NPTE October 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BETPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking NPTE next week?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. 2nd time taking it here, feeling confident but nervous! What is everyone reviewing/focusing on for the last few days?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, me too! Mainly doing a lot of reviewing this week, and focusing on staying relaxed and confident. Good luck everyone! :)

Hey. Thanks for the reply. 2nd time taking it here, feeling confident but nervous! What is everyone reviewing/focusing on for the last few days?

It is also my second time taking it, i am feeling confident and prepared for what to expect now. Second time is a charm ;) the last couple days I focused on Big 3 review. I put the books down yesterday and finished up with my notes and things that haven't been sticking today. We got this!!!! Good luck!

First time poster, wanted to let you guys know I walked out of the test feeling like I failed miserably as so much stuff appeared on the exam that I did not see on the scorebuilders/therapyed/PEATs. In case you were wondering, I scored 66-74% on the scorebuilders, 66/69/70% on the therapy eds, and 630 / 671 on the two PEATs. Gonna be a LOOOOOONG week boys and girls.

First time poster, wanted to let you guys know I walked out of the test feeling like I failed miserably as so much stuff appeared on the exam that I did not see on the scorebuilders/therapyed/PEATs. In case you were wondering, I scored 66-74% on the scorebuilders, 66/69/70% on the therapy eds, and 630 / 671 on the two PEATs. Gonna be a LOOOOOONG week boys and girls.

I had similar scores as you: 76% on the first scorebuilders, 68% on the first therapy ed, and 640/690 on the PEATs, and I totally feel like I failed. It felt more difficult than the Therapy Ed test! And I only got a 68% on that so..... :(

So what did you all think of the exam?
It was pretty hard, my first 2 sections were rough but I feel like I did pretty well on the last 3. Obviously made some silly mistakes. Most of my friends who took it in July felt like they failed but they passed, so don't beat yourself up! The waiting game begins... :(

Man. It wasn't too bad until I started thinking back on some questions, realizing I made silly mistakes. I was averaging low 70s on the TherapyEd practice exams, which tends to correlate with a passing score on the NPTE. I never get stressed about tests, but with so much riding on this I started second guessing myself. On a positive note I know a lot of classmates who felt terrible after the exam, but passed. Positive vibes for all.

I took the exam for the 2nd time earlier today and felt that it was more difficult than the July 2016 NPTE

Two questions for all of you:
1) For those who also today the July 2016 NPTE, did you feel that it was easier or harder than the October 2016 exam?
2) What was the "On Track to Pass" score out of 200 for the July 2016 NPTE?

Thank you and good luck to all of you who just finished the exam!

I took the exam for the 2nd time earlier today and felt that it was more difficult than the July 2016 NPTE

1) For those who also today the July 2016 NPTE, did you feel that it was easier or harder than the October 2016 exam?

Thank you and good luck to all of you who just finish the exam!

Hi,

In my opinion I thought July was harder... but I felt a lot more prepared this time and felt like if I took July again I would have passed. Mostly text anxiety/not studying the right way. I'm not sure what to think, I'm hoping for the best - I would hate to fail again :( ugh!

I don't remember the on track score to pass from last time - sorry! I'm sure we passed and are overthinking it!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they were both pretty tough. But from everyone I've talked to/and what i've read, almost everyone feels like they failed it when they walk out of it. I think all you needed was a 135/200 on the July test in order to pass.

Where did the 135/200 come from?? Is it on fsbpt website??

I bought the full score report and I think that was the number, but I'm not too sure. I can't look at it anymore because it expired =(

I bought the full score report and I think that was the number, but I'm not too sure. I can't look at it anymore because it expired =(

Okay. I always thought you had to score a 150/200.. so basically they kinda curve the exam??

Ya, I think they curve it based on the difficulty. If you look at the two PEAT's, I think I got a higher percentage and a lower score out of 800 on the first compared to the second. 1st test ~80% = 640 and on the 2nd ~75%=690

I HOPE you only need like a 68% on the test today. I thought it was difficult. Even a 68% might be tough. Long week....

I also took the July exam and thought this October exam was harder. At the same time, I did feel more prepared this time around. I remember answering some questions thinking "if this question was on the July exam I wouldn't have known the answer then but I know it now." I walked out of the July exam thinking it wasn't that bad, but all my friends thought it was hard, so maybe it's a good sign that we all thought it was hard. Now for the waiting game...fun!

I took the exam yesterday and walked out feeling completely deflated and I just know ive failed. I thought it had some crazy questions that I fealt like I wouldn't even know how to study for... I scored 73% on scorebuilders and 60% on therapy ed. Its gonna be a long week..

I took the exam yesterday and walked out feeling completely deflated and I just know ive failed. I thought it had some crazy questions that I fealt like I wouldn't even know how to study for... I scored 73% on scorebuilders and 60% on therapy ed. Its gonna be a long week..

hopefully it was just a hard exam for everyone. i keep trying to figure out what i got right/wrong. Ugh!

Thank you and good luck to all of you who just finished the exam!

