Post retirement plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve actually thought about getting a degree in history or archeology. Maybe if I retire before 60.
I can take classes for free now, I should probably be doing that as well, though very few take advantage of that perk.
Of course it will be harder to get into a good fraternity the second time around.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I’ve actually thought about getting a degree in history or archeology. Maybe if I retire before 60.
I can take classes for free now, I should probably be doing that as well, though very few take advantage of that perk.
Of course it will be harder to get into a good fraternity the second time around.
You're my boy Blue!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have thought it might be fun in retirement to take some law classes and then take cases that are against big hospital systems or other abusers of providers (cough, AMC's, cough).

WTH, maybe I can even lead the charge in the organization of physicians into a proper union (and the successful legal argument for such).

Reactions: 2 users
I could barely get through physics 101 as a freshman...

At my undergrad we had 2 physics sections, one for engineers and hard core physical science majors and an easier “premed” section. The premed section reputedly had much easier grading, something like 60% of the class got As, so that’s the one I took.

Reactions: 1 user
At my undergrad we had 2 physics sections, one for engineers and hard core physical science majors and an easier “premed” section. The premed section reputedly had much easier grading, something like 60% of the class got As, so that’s the one I took.

Sissy.

• Haha

Think of the sorority access though!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I would rather just audit classes for the knowledge than do the busy work associated with grades and a degree. Practicing medicine for close to 40 years has made me sick of busy work and I plan to avoid it at all costs in retirement

Reactions: 1 users
If he is so exceptional, what took him so long?

True. Though it was his 3rd doctorate and real ones at that. Maybe he was pacing himself (class of 1955, 1967, and 2022) and there is a mention of some health challenges.