NYCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked back and it was posted.

Members don't see this ad.

The book list is up on the webboard!

and my financial aid info isn't up on NYIT connect ;( i dont like this!

does ne one know when we will be able to sign into guru and blackboard/noodle stuff?? I am trying to sign in with my ID/PW but it doesnt let me.. everyone else the same? or is it just me:shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
If we get more money than we need.. can we give it back anytime we want..?

Hey
Is there anybody willing to share a ride from Brooklyn to NYIT and I will help with gas money.
I live next to manhattan beach.
Thx

christina, is your financial aid info up yet? mine still shows nothing

anyone else's finaid status say they're only getting $1.00 in grad plus loans?

i kind of need a bit more than that to cover tuition.

anyone else's finaid status say they're only getting $1.00 in grad plus loans?

i kind of need a bit more than that to cover tuition.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps your credit score isn't high enough to secure a loan. Best you finaid to sort it out asap. :luck:

impossible! my credit score was like 792 last time i checked

Members don't see this ad :)
what time is orientation? is it 8 30?

in the handbook it also mentions that orientation lasts till august 20th. are we having class and orientation that week? or is it just orientation

Was there some letter sent out about orientation?
I didn't receive anything!

Orientation is August 13th? Time? Place? :confused:

the webboard says orientation starts at 8:30 am, but I got a letter today stating that we have to be there at 9 am...I am confused.

THE PROGRAM RUNS FROM FRIDAY AUGUST 13, 2010 8:30 AM SHARP TO FRIDAY AUGUST 20, 2010 THE FULL SCHEDULE WILL BE PUT UP IN JULY.
LOCATION: Riland Academic Center (NYCOM II) Auditorium is located on the lower level

-from the orientation handbook online

blueskies, did your letter contain any other information besides starting at 9am? i have yet to receive that letter.

I don't think it did, i'm on vacation in Cape Cod right now, so my grandmother called me when she received it at my house this morning and read it to me over the phone. It said orientation begins Friday, August 13, at 9 am, and is also Monday and Tuesday of the following week. It also said we have to stay through the entire program or else they will basically not let us matriculate. Oh yea, and it said to check the webboard for more detailed information and an orientation schedule. I think that was all. Where do you live? I am in Jersey, so I get mail from NYCOM pretty quickly.

Soo how is everyone going to dress for orientation? A student told me to dress professionally for the first day (sort of business casual, I guess?). I was kind of hoping I'd be able to get away with jeans from day one!

dress however you like. if there was a dress code, nycom would have told us. i'm going to wear shorts and a t shirt, it is a summer day in august. plus we arent even meeting anybody important the first day. it is all finaid, registrar type stuff.

dress however you like. if there was a dress code, nycom would have told us. i'm going to wear shorts and a t shirt, it is a summer day in august. plus we arent even meeting anybody important the first day. it is all finaid, registrar type stuff.

+1, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt as well

Do they still take the ID pics on the first day of registration? If they do, then wear something you don't mind showing up on your ID card (Top only).

Not sure if NYCOM started doing ID pics earlier, but in my year we did everything on day 1.

quick question for those accepted or know anyone thats been accepted at nycom: i just wanted to know if anyone that took the january MCAT for the first time was accepted into the following cycle of that same year

Hey first years...can anyone give me advice on what books to read up on before I start at NYCOM in 2011?

I was thinking I should read up on anatomy, but which of the NYCOM anatomy texts do you recommend for this purpose?

Thanks!

Hey first years...can anyone give me advice on what books to read up on before I start at NYCOM in 2011?

I was thinking I should read up on anatomy, but which of the NYCOM anatomy texts do you recommend for this purpose?

Thanks!

relax while you can. plenty of time to study when school starts.

This thread was really informative. Can anyone who attended med prep give us am idea of what it was like.

Thanks.