purdue college of pharmacy c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, congrats to those get accepted.

Jut wondering for those who already received their letter, are you guys all living in or near indiana? how long does it take for mail to get to california?

I'm still waiting for my snail mail:(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congrats to those get accepted.

Jut wondering for those who already received their letter, are you guys all living in or near indiana? how long does it take for mail to get to california?

I'm still waiting for my snail mail:(
Thank you. I live in Indianapolis. What part of California or you from? I have a brother who lives in Los Angeles and it can take a while for mail to be sent sometimes. However, it was sent first class. If you don't receive anything by Thursday, I would call on Friday.

Thanx. I live in San Diego. Really anxious for the mail. I wondering after the interview is it still out-staters compete with out-stater, or everybody who got an interview are competing with each other. Do they got a quota of how many out state residents max? I know that they do favor people within the state. However, I would move to there in a heart beat if I can get accepted. After a year, I can establish my residency.

And... Wow, I didn't notice that purdue will actually tell you exactly where you are on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanx. I live in San Diego. Really anxious for the mail. I wondering after the interview is it still out-staters compete with out-stater, or everybody who got an interview are competing with each other. Do they got a quota of how many out state residents max? I know that they do favor people within the state. However, I would move to there in a heart beat if I can get accepted. After a year, I can establish my residency.

And... Wow, I didn't notice that purdue will actually tell you exactly where you are on the waitlist.

You might want to talk to the registrars office. Purdue does not usually change your residency status after you start school. I am a Purdue alum and have lived in Indiana most of my life, but moved to Wisconsin less than four years ago for a job. I would like to move back to Indiana so we will be closer to my daughter's father, but I was told I would have to live in Indiana for a year before I start school to get in-state residency. Because of this, I will probably be going to UW Madison even if I am accepted at Purdue.

You might want to talk to the registrars office. Purdue does not usually change your residency status after you start school. I am a Purdue alum and have lived in Indiana most of my life, but moved to Wisconsin less than four years ago for a job. I would like to move back to Indiana so we will be closer to my daughter's father, but I was told I would have to live in Indiana for a year before I start school to get in-state residency. Because of this, I will probably be going to UW Madison even if I am accepted at Purdue.

this is true. I talked to residency office and they said you have to be in indiana for a full a year with NO SCHOOL which in this case is impossible since you cannot defer a year with purdue pharmacy. at the interview they say they give a lot of students 2k-5k scholarships per year so that makes the total OOS tuition around 33-34k (correct me if im wrong on this). you should talk to the residency office about your entire situation since we may not know something that might help in gaining residency.

Waitlisted.... somewhat suprised since I thought I nailed the interview and have solid stats. I'm #7 though, so that leaves me with some pretty good chances. I don't want to get myself too excited before it is for sure, but I'm really looking foward to spending 4 years at Purude. Speaking of which, does anyone have an insider info on good studio or 1 BR apartments close by? From what I can find online, seems like anything with rent under $700/month has crappy reviews and is likened to living in a ghetto (i sure hope that isn't really the case).

Waitlisted.... somewhat suprised since I thought I nailed the interview and have solid stats. I'm #7 though, so that leaves me with some pretty good chances. I don't want to get myself too excited before it is for sure, but I'm really looking foward to spending 4 years at Purude. Speaking of which, does anyone have an insider info on good studio or 1 BR apartments close by? From what I can find online, seems like anything with rent under $700/month has crappy reviews and is likened to living in a ghetto (i sure hope that isn't really the case).[/QUOTE

When I got my undergrad there (in the 90's), most of the nearby apartment buildings had 3-4 bedrooms, but I knew lots of people who had 1 BR places in split up houses. We used to sign our leases in Feb/Mar for the following year and by summer, there's not much left close to campus.
Definitely look at a place before you sign a lease; there were several slum-lord type owners.
You have to live a ways from campus (at least a mile, I think) to get a parking pass, so you'll probably want to look for places on the northeast side of campus (i.e. near Knoy, engineering, union) or you could have a 15 min walk across campus to the Pharm bldg. Also, the university owns most of the houses in the three by ~10 block area between campus and the res halls. You might be able to find out about these from the school.

