Official 2017-2018 GI Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted application on Thursday, no interviews yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
its still very early. Most of the invites come in August. They will come. I know its hard to relax. I was in the same position last year.
@desirambo IMG invites come later than AMGS from what I remember from last year.

Reactions: 1 user
its still very early. Most of the invites come in August. They will come. I know its hard to relax. I was in the same position last year.
@desirambo IMG invites come later than AMGS from what I remember from last year.

Yes, GI is notorious for sending out invites later than almost all the other specialties. I would say the most send out invites between 1st and 3rd week of August. It is way early in the invitation process.

Thought I'd contribute since i'm a regular here.

Week 1 = 0 interviews.

Good luck everyone!

New week. May the force be with you.

Reactions: 2 users
fdfdfdf

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
4 thus far: oschner, Methodist Dallas, USA gastroenterology, cincinnati
:bow: Solid work!

Is it still crickets for everyone else today? I don't get why this year seems more quiet compared to the last few. Hoping we all start getting something to post about soon!

Last edited:
Yeah, I've only heard from Cincinnati so far.

One interview so far at Yale...

did anyone notice the there are fewer programs participating in ERAS this year? it was 182 last year. there is only 163 programs on ERAS this year

Can people please update the list of interviews with date received in their posts instead of just randomly mentioning them?

Here's the most recent one, please copy/paste and fill it in.

AMGs
7/20 Cincinnati

IMGs without visa restrictions (US citizens from non-US schools, green card holders)

Visa requiring IMGs

7/19 - Ochsner Clinic

AMGs
7/20 Cincinnati
7/25 Vanderbilt.

IMGs without visa restrictions (US citizens from non-US schools, green card holders)

Visa requiring IMGs

7/19 - Ochsner Clinic

AMGs
7/20; 7/25 Cincinnati
7/22: U Missouri, Columbia
7/24: Lehigh Valley
7/25 Vanderbilt.

Visa requiring IMGs

7/19 - Ochsner Clinic

AMGs
7/20; 7/25 Cincinnati
7/25 Vanderbilt.

7/24 - Lehigh Valley

Visa requiring IMGs
7/19 - Ochsner Clinic

AMGs
7/20; 7/25 Cincinnati
7/25 Vanderbilt.

7/24 - Lehigh Valley

Visa requiring IMGs
7/19 - Ochsner Clinic
7/26 - UT Southwestern Dallas

Duke (7/19)
Cincy (7/20)
UTSW (7/26)

AMGs

7/19: Duke
7/20; 7/25: Cincinnati
7/22: U Missouri-Columbia
7/25: Vanderbilt
7/26: UTSW

Visa requiring IMGs
7/19: Ochsner Clinic
7/26: UT Southwestern Dallas

Last edited:
Duke (7/19)
Cincy (7/20)
UTSW (7/26)

AMGs

7/19: Duke
7/20; 7/25: Cincinnati
7/22: U Missouri-Columbia
7/25: Vanderbilt
7/26: UTSW

Visa requiring IMGs
7/19: Ochsner Clinic
7/26: UT Southwestern Dallas
7/26: University of Arizona

Just got a message from KP which basically acknowledges receipt of application. No word on interview.

Just got a message from KP which basically acknowledges receipt of application. No word on interview.
me 2, 2 generic acknowledgements so far from KP and Rutgers. waiting..watching

Reactions: 1 users
Too early to start worrying?

No. I'm a second time applicant, last year I received invites starting early August. My last invite was during the last week of August. Of course this doesn't mean that the same will apply to all programs. Just being optimistic.

No. I'm a second time applicant, last year I received invites starting early August. My last invite was during the last week of August. Of course this doesn't mean that the same will apply to all programs. Just being optimistic.
If you don't mind sharing, how many interviews did you have and what did you learn from the experience?

Not an expert but, if you have applied broadly and you don't have anything yet- not yet time to worry but it is definitely not a good sign. I am in the same boat, I applied broadly but got nth yet, this is worrying me. if you look at trends from last year- AMGs will keep getting interviews. FMGs will keep hoping that the season is not over until suddenly it is over without getting enough interviews. sucks to be a FMG

Reactions: 2 users
Not an expert but, if you have applied broadly and you don't have anything yet- not yet time to worry but it is definitely not a good sign. I am in the same boat, I applied broadly but got nth yet, this is worrying me. if you look at trends from last year- AMGs will keep getting interviews. FMGs will keep hoping that the season is not over until suddenly it is over without getting enough interviews. sucks to be a FMG
Good luck to all of us. Tomorrow is a new day.

Good insight.

I agree to some extent. If you're an FMG like myself what other option do we have. We've put forth the best possible application. At this point panicking isn't really going to help. So just trying to stay objectively optimistic.

AMGs definitely have a leg up.

Good luck all!