Getting letters of recommendation early before applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshualander

Reaction score
I will be applying in August this year for 2022 admission and was curious as to if I could obtain my letters of recommendation sometime soon and keep them on hand until applying. I’ve read that some schools use interfolio while others have stated that emailing in the letters is fine. Obviously it would make sense that schools do not want me reading the letters so what can I do with the letters until then? Do I need to wait until I get closer to the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying in August this year for 2022 admission and was curious as to if I could obtain my letters of recommendation sometime soon and keep them on hand until applying. I’ve read that some schools use interfolio while others have stated that emailing in the letters is fine. Obviously it would make sense that schools do not want me reading the letters so what can I do with the letters until then? Do I need to wait until I get closer to the cycle?

No, you do not need to wait until July. All 9 programs use interfolio, so you can ask your writers to submit it there now, and you can send them once the cycle opens.

Reactions: 1 users