M3 looking at anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss

Damnit Jim!
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm ultimately looking into Pain since I have spent time in the field and done research. I've rotated through PM&R and did not get the feeling that field was for me. I've been reluctant with anesthesia because the field has been fluctuating so much in the past decade. Any trends you guys seeing with competitiveness - increasing or decreasing? Total # of applicants seems to have hit bottom or maybe not? What impresses residency directors for this field? Anyone visit programs in the west (excluding CA)? Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

geez, 63 views and no response. Well I browsed a few posts and I am surprised at how competitve the field has become in a matter of a year. Very disheartening. Well, I was just curious what the interviewees had focused on doing prior to ERAS - other than the obvious like doing rotations in the field at your top choices. It's a tough field to get your feet wet in around here.