Northwestern c/o 2009!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I am going to Lake Geneva. Sounds like fun.

Members don't see this ad.

The closer it gets to my moving date, the more dramatic my parents get. Apart from my parents driving me crazy, I filled out all the info and am set to meet everyone who's going to Lake Geneva as well.

Out of curiousity, is anyone else nervous about coming to Chicago? I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have any ties to the city (no family in the area, don't really know anyone at NU, and don't really know anyone in our class). I feel like I felt before I started high school (what if no one likes me?! :laugh:)

Hey Electrophys,

I also have no previous ties to Chicago. Strangely enough, that fact doesn't faze me at all (yet...). I'm hoping that the rigors of school and the task becoming acquainted with our new city will turn us 09ers into a close knit group before long. Failing that, at least the dissolute nights of O-week and Lake Geneva should help establish who our new drinking buddies will be for the next four years...

Members don't see this ad :)
derzornhistolog said:
Hey Electrophys,

I also have no previous ties to Chicago. Strangely enough, that fact doesn't faze me at all (yet...). I'm hoping that the rigors of school and the task becoming acquainted with our new city will turn us 09ers into a close knit group before long. Failing that, at least the dissolute nights of O-week and Lake Geneva should help establish who our new drinking buddies will be for the next four years...

Well put :laugh:

I will second that, and bump this thread up.

just received 239 on step I, does anyone know if this score is competitive for northwestern's programs such as emergency, ortho and ENT

just received 239 on step I, does anyone know if this score is competitive for northwestern's programs such as emergency, ortho and ENT?

Sorry man, I know nothing about the USMLE processes yet. But, for all those who are incoming, who is here in Chicago? I just moved into Lake Shore Plaza. Right now, I am getting set up and doing stuff like that. Coffeegirl, looking forward to meeting you Saturday, IM me or email me if you need any help.

Is there a definitive booklist? Are we to select books based on the book review page on infoplex? Any answers would contribute greatly to my quality of life. Thanks.

Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine Sesquicentennial Class (2009)

Hey everybody,

I figure that we should get to planning a get-together before everybody gets too bogged down with plans and preparation

It'd be fun for us SDNers to meet pre-orientation, and I'm just dying to christen my new apartment with a party...

So how does Saturday August the 20th work for everybody? I figure we could meet at like 8 or 9 at my place and have some drinks. And, if we decide, we could check out some of the clubs/lounges in my neighborhood after we've had enough.

My place is in the west loop/fulton market district (lots of cool clubs)
910 W. Lake St., Loft 2B
(ask me if you need directions or use transitchicago.com)

So what do you think? I'm not sure how many people would be interested, so give me a post or contact me, [email protected], AIM:hungover:avidbpage, cell:773-805-7001.

As long as it doesn't get too crazy (my place is nice but not terrribly huge), it'd also be cool for you to extend the invitation to other friends/future NU classmates. (again, email or IM me).

Also I'm up for hanging out before the 20th ;)