Pritzker vs. Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC1148

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have found reading the suggestions that many people have posted to help other people struggling to pick a school very helpful and I would like to solicit your input as I find myself struggling as well.

I have narrowed it down between Duke & Pritzker. I attended Duke revisit and loved the school. My biggest concern, as someone from NYC, is living in Durham. I wasn't able to revisit Pritzker but did enjoy my time during my interview.

Pros for Duke: 3rd Year, Overall reputation
Cons for Duke: Durham, less diverse patient population

Pros for UofC: Financial Aid, Chicago (CITY!), emphasis on community service
Cons for UofC: More traditional (although changing) curriculum

I tremendously appreciate any suggestions or ideas about either school to ponder.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
Here's a thread I made a while ago to give people some insight into Duke.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=604761

As far as Durham goes, I don't have to tell you that it is VERY different from NYC. Personally, I like Durham a lot...you can drive everywhere in under 15 minutes, Chapel Hill and Raleigh are a short ways away, it has good restaurants, great weather, lots of outdoor stuff, and is super cheap. Durham was a little small for me at first but it's grown to be the perfect size (again, for me). Check out the other thread if you want, and let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.