Technology Palm One Treo 600

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have this phone/PDA? I plan on purchasing one with AT&T next month. Is its features just like the Tungsten series? What PDA software/programs do you have installed on it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yah-E said:
Do any of you have this phone/PDA? I plan on purchasing one with AT&T next month. Is its features just like the Tungsten series? What PDA software/programs do you have installed on it?

There are tons of posts on this specific topic. You may want to do a search for "Treo 600"

Quick note-watch out for AT&T, everyone I've ever talked to hates them. You might be better off.

You're in a dental program so I don't know if our programs will overlap...will they?

Tungsten vs. Treo. Tungsten is more of a Palm, better processor, better graphics and some have the stretch display (so sweeeet!) but the Treo obviously is a phone and you compromise some of the functionality.

Anyway, here's what I wrote in another post:

The Treo 600 is good, not great. It definitely improves upon the Treo 270 but I think the 600's keyboard took a turn for the worse and is much harder to use. The external card is the best feature as far as I am concerned and it does have a much faster processor. I noticed it right away when I started loading programs. The camera is downright awful! I love the 5-way navigation.

If I could improve it, I'd put a normal sized headphone jack on it, bigger keyboard and more internal memory. Not everything works with the card so you have limited onboard memory. Also, the graphics are terrible and I'd make it harder for the card to come out-right now it comes out all of the time. Plus, I'd make it harder to switch between audible & vibrate. I can't tell you the number of times my phone rang after I put it on vibrate.

Overall, I'd grade it a 'B' and there are definitely ways they can improve it. That's why I like to upgrade every year. To learn the latest on the Treo, check out www.treocentral.com it's a good website with good treo resources. Enjoy!

Mike:

Thanks for the tips my man! I'm leaning towards a Treo 600, but my options are still open, perhaps a true Palm (Tungsten series) is what I will look into if all I want is a PDA. As of now, I'm looking for a new phone (with camera) and a PDA so the Treo is the best out there.

As far as programs/software goes, although I am in dental, but for an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) hopeful, having Tarascon Pharmacopoeia (I have the pocket book now), and a differential diagnosis software will be a great resource and reference during rounds and on-call nights (which I do quite often with our OMFS residency here at my school now).

So if you have any great medical Palm OS software that you use and recommend, by all means, do share!