Loma Linda v. Jefferson v. BostonU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really like Boston but it's also the mot expensive at 46k/year. Loma linda is about 10k cheaper at 36k, but the religious atmosphere and its rules kinda turn me off...i don't know if I will like it there. Jefferson is also good is only slightly cheaper than boston at around 43k/year. Although I think in term of the city and safety, boston would be better than philly, but i'm not really sure.

what do you guys think is best and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I'd pick Loma Linda. I doubt you have to worry about whether or not you'll be happy there. They place such a high emphasis on lifestyle/values, they wouldn't have accepted you if you weren't a good fit for the school. Secondly, you'll save $40K in tuition by the time you graduate...

What can $40K buy? :cool:
-BMW 3 series, 14 Gibson Les Paul Guitars, Near lifetime supply of clothes... a start on house down payment or savings/investment account if you're into boring stuff like that.

Don't go to loma linda. 40K isn't THAT much on a doctor's salary

Jefferson actually sent out a letter today saying that they are increasing their tuition by 3.5 %, so it's now over $44 K from what I remember...so for me it really doesn't matter $44K or $46K...I'm also kind of deciding between BU and Jeff...although I have a bunch of other acceptances...like SUNYs with their ridiculously low tuition...half of what I have to pay to a private school...I just have such a hard time making a decision...hope attending a couple of second looks will help...

Status
Not open for further replies.