Part time malpractice insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrFlyGuy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just inquiring to see if anyone knows of any good resources for low cost part time or "per patient" malpractice insurance? It would have to include a tail. I appreciate it.

Best regards,

MrFlyGuy

Members don't see this ad.

PRMS
Divides at below 20 patient hours or more than 20 patient hours. Fact check that when you call them.
I'd be surprised if you find per patient level, with any insurance.

Reactions: 1 user
MIEC also has a 25% discount for part time (<20 hours per week) and a 60% discount for <10 hours per week. They took forever to respond to me and didn't really answer my questions when I reached out to them twice, though.

PRMS told me that they have an under 20 patient hour price too.

I feel like many of my colleagues in private practice are working probably less than 20 patient hours per week on average anyways, although many of them work about 20-24 clinical hours per week, they also take like 10-12 weeks off a year and don't work Fridays.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do they really know how many hours you're working? Is this just honor system?

I get a 50% discount from APA as long as I work <20 hours a week

How will they know when you get sued?
When you get sued, insurance tries to find a reason that they do not need to cover you. When your insurer requests your EMR records for that period during the discovery phase they will see how many hours you worked and you will be effectively uninsured.

When you get sued, insurance tries to find a reason that they do not need to cover you. When your insurer requests your EMR records for that period during the discovery phase they will see how many hours you worked and you will be effectively uninsured.
Gotcha, if insurance does find a reason to not cover you and you’re uninsured, will the lawyer then sue you for your personal assets?

I diligently keep track of my hours per week, and average per quarter, to counter against just in case.

But it also helps to extrapolate income potential with expanded hours.

They're doing the same to me.
Who did you switch to?
Same here I think they finally fully matured and I believe insurance costs are up across the board this year from last year's rates so I am not sure if that is the reason for the bump this year but they do this again next year and it will be time for a new company.

Been years since I priced, but when I did, they were all pretty much the same.
Suspect the same will hold true.

Same here I think they finally fully matured and I believe insurance costs are up across the board this year from last year's rates so I am not sure if that is the reason for the bump this year but they do this again next year and it will be time for a new company.
Move sooner than later.