MMI didn't go so well. Do I still have a chance of getting accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applejuice01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There were 5 stations, each for 8 minutes. I think I did well on 4 out of 5. In one of them, I was given a scenario.

The scenario was that I was the only person who knew that this kid in class cheated. The teacher was suspicious and anyone who can provide evidence will be rewarded extra credit. It was also given that I was failing the class and the extra credit was necessary for me to pass the class. And if the cheaters aren't caught, the whole class will have to retake the test. First, I slowly approached the question by saying that "any types of rewards don't matter but what matters is honesty. Regardless of how many reasons you have to justify a wrongdoing, it won't be justifiable. Therefore, I will have to report to the teacher." After I said that I immediately realized how bad my answers sounded. I should have approached the kid first and asked him what was wrong. Then the interviewer repeated the question once again, this time it was my best friend that cheated. So then I said "If it was my best friend I would reach out to her and warn her to not do it again as it is not beneficial for her if she gets caught." So then the interviewer summarized my answer as "You would only not tell/snitch if it's your best friend."

I realized that I didn't show any empathy for the random kid that cheated by talking to him/her first. Instead, I said I would tell the teacher. So pretty much I failed this question right? I think I did well for the other questions in this station and in other stations.

I think I've lost my chances to get accepted. Is there anyone who did terrible on one of their stations in the MMI and still got accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard they drop your lowest and highest score of the MMI and then average the rest of the scores. So if you did bad on one it should be fine.

There were 5 stations, each for 8 minutes. I think I did well on 4 out of 5. In one of them, I was given a scenario.

The scenario was that I was the only person who knew that this kid in class cheated. The teacher was suspicious and anyone who can provide evidence will be rewarded extra credit. It was also given that I was failing the class and the extra credit was necessary for me to pass the class. And if the cheaters aren't caught, the whole class will have to retake the test. First, I slowly approached the question by saying that "any types of rewards don't matter but what matters is honesty. Regardless of how many reasons you have to justify a wrongdoing, it won't be justifiable. Therefore, I will have to report to the teacher." After I said that I immediately realized how bad my answers sounded. I should have approached the kid first and asked him what was wrong. Then the interviewer repeated the question once again, this time it was my best friend that cheated. So then I said "If it was my best friend I would reach out to her and warn her to not do it again as it is not beneficial for her if she gets caught." So then the interviewer summarized my answer as "You would only not tell/snitch if it's your best friend."

I realized that I didn't show any empathy for the random kid that cheated by talking to him/her first. Instead, I said I would tell the teacher. So pretty much I failed this question right? I think I did well for the other questions in this station and in other stations.

I think I've lost my chances to get accepted. Is there anyone who did terrible on one of their stations in the MMI and still got accepted?
What would approaching the kid first do anyways? You gonna tell him I’m snitching on you or if he doesn’t turn himself in your telling? Anyways it sounds like an easy one to mess up when nervous.