Non-trad WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pookie-bear

Reaction score
Date of submission: Submitted in June, received official DAT score August 15
Overall GPA: 3.45
Science GPA: 3.38
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.41
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 26 AA / 25 TS / 26 OChem / 24 GChem / 25 Bio / 28 RC / 26 QR / 25 PAT
State of Residence: California

Undergrad Attended: University of Florida (graduated in 2014)
Major: Business Admin.
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad?
Yes

Shadowing Experience:100 + / 3 generals, 1 ortho
Volunteering Experience: 1000+ dating back to college, boys and girls club, feed america, Shepherd's Hope Clinic
Employment: Spent the last five years teaching math and history at a school for gifted but challenged students (autism, drug addiction, etc.)
Research: Neurological Deep Brain Stimulation Research back in college, 3 published papers
Other Extracuriculars:
Relevant Honors or Awards:
LOR type and strength: 2 letters from employers at my school (principal and adminstrator, 1 letter from dentist... currently starting a masters program so hopefully a letter from them in a month or two)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Am concerned they won't think I'm committed enough compared to other students, only have shadowing and dental experiences from a year or two, and was pre-med in college
School list:
UF, Nova, Lecom, NYU, BU, Temple, Penn, Harvard, Columbia, UT, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: Submitted in June, received official DAT score August 15
Overall GPA: 3.45
Science GPA: 3.38
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.41
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 26 AA / 25 TS / 26 OChem / 24 GChem / 25 Bio / 28 RC / 26 QR / 25 PAT
State of Residence: California

Undergrad Attended: University of Florida (graduated in 2014)
Major: Business Admin.
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad?
Yes
UF- mostly take IS students
UT (if texas) and texas A&M- all but a couple are IS students
penn, harvard, columbia- expensive, competitive ivies
UCLA- probably the best chance of your reach schools here
NYU, U$C, BU- expensive, high class size schools
NOVA, LECOM- only slightly cheaper

that said, your DAT is bonkers
plus the fact that you are non-traditional and have a lot of research, you could get more interviews and acceptances than your gpa would get you normally
i would've recommended a different school list, but i suspect you will get some interviews if you have a good personal statement
trust the process...

UF- mostly take IS students
UT (if texas) and texas A&M- all but a couple are IS students
penn, harvard, columbia- expensive, competitive ivies
UCLA- probably the best chance of your reach schools here
NYU, U$C, BU- expensive, high class size schools
NOVA, LECOM- only slightly cheaper

that said, your DAT is bonkers
plus the fact that you are non-traditional and have a lot of research, you could get more interviews and acceptances than your gpa would get you normally
i would've recommended a different school list, but i suspect you will get some interviews if you have a good personal statement
trust the process...
Thanks for the reply.

What schools would you recommend? If it's not too late I'm definitely game to look into them. At the very least to learn more about what's out there.

Thanks for the reply.

What schools would you recommend? If it's not too late I'm definitely game to look into them. At the very least to learn more about what's out there.
i recommend you do your own research
there are free guides on this website and on the internet that breakdown all the schools and what their costs//positives/negatives
look on the main predental page and in artist2022 signature line and do a google search (adea guide is another resource)

Reactions: 1 user