When I got my undergrad there (in the 90's), most of the nearby apartment buildings had 3-4 bedrooms, but I knew lots of people who had 1 BR places in split up houses. We used to sign our leases in Feb/Mar for the following year and by summer, there's not much left close to campus.
Definitely look at a place before you sign a lease; there were several slum-lord type owners.
You have to live a ways from campus (at least a mile, I think) to get a parking pass, so you'll probably want to look for places on the northeast side of campus (i.e. near Knoy, engineering, union) or you could have a 15 min walk across campus to the Pharm bldg. Also, the university owns most of the houses in the three by ~10 block area between campus and the res halls. You might be able to find out about these from the school.

Cool, thanks for the info :)

Best of luck to everyone. I got my letter today in the mail from Purdue . . . wait list. I have not lost hope but I am preparing to move to California. As I have been accepted to the accelerated 3 year PharmD program at UOP. Again, best of luck.

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I got my acceptance packet in the mail today. Kind of surprised since I'm not from Indiana! But I'm not going so there's a spot for someone on the wait list!

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I got my acceptance packet in the mail today. Kind of surprised since I'm not from Indiana! But I'm not going so there's a spot for someone on the wait list!

congrats on your admission and wish the best of luck in your pharmacy future. where are you from btw?

for any west coast ppl out there any news? normally it takes 3 days from a monday to get to the west coast, so im guessing tomorrow is the day

does anybody know if the rejection letters come after the admission letters?

I am from Missouri! I'm going to Colorado next year instead..it just feels like the right place for me to be! Hope you get the news you are looking for!!

I am from Missouri! I'm going to Colorado next year instead..it just feels like the right place for me to be! Hope you get the news you are looking for!!

denver is awesome. went there on st. pattys day for my regis university interview - place is a like a partyhouse. at least you are not that far from home either

Members don't see this ad :)
ya..its a short 1 hour 15 minute flight! Did you hear back from Regis? I know some people that interviewed there..it's a pretty new school right?

ya..its a short 1 hour 15 minute flight! Did you hear back from Regis? I know some people that interviewed there..it's a pretty new school right?

yeah regis has only P1s and P2s at the moment. i sort of regret of not applying to UCD (scared of my PCAT score) but i still might have a chance to live in denver. i havent heard back from any of the schools interviewed at, thats why im hoping for purdue to give the letter of joy (its tied with univ. of texas as my top choice).

dont worry about me taking a job in denver with this new pharmacy school im trying to work back in california - an even more saturated market haha. but im pretty sure UCD alums will hook you up with some stuff after graduation

saw a small purdue letter and said damn

till i found out i was on the waitlist - #30 out of 64

hoping for the best. has there been cases where they have been less than 40 people admitted off the waitlist?

here are my stats if anybody is curious

PharmCAS GPA: 3.62
Purdue pre-req GPA: 3.59
Out of State resident
classes left to be completed: Organic Chemistry II, Calculus II, economics
B.S. from the University of Southern California
3.5 years of pharmacy tech experience
1800 hours of volunteer experience
1 year working as a barista
1 year working as an assistant manager
1 LOR from Pharmacist i worked with, 2 LOR from non-science professors

Hi, guys. I finally got my letter today - waitlisted #2 out of 64
From reading the threads, it seems there are at least two people are dropping out, right? hehe:D If people drop out fast enough, maybe I can get my acceptance soon.:xf:
By the way, just a question about working while you are in school. Is it hard to find an intern pharmacist job over there. I heard the first semester is pretty busy, but after that is it possible to work while you are in school? I mean, the work load wise. Thanx:)

