Prerequisites before applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

Iam applying for year 2007. I have to complete 3 quarter credits of Orgo-II and 3 quarter credits of Physics to finish my science pre-requistes. I have completed 1 yr of Bio and 1 yr of Gen Chemistry and 2 quarters (6 credits) of orgo and physics.

i am planning to apply as soon as as possible that is 1st week of sep,2006 when the Application service opens, so that i can get in without much of problem and its always nice to know you are in and spend the remaining year in ease.Ok, here's my question. Are we eligible to apply before we finish all the pre-reqs. Do they give admissions or they say that first go and complete and re-apply.

And why do so many people say that applying early increases your chances of getting accepted. iam applying early because i read on these forums. Is there any valid logic behind applying early.

I wanna apply to California and Barry.will i benefit if i apply early there. they are like my first preference (i swear this has nothing to with their rankings). I dont wanna stay in chicago, i hate snow and cold weather. i come from Southern india so never seen snow like milwaukee and chicago.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

cool_vkb said:
hey,

Iam applying for year 2007. I have to complete 3 quarter credits of Orgo-II and 3 quarter credits of Physics to finish my science pre-requistes. I have completed 1 yr of Bio and 1 yr of Gen Chemistry and 2 quarters (6 credits) of orgo and physics.

i am planning to apply as soon as as possible that is 1st week of sep,2006 when the Application service opens, so that i can get in without much of problem and its always nice to know you are in and spend the remaining year in ease.Ok, here's my question. Are we eligible to apply before we finish all the pre-reqs. Do they give admissions or they say that first go and complete and re-apply.

And why do so many people say that applying early increases your chances of getting accepted. iam applying early because i read on these forums. Is there any valid logic behind applying early.

I wanna apply to California and Barry.will i benefit if i apply early there. they are like my first preference (i swear this has nothing to with their rankings). I dont wanna stay in chicago, i hate snow and cold weather. i come from Southern india so never seen snow like milwaukee and chicago.

Thank You

Applying early is the key to any and all medical schools including DPM, DO or MD. This is true b/c of rolling admissions. As applicants come in they are compared to the average class statistics and to each other. If they meet the average statistics it is more than likely they will be accepted. If they class is close to being full they will rely more on comparing them to others, not just meeting the minimum. This is why early application and interviewing is key.

Second, incomplete pre-reqs are okay but you may receive a conditional acceptance. For example if you have to take Org II an Physics II, they may tell you that you need to receive at least a B in each of the classes or they will drop you acceptance.

Finally, if you like warm weather, go to AZPOD. It is the up and comer of podiatric schools and is on track to become the number 1 school (this of course is only "on-track" and therefore remains to be seen)

hold on, "B" grade? i thought a grade of "C" or better was the standard system.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Applying early is the key to any and all medical schools including DPM, DO or MD. This is true b/c of rolling admissions. As applicants come in they are compared to the average class statistics and to each other. If they meet the average statistics it is more than likely they will be accepted. If they class is close to being full they will rely more on comparing them to others, not just meeting the minimum. This is why early application and interviewing is key.

Second, incomplete pre-reqs are okay but you may receive a conditional acceptance. For example if you have to take Org II an Physics II, they may tell you that you need to receive at least a B in each of the classes or they will drop you acceptance.

Finally, if you like warm weather, go to AZPOD. It is the up and comer of podiatric schools and is on track to become the number 1 school (this of course is only "on-track" and therefore remains to be seen)

Members don't see this ad :)

and do u know by chance what are the average stats for barry and ccpm. i thought of azpod but they dont accept DAT. they only consider it. but CCPM accepts directly dat scores.

Dr_Feelgood said:

cool_vkb said:

and do u know by chance what are the average stats for barry and ccpm. i thought of azpod but they dont accept DAT. they only consider it. but CCPM accepts directly dat scores.

That was an example. There is no standard it is dependent on your present GPA. If you were sitting with a 2.5, 2 more Cs would push you below the minimum.

For stat info, check out www.medschoolready.com, they have most of the stats for the podiatry schools