I believe the actual cut of score to pass was probably 135-140/200 which is a 600. In July I got a 133/200 and scored 594 (missing passing by a few measley points! Grrr.) I am not gonna lie and I don't care what anyone says, this one was definitely MORE DIFFICULT THAN JULY! The questions just kind of caught me off guard. I spoke to another person who took it in July and yesterday she also agrees that yesterday's exam felt tougher. To each their own. But anyways I leave all my trust in Jesus Christ and we will all wait till next week! Be proud of your efforts for now, I am sure we all put in great amount of work, effort, and discipline to get this far (especially the 2nd time testers) Goodluck all!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I agree it was really hard. It was my first time taking it so I have nothing to compare it to, but in past threads it seems like people always walk out of the exam feeling like they failed, and they usually end up passing, so I'm trying not to worry too much! There definitely was some content that felt like it came out of left field, and lots of educated guessing. I just wish my brain would stop obsessing over some of the specific questions, haha. I'm really trying not to look stuff up because I think it would be even more torturous. Can't wait until next week!

These comments remind me of when I took it in July. The test was very difficult and there were questions that I laughed out loud to in the exam room because they were ridiculous. I passed with plenty of room to spare. Good luck!

These comments remind me of when I took it in July. The test was very difficult and there were questions that I laughed out loud to in the exam room because they were ridiculous. I passed with plenty of room to spare. Good luck!

There was one question that was pretty funny. I imagined one of the answers taking place, and I almost cracked up.

Hi frends,
1st time poster
this is my 2nd take. 1st time i took in october 2014 n due to some reasons couldnt get back. i prepared alot for this exam. took 2 months off from my job. T ed Score was 72%/71/70%, PEAT was 86%. but wat is feel in exam was totally terrible, 1st 4 sects were OK but the fifth one was so lengthy that i finalized last question in last 15 sec of exam. i came out of center with scary feelings, that was super tough exam and unexpected. there should be a small percentage of tricky questions, but in this exam i hardly find any simple questions. but still hoping and trusting in GOD

Reactions: 1 users
I walked out of the test and just sat in my car and cried. I think I'm more nervous to find out the results than I was for the actual test.

Hi m new in this forum.. yeah i agreed the exam was harder as compared to PEAT .. i was also so nervous and cldnt sleep the night after exam.. just crossing my fingers..
and btw i just check in fsbpt website it says "results received"... . Anybody else have the same status? M sooooo nervous..

Hi m new in this forum.. yeah i agreed the exam was harder as compared to PEAT .. i was also so nervous and cldnt sleep the night after exam.. just crossing my fingers..
and btw i just check in fsbpt website it says "results received"... . Anybody else have the same status? M sooooo nervous..

Just checked the fsbpt site, but the "results received" hasn't been checked.

Does anyone else have the status "eligibility expired"?

Online Registration (PT 10/27/2016) For NEW YORK
Request Date:
09/08/2016
Transaction:
2016-251-0523
Current Status:
Eligibility Expired
Status Date:
09/12/2016

Does anyone else have the status "eligibility expired"?

Online Registration (PT 10/27/2016) For NEW YORK
Request Date:
09/08/2016
Transaction:
2016-251-0523
Current Status:
Eligibility Expired
Status Date:
09/12/2016
Yes, it will say eligibility expired until they post pass/fail.

Hi, what website are you all checking? The Peat? Please send me the link. I sat for the oct 27, and I came out in tears. When exactly do we expect the results? Thank you.

Hi, what website are you all checking? The Peat? Please send me the link. I sat for the oct 27, and I came out in tears. When exactly do we expect the results? Thank you.

The fsbpt website under status of my request

https://pt.fsbpt.net/account/login
Based on past threads, it seems to take about 6-7 days after the exam, so I think the results might start posting Wednesday evening and into Thursday.

Is anyone else completely second guessing themselves on this last exam? I keep recalling silly questions that I know I messed up on and its eating me up.

Is anyone else completely second guessing themselves on this last exam? I keep recalling silly questions that I know I messed up on and its eating me up.

Yes lol. There are at least 4 "easy" questions I know I missed that's ruining my current mood. Hopefully you (we) got enough difficult questions correct for balance.

yeah. totally agree. Praying for a scale score that goes in our favor

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all,

Stay positive! I know that I made some dumb mistakes as well.. it sucks second guessing and not knowing how we did, but we just gotta keep our heads up. I paid last time to find out early (7 business days after) but I don't think I am paying this time around. So much money we have given to them already, I don't think it's worth it. I will keep everyone in my thoughts!!

What ??????????? there is nothing in mine

Hey all,

Stay positive! I know that I made some dumb mistakes as well.. it sucks second guessing and not knowing how we did, but we just gotta keep our heads up. I paid last time to find out early (7 business days after) but I don't think I am paying this time around. So much money we have given to them already, I don't think it's worth it. I will keep everyone in my thoughts!!

Did you pay to receive your pass/fail early? Or just areas you were weaker on?

I paid to find out early, and when I found out I failed I paid for the whole score report. The score report was definitely worth it since I had to take exam again. Paying early to find out didn't really seem worth it (maybe if I passed I would feel differently). This time, I think I'll wait the extra 3 days to save $90

I paid to find out early, and when I found out I failed I paid for the whole score report. The score report was definitely worth it since I had to take exam again. Paying early to find out didn't really seem worth it (maybe if I passed I would feel differently). This time, I think I'll wait the extra 3 days to save $90

I didnt even know that was an option, I thought you had to wait the 5 business days...