PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.5/28R still waiting... i guess they like the surrounding states more than VA

There are plenty of people that get accepted from out of state.

However since more people apply from in-state, more people get interviewed/accepted from in-state.

Members don't see this ad.

anybody hear back recently from PCOM about acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
interesting. i thought i would have heard back from them by now. is it getting late in the cycle?

Yeah I'm from VA as well. I kind of thought I'd hear something back from them a little while ago....but I guess I thought wrong. :confused:

Anybody know how long they'll be interviewing/sending out interviews?

Yea, I'm not sure why they haven't acted on our applications yet. And, does anyone know how full the class currently is based on received deposits from those that have recently interviewed?

Not sure how full the class is, but there are 76 people in the facebook group: PCOM class of 2014. Oh, and there are at least two of us from VA....probably more......so I don't think being from VA is any kind of a serious strike against you. I was complete in early fall though.....late Sept/early Oct, I think. Can't remember the exact date.

For what it's worth, around this time LAST YEAR when I interviewed, the class was 80% full (which roughly leaves with about 55 seats left out of a typical class size of ~270).

Rollo is pretty accurate with his numbers. But people always drop until August, so maybe add 10-15 spots?

How long after yall sent in your deposit did you guys get your student binders? Also, what are some good cheap apartments next to school that are in decent areas? thanks guys!

One spot for tomorrow's interview is open, I will not be interviewing at PCOM.
Call to push yours up if you can.
Good luck to all

Does anybody know how much waitlist movement there usually is at PCOM?

Has anyone recently received an acceptance to PCOM? Are interviews still going on?
I interviewed already in Feb and was put on "no decision" because of my MCAT but i sent in my new scores 2 weeks ago. I feel like I should have heard by now. Ive been accepted to another school and the deposit is due soon. I really want to go to PCOM. Should I call them up and ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does PCOM send rejections or is it silent?

I'm thinking it is silent. I was complete in Sept/Oct and the only thing I received from PCOM is a username and password for a page that just says they have my info. Send me my rejection letter/email already:mad:!!

I know I'm being inpatient, but I am going crazy waiting for a response from PCOM! I interviewed 3/4, and I know that I still have a bit to go (they said a month), but did any of you guys find out sooner than they said you would?

so does anybody know if PCOM is still accepting people for interviews? I was complete back in October.....and I'm pretty sure the fact that I haven't heard so much as a whisper (in the form of that online check page) from them means that my chances have dwindled to puuuuuuurdy much nothing.

I know I'm being inpatient, but I am going crazy waiting for a response from PCOM! I interviewed 3/4, and I know that I still have a bit to go (they said a month), but did any of you guys find out sooner than they said you would?

I would just give them a call if I were you. I interviewed on 3/1 and received my acceptance 3/8 in the mail. My interview was delayed from a previous date due to weather, but I don't think this impacted the time of the decision. I'm sure they are busy, but it may not hurt just to give them a quick call.

i would not worry at all, they told me a month and it was almost a month on the dot until i was accepted. you still have some time

Best of luck

Haha woah! Just realized that i spelled impatient wrong, I'm not that dumb, I swear! But thanks for all of the responses, I just need to relax and wait haha!

What do you all think of Fairview Place? It's close to school and an alright price at 785 for a jr. one bed room. Anyone live there? Love to hear opinions. Anyone know if it comes furnished?

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back about an interview? I'm OOS but I attended college in PA and I have a 3.4/ 30 but have not heard from PCOM since I completed my secondary back in Jan.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back about an interview? I'm OOS but I attended college in PA and I have a 3.4/ 30 but have not heard from PCOM since I completed my secondary back in Jan.

I'm in the same boat. 3.3gpa/33mcat. Completed my secondary application early January and have not heard a word since. I've called to hound them and the most recent call last week responded saying, we have all your stuff, we interview until the end of march, we're still offering interviews, and that's all we can tell you. What a joke. Do they really offer someone an interview with a date five days in advance? What a terrible system. I feel your stress.

What do you all think of Fairview Place? It's close to school and an alright price at 785 for a jr. one bed room. Anyone live there? Love to hear opinions. Anyone know if it comes furnished?

hey i did my undergrad in philly and i think that price is very high, much higher than anyone i know is paying. For 400 to 500 you could get a place in Manayunk or even the art museum area if you are lucky.

I also have not heard anything since September. I have sent updated transcripts, letters of recommendation, and letters of interest but apparently they don't care. oh well.... FWIW 3.5/27

Hey everyone, I know that PCOM has extended their interviewing through the first week of April to accommodate the amount of applications they've received. My interview is April 5th. Can anyone who has interviewed offer me any advice? Does anyone know how full the class is right now?

Hey everyone, I know that PCOM has extended their interviewing through the first week of April to accommodate the amount of applications they've received. My interview is April 5th. Can anyone who has interviewed offer me any advice? Does anyone know how full the class is right now?

interview feedback is your best bet to prepare for the interview, good luck!

Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on 3/4 (or after) heard anything from PCOM since?

Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on 3/4 (or after) heard anything from PCOM since?

I interviewed on 3/22 and received a letter in the mail Saturday 3/27 that a decision on my application is delayed until they finish interviewing.

I'm thinking it is silent. I was complete in Sept/Oct and the only thing I received from PCOM is a username and password for a page that just says they have my info. Send me my rejection letter/email already:mad:!!

The Georgia campus is doing the same thing. They extended interviews and have yet to give holds a final decision. Apparently, there is no set date to make up their waitlist and give decisions. This is very fustrating as it makes it difficult to plan for next cycle, not to mention the stress!!!

The Georgia campus is doing the same thing. They extended interviews and have yet to give holds a final decision. Apparently, there is no set date to make up their waitlist and give decisions. This is very fustrating as it makes it difficult to plan for next cycle, not to mention the stress!!!

Yeah, I just lump Georgia Campus with the Philly campus. Thankfully, I'll be attending another school (ironically LECOM, the other PA DO school). I just want the closure/finality of my rejection letter. I feel really bad for those people who are clinging to hope. I was in that position last year for MD schools. No fun at all.

I just withdrew my acceptance from PCOM this morning. I hope that one of you whose decision has been put on hold/is on the waitlist gets my spot soon!

PCOM was awesome and this was pretty hard to do....best of luck to everyone!

I feel your pain, Mitchman, my file has been complete since Jan. The only correspondence I have received from the school is an e-mail informing me on how I can check my application status online (which I do very often). So, no reply from the school in 3 months, I am thinking this is PCOM’s version of a “silent” rejection, oh well. I was curious about the forthcoming app cycle; will this “silent” rejection affect my application for the coming cycle (2010-2011)? Anybody in the same boat as me, want to start a POCM 2010-2011 forum? lol:laugh: Might as well use our anxiety constructively. Thanks guys

I just withdrew my acceptance from PCOM this morning. I hope that one of you whose decision has been put on hold/is on the waitlist gets my spot soon!

PCOM was awesome and this was pretty hard to do....best of luck to everyone!

Good luck CallmeX. Sorry to see you go.......

Hey all - I interview 3/25 and haven't heard anything yet - has anyone got a decision letter lately? the anxiety is killing me!:scared:

I interviewed on 3/4 and got the letter saying that they are holding all applications until after April 15 (the day that the $2000 deposit was due for everyone who was accepted). But, in the letter it said I would hear something before April 26th, so maybe we'll all hear around that time?

I interviewed on 3/4 and got the letter saying that they are holding all applications until after April 15 (the day that the $2000 deposit was due for everyone who was accepted). But, in the letter it said I would hear something before April 26th, so maybe we'll all hear around that time?

oh that's helpful - thanks for the response - it would be nice if they gave their applicants more info..oh well
well back to the tent I set outside of my mailbox
good luck MedHopeful! I hope you get something soon too

I too wanted to confirm the news about the hold or no decision. I just got word that i'm a no decision right now for pcom. Kinda devastated me today, but I remain hopeful. I loved the school and hope it works out for all of us. According to the office though they did give out acceptances as well as no decisions..if I heard correctly....anybody confirm they got an acceptance recently?

I too wanted to confirm the news about the hold or no decision. I just got word that i'm a no decision right now for pcom. Kinda devastated me today, but I remain hopeful. I loved the school and hope it works out for all of us. According to the office though they did give out acceptances as well as no decisions..if I heard correctly....anybody confirm they got an acceptance recently?

Sorry to hear that Kabirm - no decision is better than a definite no - did you receive a letter or phone call? Anyone else got a letter either way? Its almost been a month since my interview and I'm about ready to call but always afraid I'm gonna piss 'em off
good luck to everyone else still waiting

Sorry to hear that Kabirm - no decision is better than a definite no - did you receive a letter or phone call? Anyone else got a letter either way? Its almost been a month since my interview and I'm about ready to call but always afraid I'm gonna piss 'em off
good luck to everyone else still waiting

Jon they will send a letter, if you call the will give you no information, its their policy. Best just to hold tight, pray, and hope. Best forces of change still available and in your control. I would say give it another week. hope everything works out for both us

So it looks like my application sat, complete, in a drawer since early December. I called to ask what was going on and all I got was "interviews are completed and final decision letters will be sent out soon".

I was told by admissions in mid-April that it was 95% full, so there are still seats to be filled.

Waitlisted, which I think we all know is a rejection at this point...

3.5 GPA
33P MCAT

Damn.

Don't lose hope! You never know!

I still didn't get a letter, but hopefully I'll be getting one tomorrow -- However, since you were waitlisted with a 33 MCAT, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a waitlist or rejection letter