COMLEX Official 2016 Comlex 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorman

TouroCOM-NY
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2016 COMLEX 2 CE

please post how you prepared
What scores you got while preparing UWORL, COMBANK, COMQUEST
What was your experience with the test
What was your score.

2015 thread :http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...x-2-ce-experiences-and-scores-thread.1127509/

2014 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...x-2-ce-experiences-and-scores-thread.1077080/

Members don't see this ad.

Yesterday was horrible. I did COMBANK twice through and COMQUEST once through and still think I might not have passed because there were random questions that I had to guess and didn't study since the question banks didn't cover them...

Did anyone feel similar? I need reassurance or else August will be a horrible month.

Yesterday was horrible. I did COMBANK twice through and COMQUEST once through and still think I might not have passed because there were random questions that I had to guess and didn't study since the question banks didn't cover them...

Did anyone feel similar? I need reassurance or else August will be a horrible month.
You do UWorld? Can't offer any support as I'm taking it tomorrow.

Everyone feels the same. Try to find solace in the amount you prepared and that should be enough to get us through.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
commbank is trash. How it gets the most use for steps 1 and 2 is beyond me. I think the visits from the CEO to schools must be paying off. I will forever feel like I wasted my time using that qbank.

I did about half of Uworld (throughout the year and the majority about 4 weeks before the exam - repeating subjects that I'm weak with to reinforce what I learned). But I stopped and focused on Level 2, not Step 2, Qbanks afterwards. If I could go back in time, I wish I was more disciplined in Uworld throughout the year.

For COMBANK and COMQUEST, I would do sets of 50 and have like about 20 mins left. But I barely had time to complete all of the questions yesterday and was playing catch up with the clock for a significant part of the exam - what's up with that?! During the exam, I was also questioning my career plans... :( This attitude might have hurt my score and slowed me down. But I THINK it felt slightly better than Level 1.

Thanks guys for your comforting words! I really hope the score I get reflects the work I've put through.

I e-mailed COMQUEST and asked them to add more microbiology especially animal vectors and bioterrorism, and they're forwarding it to the question makers.

I also felt horrible when I left, there were so many off the wall questions that I hadn't come across in my studying, and I thought there was a chance I had failed. I passed without issue.

I e-mailed COMQUEST and asked them to add more microbiology especially animal vectors and bioterrorism, and they're forwarding it to the question makers.

Just took it today, you are right, these were just absurd. Definitely feels like I failed. What was up with those long time-draining videos?

Ooh yeah those videos were crazy.

Seems like Nbome made the exam more difficult this year; I was talking to someone who took it last year and she told me that the questions were easier than COMAT! Oh well. I'm glad we are in the same boat. Good luck to everyone yet to take it - hope I didn't scare you guys!

What I had:
-Step 1 240s
-Comlex 1 650s

What I used:
-Uworld 70% with first pass + UW self assesment (247)
-MTB/Bros Step 2 deck with 1 month off for prep

What I got
-Step 2 250s
-Comlex 2 590s

Thoughts about comlex: It isn't as well a written exam as the steps, but it's manageable. There were several legal questions that I could never have known, as well as the typical off the wall questions that no amount of studying will prepare for. Those were a small minority. Uworld prepared me very well for the exam, which was a mix of IM/peds/gyn with a sprinkling of other topics. If I could give anyone advice on the OMM, know your chaps/VS/sacrum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Urology, stats, ethics, OB, Peds/Cardio,Pulm/Heme,Onc/GI:corny:

OMM everywhere:clap:

Fun.:=|:-):

:xf:

Last edited:
Took today --themes:

first half---Urology--shocking this TESTicle would be so heavy in this subject :beaver:
second half--stats, ethics, OB, Peds/Cardio,Pulm/Heme,Onc/GI:corny:

OMM everywhere:clap:

Fun.:=|:-):

:xf:
More biostats than Step 1 and Step 2 CK combined.

What I had:
-Step 1 240s
-Comlex 1 650s

What I used:
-Uworld 70% with first pass + UW self assesment (247)
-MTB/Bros Step 2 deck with 1 month off for prep

What I got
-Step 2 250s
-Comlex 2 590s

Thoughts about comlex: It isn't as well a written exam as the steps, but it's manageable. There were several legal questions that I could never have known, as well as the typical off the wall questions that no amount of studying will prepare for. Those were a small minority. Uworld prepared me very well for the exam, which was a mix of IM/peds/gyn with a sprinkling of other topics. If I could give anyone advice on the OMM, know your chaps/VS/sacrum.

