Military ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxAnn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are a new HPSP student, is there anyway to get a Military ID so that you can get off/on base? I know I can't get a CAC card, but isn't there some other ID you can get so that you can access the bases? Any help would be great here.

Members don't see this ad.

Take your commissioning paperwork to any military base and those will get you on base. Go to the Pass and ID section and with your paperwork you can get a military ID.

yeah you can get one. I went after training and got that green library card looking thing. It's no CAC card..but it'll get you on any base

Members don't see this ad :)
Call any reserve/guard unit and they can direct you to an ID card issueing agency. In Cleveland for instance the federal building has an ID card section that is actually run by the coast guard that will issue military ID cards for any branch with the proper paper work.

It's worth getting an ID if you live near a base because you can take advantage of some of the benefits bases offer. You also should receive a commisary card, which you can use 6 or twelve times a year ( I can't remember which). I was always sent the card in the mail, but I can't remember who it came from. You can also shop at the post exchange, kind of like a small Walmart. The prices aren't always the best there, but you never pay sales tax.

For those that don't know the commisary is a non-profit grocery store located on pretty much every base. The have pretty cheap prices on food. Some stuff is about the same prices as Costco, but you don't have to buy in bulk. Meat is pretty cheap there too.

Thanks for the correction.

Wow, IRR too! That'll make my wife happy when I get off active duty. The commisary is the only thing she likes about the military.