecture at all after I got my email. Can't concentrate :p (Don't worry, I recorded the lecture instead.)
As for the rotations, I knew most likely there is no CA rotations. oh, well...
It sucks, but It's ok with me. by the way, will this affect you decision on going to purdue, though?

Also you can ask if "Liberty2010" got his/her acceptance. He/she is on #7, then you will get even better idea. If you decide to attend purdue, I guess I can see you there.

Good luck:luck:

haha no worries. i would still attend purdue university regardless of the rotations, ive got a couple of ppl telling me to go there since you'll never regret it in the future. besides if they have a waiting list for students with the exact rank (something ive never seen at other schools) shows that they at least put an effort to care about their students. my other top school i would have liked to attend required that i do all my rotations in Texas so either way i was going to be out of CA regardless.

btw you should check the employment survey for purdue graduates - it looks awesome:
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/advancement/publications/annual_reports/2009/employment.php

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from Brenda today! West Lafayette here I come! :thumbup:

Not to pick on you daina12, but Purdue's nickname is the boilermakers not broiler makers.;) Just wanted to save you from saying that down the road. You get one mulligan. Seriously though, congratulations to you and all recent wait list admittances. I look forward to meeting you.

If interested, here's the fight song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUnciDQSDYI&NR=1

Not to pick on you daina12, but Purdue's nickname is the boilermakers not broiler makers.;) Just wanted to save you from saying that down the road. You get one mulligan. Seriously though, congratulations to you and all recent wait list admittances. I look forward to meeting you.

If interested, here's the fight song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUnciDQSDYI&NR=1

Thanks for the heads up. :p

hi, just wondering if anybody is looking for roomate for next year. email me [email protected]

Wow, I can't believe a lot of places for rent for Aug are all gone by April already. :eek:

hi, just wondering if anybody is looking for roomate for next year. email me [email protected]

Wow, I can't believe a lot of places for rent for Aug are all gone by April already. :eek:

still on the waitlist but daina12's question also concerns me

if I am admitted say mid june what are my chances for getting an apt. between $600-$700 which is no more than 10 min walking distance from the Purdue University. any advice would be appreciated.

Most decent places nearby or on campus are signed by the end of fall semester. April is pretty late to find housing close to campus.

still on the waitlist but daina12's question also concerns me

if I am admitted say mid june what are my chances for getting an apt. between $600-$700 which is no more than 10 min walking distance from the Purdue University. any advice would be appreciated.

Assuming you are talking about a studio/1bedroom... not good at all. The vast majority of housing within walking distance are 2 bedroom+. You could most likely find a place, but it will be with roommates and might not be ideal. There are some studio/1 bedrooms very close to campus near/on top of the Village (shops/restaurants) but those go for ~$1000 and as far as I know are taken pretty fast. If that's your budget and you want to live by yourself you'll most likely have to live off campus and drive (~10 minutes) or take the bus.

Most decent places nearby or on campus are signed by the end of fall semester. April is pretty late to find housing close to campus.

Assuming you are talking about a studio/1bedroom... not good at all. The vast majority of housing within walking distance are 2 bedroom+. You could most likely find a place, but it will be with roommates and might not be ideal. There are some studio/1 bedrooms very close to campus near/on top of the Village (shops/restaurants) but those go for ~$1000 and as far as I know are taken pretty fast. If that's your budget and you want to live by yourself you'll most likely have to live off campus and drive (~10 minutes) or take the bus.

thanks for the reply. actually i want roommates so I would not mind sharing a room at all as long as its between $500-700 and within walking distance.

so do I have a good chance of finding a room as long as I am willing to make some certain sacrifices?

thanks for the reply. actually i want roommates so I would not mind sharing a room at all as long as its between $500-700 and within walking distance.

so do I have a good chance of finding a room as long as I am willing to make some certain sacrifices?

Here's a couple of resources I've been using to check out apartments. Seems like there are still alot of good options available.

http://www.boilerapartments.com/
http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/apa/

I'm okay with driving a bit of a distance (i'd actually like to be a bit further away from the college atmosphere), and I've found alot of good options for 1br/studio in lafayette. I've been looking hard at the bluffs, http://www.thebluffsapartmenthomes.com/1/Lafayette-Indiana-Apartments/,
still need to see it in person but it seems nice and for a good price

I wouldn't be too concerned about places to move just yet. For some reason I have a feeling there will be an influx of places to rent when May rolls around (maybe even all the way up until August).

Although it doesn't hurt to get a feel for places and prices ;)

Here's a couple of resources I've been using to check out apartments. Seems like there are still alot of good options available.

I'm okay with driving a bit of a distance (i'd actually like to be a bit further away from the college atmosphere), and I've found alot of good options for 1br/studio in lafayette. I've been looking hard at the bluffs, http://www.thebluffsapartmenthomes.com/1/Lafayette-Indiana-Apartments/,

Good for you. After a 30min drive turned into 2 hours in the morning icy road and it even started to slide a little with economy rental car, I'm done with driving in snow. :laugh::p

I'm looking at here
http://www.primecampushousing.com/428chauncey.html

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes. I didn't mean to make it sound like it you won't be able to find a place. I'm pretty sure with your budget and willingness to room with others you'll be fine.

If you're ok with driving a bit, then there are nicer options in West Lafayette. Lafayette is cheaper but the area is much worse. If you haven't been around, West Lafayette and Lafayette are quite different. One practical thing is that Lafayette is worse at clearing roads during snow.

Good for you. After a 30min drive turned into 2 hours in the morning icy road and it even started to slide a little with economy rental car, I'm done with driving in snow. :laugh::p

I'm looking at here

I can't think of that place off the top of my head, but looking at the location I wanted to mention it's most likely not the 'quiet park like setting' they advertise. There aren't many 'nice' areas where campus housing is, and they are usually pretty loud (parties, people over, etc.).

I'm looking at here

The Bluffs is definitely away from campus. It is in a good area with lots of stores and restaurants around. It is also on the bus line to campus. Target, Sams, new strip mall, grocery stores, shopping and food. If the weather gets bad in winter and you don't want to drive, best to take the bus, free for students.

I pretty much plan on taking the bus almost every day. Can't beat getting to go some place for free with gas costing 3.75 a gallon.

Hey,

I got accepted into Purdue as well!! I'm so excited. I'm trying to find and apartment mate, I was looking for a couple people to share an apartment together, each getting their own room, somewhat near campus. If anyone's interested, please email me at [email protected].

Hey,

I got accepted into Purdue as well!! I'm so excited. I'm trying to find and apartment mate, I was looking for a couple people to share an apartment together, each getting their own room, somewhat near campus. If anyone's interested, please email me at [email protected]. Also, does anyone have good recommendations on places to live? As in good areas vs. bad areas? I'm from California so I don't know the surroundings. I'm currently looking at properties on north/south state streets. Are those good areas?

Hey,

I got accepted into Purdue as well!! I'm so excited. I'm trying to find and apartment mate, I was looking for a couple people to share an apartment together, each getting their own room, somewhat near campus. If anyone's interested, please email me at [email protected]. Also, does anyone have good recommendations on places to live? As in good areas vs. bad areas? I'm from California so I don't know the surroundings. I'm currently looking at properties on north/south state streets. Are those good areas?

Do you mean safety? As long as you stay in West Lafayette or right across the bridge (river splits Lafayette/West Lafayette) in Lafayette you should be fine.

If you have specific names of properties I can tell you more but I'm not sure where you mean.

Hey,

Congrats from TLC! :)

Congrats everyone for making it in! Can't wait to meet everyone. I know a lot of people are still looking for housing. So I found this three bedroom apartment that's only $300/month, walking distance that's right on chauncey (which is right on campus for those aren't familiar with purdue's campus). That's pretty cheap compared to the places I lived in for undergrad, especially for the location! It's also walking distance to many food places, coffeeshops, campus bars, etc. It's like a two min walk to campus but to the pharmacy buildings around ten minutes, but there are campus buses that you can hop as well that stop right in front of the buildings. Let me know if anyone is interested or message me if you'd like more information!! Thanks :)

I'm considering on campus and off campus as well.

For on campus, what do you think of Hawkins hall vs. Purdue Graduate Village? The Village looks like I get my own apartment, but the outside doesn't look as fancy as Hawkins hall. I'm looking for a place close to my pharmacy building, convenient around campus, and a good social life - since I won't know anyone when I get there.

I'm also considering off campus, to get a single apartment for myself. There are so many. Are there any that you recommend in particular that's safe and convenient and close to school?

I'm considering on campus and off campus as well.

For on campus, what do you think of Hawkins hall vs. Purdue Graduate Village? The Village looks like I get my own apartment, but the outside doesn't look as fancy as Hawkins hall. I'm looking for a place close to my pharmacy building, convenient around campus, and a good social life - since I won't know anyone when I get there.

I'm also considering off campus, to get a single apartment for myself. There are so many. Are there any that you recommend in particular that's safe and convenient and close to school?

Neither Hawkins nor Purdue Village are near the pharmacy building. If I had to guess I'd say it takes 10 minutes from Hawkins and 15-20 from Purdue Village. Purdue Village is pretty old and has tile floors. Hawkins is of course a dorm so you'll have to share bathrooms. Hawkins also does not have a dining court and is far from the other dorms if you were thinking about a meal plan. It is close to the libraries and the bars/restaurants though.

It's hard to recommend a place in particular. Most on campus housing (apartments) are opposite to the pharmacy building. They're by Hawkins. There are houses that are rented out by the pharmacy building though so it varies on how nice and how good the landlord is. The apartments that are close by I have no clue about, as I've never lived there nor had friends who lived there. West Lafayette is very safe in general, just stay away from deep into Lafayette.

hi, I was just wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate. I was recently accepted and it seems that most 1 bedroom places are taken. If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]

anybody still looking for roommates. I havent had any luck recently but if you could guys could help or mention anyone looking for a male roommate that would be appreciated.

Does Purdue accept AP Credit? Specifically Calculus... for the pharmD program? PM me please!