Hi, guys. I finally got my letter today - waitlisted #2 out of 64
From reading the threads, it seems there are at least two people are dropping out, right? hehe:D If people drop out fast enough, maybe I can get my acceptance soon.:xf:
By the way, just a question about working while you are in school. Is it hard to find an intern pharmacist job over there. I heard the first semester is pretty busy, but after that is it possible to work while you are in school? I mean, the work load wise. Thanx:)

first thing, congrats on your near-admission to purdue! (knock on wood)

at the interview they saw that I had a lot of work experience and asked a question "how many hours should a purdue university pharmacy student work in a week while enrolled" and they said no more than 15 hours. that is from mr joseph dubes III if you want to ask him for more advice

i noticed you are from san diego, im from los angeles, what go you interested to purdue?

Yeah, that would be great, actually I only plan on working one or one and half day per week. I just want to make sure, it is a healthy environment and if I have time at least working for a little bit. Some school is so busy and most people don't have any free time at all. Almost like study everyday till really late and you have to work really hard just so you can barely have one friday night off :eek:. In a situation like that I don't think it's very healthy. All most no body from their school can get work at all. (don't want to point fingers, but...) Don't get me wrong though, I would work really hard.

As for why I want to go to purdue, while where do I start...
I mean the alumi, the history, and their quality/standards. Most importantly is the opportunities they offer while I am in school, I particularly love their summer programs, research opportunities, etc. Well, can't wait. :)

Yeah, that would be great, actually I only plan on working one or one and half day per week. I just want to make sure, it is a healthy environment and if I have time at least working for a little bit. Some school is so busy and most people don't have any free time at all. Almost like study everyday till really late and you have to work really hard just so you can barely have one friday night off :eek:. In a situation like that I don't think it's very healthy. All most no body from their school can get work at all. (don't want to point fingers, but...) Don't get me wrong though, I would work really hard.

As for why I want to go to purdue, while where do I start...
I mean the alumi, the history, and their quality/standards. Most importantly is the opportunities they offer while I am in school, I particularly love their summer programs, research opportunities, etc. Well, can't wait. :)

yeah I completely understand. if you had brett read as one of your student advisors he said half the class has like a 3.7-4.0 their first year which is pretty damn good (some schools all years are tough, some have their first as the worst). even though the second and third year get tougher you would have adjusted to your study tactics by then. you plan to work back in southern california. i hope there are a lot of boiler alumni around there to help out.

Got my package today!! totally unexpected to hear so back so early (havn't read this forum for a few days).

yeah I completely understand. if you had brett read as one of your student advisors he said half the class has like a 3.7-4.0 their first year which is pretty damn good (some schools all years are tough, some have their first as the worst). even though the second and third year get tougher you would have adjusted to your study tactics by then. you plan to work back in southern california. i hope there are a lot of boiler alumni around there to help out.

I think I may move back to northern california afterwards instead. I used to live in bay area. Well, I am still deciding. How about you, what brings you to purdue or is it your first choice?

I do doubt a little about how many purdue alumni over at california in general though(looking at 2010 stats: only 10 people from purdue took CPJE and 9 passed). However, I think with purdue's strong backgroud, the employer should have no problem. On the other hand, I have my eyes on residency though.:)

I think I may move back to northern california afterwards instead. I used to live in bay area. Well, I am still deciding. How about you, what brings you to purdue or is it your first choice?

I do doubt a little about how many purdue alumni over at california in general though(looking at 2010 stats: only 10 people from purdue took CPJE and 9 passed). However, I think with purdue's strong backgroud, the employer should have no problem. On the other hand, I have my eyes on residency though.:)

yeah same here i was raised in san jose and went to school in los angeles and still living there (crazy storms right now btw).

