PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys,

in case anyone is still looking for housing we have a bedroom in a 4bd/2ba in a house only a couple miles from school. here's a link with some photos.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/roo/1852564272.html

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, Im applying to DO schools this cycle. According to AACOMAS, my ugrad cgpa is 2.87 with a science gpa of 3.12. I also have a masters in molecular biology with a gpa of 3.75. For some reason aacomas splurges the two together, so i guess my total is 3.01 total and 3.26 science.

I have a 30R mcat and plenty of clinical experience (2 yrs) and experience shadowing two MDs. I have two years of research experience with a first author review publication and a poster under my belt.

However, i have no volunteer exp. and have not shadowed a DO. I dont know how to go about it - met the two docs above during my time working in the hospitals, and DOs are practically nonexistent in my hospital.

Im applying to PCOM, Kirksville, AZCOM, CCOM, DMUcom, and NYCOM. How do u guys think Ill fare?

Hey guys, Im applying to DO schools this cycle. According to AACOMAS, my ugrad cgpa is 2.87 with a science gpa of 3.12. I also have a masters in molecular biology with a gpa of 3.75. For some reason aacomas splurges the two together, so i guess my total is 3.01 total and 3.26 science.

I have a 30R mcat and plenty of clinical experience (2 yrs) and experience shadowing two MDs. I have two years of research experience with a first author review publication and a poster under my belt.

However, i have no volunteer exp. and have not shadowed a DO. I dont know how to go about it - met the two docs above during my time working in the hospitals, and DOs are practically nonexistent in my hospital.

Im applying to PCOM, Kirksville, AZCOM, CCOM, DMUcom, and NYCOM. How do u guys think Ill fare?

I won't comment on your chances, however I can give some advice:
1) apply to more schools than that
2) SHADOW A DO! I know it is going to be inconvenient but do everything you can to do so. How will any of these schools know if you feel know what osteopathy is really all about?
3) Volunteer-- immediately in something that takes real effort. You may have 'screwed the pooch' by not having volunteer experience under your belt.

Hope this helps

--Tallscrubs