Missed PREview Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AveragePerson.Psych

Reaction score
Before my exam, my laptop started having technical difficulties and I went through two proctors that tried to properly set up the exam, but my connection worsened and they rebooted my laptop from their end. However, ny the time it was rebooted, I had missed the exam. The proctor placed me with tech support and then assigned me to someone at the help desk. I wasn't able to take the exam as planned today.

Once I reschedule, will the missed PREview be on my record and if so, what message does that send to medical schools?

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

what? There's Another exam now? I thought CASPER was bad enough. So you guys gotta take
MCAT, CASPER, "preview"....on top of research, volunteering, and high gpa?

Wtf is this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Be thankful the Snapshot test is not required for any medical school this cycle, though it was last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Before my exam, my laptop started having technical difficulties and I went through two proctors that tried to properly set up the exam, but my connection worsened and they rebooted my laptop from their end. However, ny the time it was rebooted, I had missed the exam. The proctor placed me with tech support and then assigned me to someone at the help desk. I wasn't able to take the exam as planned today.

Once I reschedule, will the missed PREview be on my record and if so, what message does that send to medical schools?

Thank you all.
There are only 7 US MD schools requiring the PREview this year.

Maybe you could leave those off your list

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you all.
Submit a testing support ticket through both the AAMC and the ProctorU vendor and attach any documentation you can. They should allow you to reschedule without penalty for August. I also had issues during my exam and had to call ProctorU to reschedule, albeit for the last July exam. The missed exam doesn't seem like it will be transmitted to any schools as far as AAMC's communication/verbiage on the void exam page is concerned.

Reactions: 2 users