Well purdue is tied with university of texas for first choice because both have of excellent alumni, pharmacy conferences, the quality of the faculty and the study abroad in europe (i really want to learn more about community pharmacy in europe). if admitted to texas i might go there since i have a family friend to live with and plus the easier in-state residency makes it much cheaper.

but either way im headed for a quality education from either of these institution. its like deciding between yale or upenn for ugrad - they're both good.

Go kirbynw and spdkoo, I'm waiting on you guys' spots. hehe :smuggrin:

Just kidding... Make your decision accordingly.
Oh, can't wait ...:p

Congratulations to all those accepted and best of luck to all those waiting! :D

I just withdrew from Tennessee, so I guess that means I'm joining the boilermaker crew once again. I have a feeling I won't regret it. Although, it is tough to let go because I could have been living next to the great smoky mountains. Oh well, they'll still be there when I visit and who knows, maybe someday my career will take me there or somewhere similar.

I think we're going to have a great class coming in this year and I look forward to meeting everybody in August. :thumbup:

Now I have to figure out where to live. (The decisions never end)

Congratulations to all those accepted and best of luck to all those waiting! :D

I just withdrew from Tennessee, so I guess that means I'm joining the boilermaker crew once again. I have a feeling I won't regret it. Although, it is tough to let go because I could have been living next to the great smoky mountains. Oh well, they'll still be there when I visit and who knows, maybe someday my career will take me there or somewhere similar.

I think we're going to have a great class coming in this year and I look forward to meeting everybody in August. :thumbup:

Now I have to figure out where to live. (The decisions never end)

I was accepted to TN too..but Memphis is pretty sketchy..that was such a turn off even though the school was really good. I'd rather go to Purdue too!

I was accepted to TN too..but Memphis is pretty sketchy..that was such a turn off even though the school was really good. I'd rather go to Purdue too!

Yeah, I have no interest in living in Memphis, but I was accepted to the Knoxville campus for the P2 and P3 years, which is a great city. I was very impressed with the school and it was not easy to make the choice to withdrawal. However, in a couple of months, I think it will be very obvious I made the right choice.

Are you going to Colorado?

I interviewed there on February 28. That was also a very impressive school. I haven't heard back from them yet. I don't know what happened, I thought the interview went great.:confused:
One thing I noticed is that all the faculty and students at CU kept talking about diversity, and I was one of about one hundred white male 20 somethings in the room, so I would have really had to make an impression to get past that interview. Who knows, my guess is that I'm on the wait list.

Doesn't matter, because I'm going to Purdue. I love Colorado and I hope to be living out in the Rocky Mountains one day. As for now, I have four years in West Lafayette before I go down that path.

Hope you enjoy it! Denver is a wonderful place to be.

Yeah, I have no interest in living in Memphis, but I was accepted to the Knoxville campus for the P2 and P3 years, which is a great city. I was very impressed with the school and it was not easy to make the choice to withdrawal. However, in a couple of months, I think it will be very obvious I made the right choice.

Are you going to Colorado?

I interviewed there on February 28. That was also a very impressive school. I haven't heard back from them yet. I don't know what happened, I thought the interview went great.:confused:
One thing I noticed is that all the faculty and students at CU kept talking about diversity, and I was one of about one hundred white male 20 somethings in the room, so I would have really had to make an impression to get past that interview. Who knows, my guess is that I'm on the wait list.

Doesn't matter, because I'm going to Purdue. I love Colorado and I hope to be living out in the Rocky Mountains one day. As for now, I have four years in West Lafayette before I go down that path.

Hope you enjoy it! Denver is a wonderful place to be.

Yep I am! Yeah I know about that diversity thing...But I was about the only white female there on my interview day. I really loved the school and the area as well. I'm from Missouri..soo there isn't much there. I'm kind of sad even though I got accepted to Purdue I'm not going because it is such a good ranked school. I just honestly hated it. But at least we have options! Better than not having any at all!!

I should have put Knoxville for after P1 year..but for some reason I wanted Memphis at the time. I still think though that I'd be going to Colorado. I just loved it! And the scenery doesn't hurt either!

