Pgy1 pay south Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarplummy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, any info on monthly take home pay for a pgy1 family med resident in south Miami and whether this can support a family of four?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, any info on monthly take home pay for a pgy1 family med resident in south Miami and whether this can support a family of four?
Your best bet would be to look at the websites for the specific residencies you are interested in, and they should list the salary and benefits there. The average residency salary is $50-70k or so depending on region, I imagine this would be somewhat tight for a family of 4 in a high cost of living area without a second income.

Hmm the website doesn’t say anything about pay and I don’t want to ask upfront.

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think that there's anything bad about asking, to be honest. Any place that acts snippy, or otherwise penalizes you for asking, is going to be a toxic place to train. It's a totally reasonable question that is easy to answer; you're not asking for the daily hospital cafeteria menu or something weird.

Reactions: 1 user
Sometimes it is a bit tricky to find - once in a while instead of putting it in the tabs on the page for the actual residency, they will put it on the general GME page (for all residencies). You might also try just googling "X family medicine residency stipend and benefits" and see if you can get to it that way. But agreed, if you can't find it, totally reasonable to ask on interview day and they are actually required to provide you with that info.