Number of new patients in a full clinic day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeslaCoil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many new patients are people seeing in a full clinic day? Just Curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Reactions: 1 users
wow... seems like a lot... what practice setting are you in? also do you have dedicated clinic days? if so how many clinic days vs procedure days?
its either all clinic or all injections.

i dont futz around with medications, so that saves some time.

ill also see hips and shoulders and knees and elbows.

thats NEW pts?? how many clinic days per week do you have vs procedure days?
1 clinic day a week, 3.5 procedures, the other half is either procedure or clinic based on need

Reactions: 1 user
Newbies are maybe 3-5. I see established patients for lumbar one day, cervical another, shoulder, hip...I also do procedures and clinic same day so there just isn't time to fit in many more people than that.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 6 new pt slots, 4 days a week. All my days are mixed procedure/pt visits except Fridays which are procedure only days…

We don't see new patients by ourselves in my group. NP does the lions share of the H&P, then they contact us to staff it. One of the docs doing procedures will come over, see the patient with the NP, do focused exam, and come up with plan. NP finishes the note/paperwork. NP gets a 30 minute slot for new patients, doc does it extra to their own schedule. Number of new patients per day seen varies by number of NPs, docs in the office, and the fates.

Edit: Sometimes when our new patient queue is too long, the doc will do a day of just new patients themselves. Those days we'll see 13ish.