The post still hasn't hit the shores of Houston, so being impatient I called Brenda Stevens to ease my mind.
Accepted :thumbup:
I'm thinking about making another trip up north to check out Purdue under different circumstances.

Made a group on Facebook.

Just look for Purdue Pharmacy Class of 2015

Made a group on Facebook.

Just look for Purdue Pharmacy Class of 2015

man i hope there are not that many ppl on the facebook group so I can get off the waitlist already:xf:.

but congratulations to those who have been accepted. one random question but does anybody have any info on the nuclear pharmacy rotation in London - it tried looking everywhere for it but couldnt find. obviously this is definitely looking well ahead considering i havent been accepted yet but a couple more facts about this amazing rotation would be good to hear

Last edited:
I'm not the most tech-savvy fellow; I can't find the facebook group.
Can anyone post the link for it?

for any previous Purdue students here, anybody know when most on the ppl on the waitlist get eventually accepted (like april, june, mid july?). also is there a chance that they may not get about half of the ppl of the waitlist). im so nervous about this now even though the last 5 years stats have shown 40-45 ppl get of the waitlist and im currently #30.

I'm wondering the same thing. When will people start to drop and when purdue will send acceptance to people on the waitlist. Although, I am #2, I am still still anxiously waiting. I already have a place that I like to rent, but i don't want to sign up for anything yet till I actually receive the acceptance letter. :xf:

I just declined my offer yesterday, so hopefully some of you will be hearing back soon. Although I wanted to go to Purdue so bad, I gave it up due to out-of-state status and the weather. :(

I just declined my offer yesterday, so hopefully some of you will be hearing back soon. Although I wanted to go to Purdue so bad, I gave it up due to out-of-state status and the weather. :(

thanks for opening up a spot. yeah the tuition is more on the higher side so im getting a scholarship soon (the non-purdue ones) and the weather can get pretty bad during the jan-feb times. if you dont mind me asking where are you going next year? where from CA are you from? it would have been awesome if all the out of states at purdue were from CA - maybe try to petition an APPE rotation in CA. wish the best of luck in your future pharmacy career.

thanks for opening up a spot. yeah the tuition is more on the higher side so im getting a scholarship soon (the non-purdue ones) and the weather can get pretty bad during the jan-feb times. if you dont mind me asking where are you going next year? where from CA are you from? it would have been awesome if all the out of states at purdue were from CA - maybe try to petition an APPE rotation in CA. wish the best of luck in your future pharmacy career.

Hi, there
I just wondering where can you get scholarship, how do you search for it and what kind of scholarship is available for pharmacy students.
I must have been searching in the wrong spot. All I found are none-related ones. I mean undergrad, research, etc. Can you give me some pointers? I mean I can cover my tuitions by borrow more loans, but scholarship would be really nice. :D
It would be nice if there is a site for APPE in CA. However, I think the school just don't want to get into too much competition with other CA schools. I don't think they would mind if we found one, but it's unlikely though. :( I'm ok with APPE in indy.

Hi, there
I just wondering where can you get scholarship, how do you search for it and what kind of scholarship is available for pharmacy students.
I must have been searching in the wrong spot. All I found are none-related ones. I mean undergrad, research, etc. Can you give me some pointers? I mean I can cover my tuitions by borrow more loans, but scholarship would be really nice. :D
It would be nice if there is a site for APPE in CA. However, I think the school just don't want to get into too much competition with other CA schools. I don't think they would mind if we found one, but it's unlikely though. :( I'm ok with APPE in indy.