Nice man. What are you going into? You should be good for anything

Figured I'd post my methods because they are a bit different from most of what I've seen here.
Level 1: 570s
Level 2: 720s
What worked for me may not work for you. My test was light on medicine and heavy on MSK / obgyn, which I am strong in.
4 weeks dedicated period
No UW questions during this time - I felt it didn't represent the material tested.
I did, however use the UW search function for the question explanations if something didn't make sense to me.
Combank X 1 + incorrects (~82% first pass)
Comquest X 1 + incorrects (~77% FP)
I used OnlineMedEd videos a good deal for treatment algorithms / conceptual ideas.
Of course hammered Savarese.
COMSAE A 3 weeks out: 720s
COMSAE D 2 weeks out: 740s
During the test, I went through the block quickly and answered everything, then slowly went through a second time. Only changed answers if I missed a detail.
Walked out of the test feeling solid, but I wouldn't have been surprised with a score anywhere 600+.

how high yield are endoscopy / colonoscopy / gross pathology images?

Any other areas I should focus on?

I failed Level 1 2 times before I passed and am just a bad test taker so any help is appreciated. My exam is in 2 weeks and being a mother of two little ones and having time taken from my day for them, I really need to hone in on the high yield. Thanks in advance. Wish you all the best.

I failed Level 1 2 times before I passed and am just a bad test taker so any help is appreciated. My exam is in 2 weeks and being a mother of two little ones and having time taken from my day for them, I really need to hone in on the high yield. Thanks in advance. Wish you all the best.

GI in general was high yield and seems to be high yield in other exam copies according to past posts. I think I might have gotten one colonoscopy but I don't remember endoscopy and gross pathology. In terms of imaging, I had a few head CTs that I didn't know what was going on :( . They weren't like the obvious crescent shaped formations seen in First Aid. I think taking a look at google images, radiopaedia.org or other resources would help. And of course, the images will come with a clinical vignette to help you narrow your differential diagnoses.

Lots of random medicolegal issues, even in video format, but I don't even know where you can study for that. Only like 33 % of it is REAL medicine, the rest some was some other jargon. Brush up on anatomy too.

if a pt has crohns and you notice skin tightness on Right Lower Abdomen, is that viscerosomatic or somatovisceral?

if a pt has crohns and you notice skin tightness on Right Lower Abdomen, is that viscerosomatic or somatovisceral?

Viscerosomatic I believe -- because a visceral etiology (crohns) is causing somatic symptom (skin tightness)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How much dedicated study time do guys get?

At my school, we don't get dedicated time for step2/level2, but we have the option to schedule our vacation month or do a research-like rotation to study for boards. Therefore, I'm wondering if it's common for people to have dedicated study time and that it won't be frowned upon if I take use my vacation time to study for boards.

called NBOME and was told scores will be released monday or tuesday between regular office hours. very helpful NBOME.

what was your thought on COMSAE A? It felt a bit different compared to the other Comsae's and heard that it was the last one updated by NBOME? What are your experiences/thoughts?

Scored 880's on Comlex 2 CE this year. Was pretty surprised because I did no combank and did Uworld 2x over the course of 3rd year and used green book 2 weeks before. I thought the test was relatively fair besides the OMM, which was far more difficult than I expected and very random. Obviously there were a lot of other questions that were really left field and 50/50 guesses though!

Last edited:
Scored 880's on Comlex 2 CE this year. Was pretty surprised because I did no combank and did Uworld 2x over the course of 3rd year and used green book 2 weeks before. I thought the test was relatively fair besides the OMM, which was far more difficult than I expected and very random. Obviously there were a lot of other questions that were really left field and 50/50 guesses though!
please post an image of your score sheet.

Reactions: 5 users

says someone who had to edit their post? haha in your dreams

usually its been early, idk what is taking them so long. Myb they are thinking "omg these guys did terrible, how did that happen?!"

First pass Combank- 83% COMLEX side, finishing up USMLE side - 85%
First pass Uworld 74%
Used MTB,FA and Kaplan Notes (went through these 2x)
Did all the CMS series
Read through savarese, redoing combank omm.

Comsae A - 680

Comsae B - 660

Comsae C - 620

Pulled a 710.

Agreed, time to move on. My ****e comlex 1 can suck it.

Last edited: