Other need help with my next step after college!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tr550210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will soon be receiving a biology degree with a minor in chemistry. I plan on going to DO school eventually but first I would like to take a few years off, earn as much money as possible during that span, and get some experience under my belt. My top choices in the job market are EKG technician, MRI technician, radiology technician, or a licensed practical nurse (LPN). I know all of them require certifications and some training programs, but I also know with a biology degree I will be able to take an accelerated course in many cases. So basically my questions are:

1) what my next step should be
2) What are the quickest/most efficient way to receive a certification/necessary training for each of the positions above?

Also if you would recommend taking another path instead of the ones listed above that would also be nice! I know this is a lot to ask but it would be very appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I did what you're planning on doing (except I went to an Allopathic school) and trust me, I regret waiting.