I applied through fast-web, plus my walmart boss gave me one for the walmart pharmacy scholarship, and this other website I cant think of the top of my head. to be honest its so tough to get a non-merit based scholarship, i dont mind getting loans and stuff but i wish pharmacy school put a little more aid into the entering class. but keep applying to these scholarships online like crazy, supposedly i heard a person from Oregon State Pharmacy only pays for 7k total thanks to the scholarships totaling nearly 60k+.

regarding the APPE, i talked to gina haile regarding the rotations and she gave me this, the majority of the rotations take place in indiana but here are couple you might like (see attachment, let me know if it doesnt upload). how does being london for a rotation sound to ya?

yeah my interviewer told me they dont want to get into CA territory bc of the 7-8 pharmacy schools in CA but considering Purdue is so nationally acclaimed these days, I was hoping they could do something at the Stanford Hospital or a nuclear pharmacy around the north Los Angeles area since no CA pharmacy schools offers courses in nuclear pharmacy

Attachments

• Copy of APPE rotations - Non-Indiana.xls
    17 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
London sounds crap. But Kenya sounds awesome :)

haha im guessing you had a bad experience in london? the one in houston sounds cool tho since i some good friends over there to live with. any current purdue students know if the london/kenya they give you free housing?

haha im guessing you had a bad experience in london? the one in houston sounds cool tho since i some good friends over there to live with. any current purdue students know if the london/kenya they give you free housing?
Somewhat. I lived there and wasn't a major fan. Felt like I was part of the rat race (wake up, jump on the tube, go to work, jump on tube, go home, sleep. Repeat). Personally I found London to be an amazing city to be a tourist in, but not to live in. I ended up moving to Edinburgh, much better.
I've never been to Kenya before, but I'm going to be there for a few days in June.

No idea about the housing though.

Last edited:
Wow, what a day! I got email from Ms. Stevens today says that my acceptance letter is on its way. :love:
However, it has been such a long day today and nothing goes right with both my lab and my home.:( I am way too tired to be excited, but I finally got my acceptance. Yeah, I'm so happy!!! It turned everything around for me.:cool:
See you guys in fall 2011. Go boilermakers!

Last edited:
Wow, what a day! I got email from Ms. Stevens today says that my acceptance letter is on its way. :love:
However, it has been such a long day today and nothing goes right with both my lab and my home.:( I am way too tired to be excited, but I finally got my acceptance. Yeah, I'm so happy!!! It turned everything around for me.:cool:
See you guys in fall 2011. Go broiler makers!

congrats. im guessing the waitlist on the purdue website is not updated since it shows no change. only 28 more spots to go.:xf:

Did they give you a website to go to in order to check the wait list?

Hahaha, don't worry I won't be logging into anyone's PharmCAS.

congrats. im guessing the waitlist on the purdue website is not updated since it shows no change. only 28 more spots to go.:xf:

Thanx, good luck to you too. I don't think it is updated yet. I think they start updating them from april 15th. Furthermore, she only sending me the email to let me know that the letter will be send in next couple days. Definitely, too early for everything to be updated. By the way, do you check SDN like every second? hehe:)

Did they give you a website to go to in order to check the wait list?
Yes, they gave us this website along with our letter says that we are on waitlist. The website is listed with your pharmcas id number. I think it's really awesome that they do that. Most schools in CA don't even give your a rank or idea where you are on waitlist, needless to say the exact position and a website dedicated to let people know what's going exactly. :thumbup:

Thanx, good luck to you too. I don't think it is updated yet. I think they start updating them from april 15th. Furthermore, she only sending me the email to let me know that the letter will be send in next couple days. Definitely, too early for everything to be updated. By the way, do you check SDN like every second? hehe:)

Yes, they gave us this website along with our letter says that we are on waitlist. The website is listed with your pharmcas id number. I think it's really awesome that they do that. Most schools in CA don't even give your a rank or idea where you are on waitlist, needless to say the exact position and a website dedicated to let people know what's going exactly. :thumbup:

well im a receptionist for one of my jobs and my boss lets me on other websites while at work hence a lot of PharmD1988 posts. just trying to keep updated since im eager to attend here. btw you check my posts on the out of state rotations - no CA rotations:mad:.