Loma Linda University 2010-2011 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should I call her? She said to not to during the interview and that we should wait...so I wasn't sure...
well I emailed her the 2nd week of january she said i might not hear until likely late February but i heard from them on the 24th so idk. But i think you could call them to ask anyway. It wouldn't hurt. just one phone call.

Members don't see this ad.

well I emailed her the 2nd week of january she said i might not hear until likely late February but i heard from them on the 24th so idk. But i think you could call them to ask anyway. It wouldn't hurt. just one phone call.

I know...but I don't want to bother her like that since she told us last time to wait until the end of January or early Feb to hear back from them...so I think I will wait till next Monday since it is the "end" of Jan...and then call her if I don't hear a response from them.

Folks, relax. Calling, emailing, and worrying won't make your chance of getting in any better :D Just enjoy life and have a backup plan. I know it's easier said than done

Members don't see this ad :)
I know...but I don't want to bother her like that since she told us last time to wait until the end of January or early Feb to hear back from them...so I think I will wait till next Monday since it is the "end" of Jan...and then call her if I don't hear a response from them.

There's no use calling them. They'll give you a bunch of general information and tell you to wait. I was actually very upset because my interview was even before Thanksgiving and still no news. So I called to asked why people interviewed way later than me (a month later) had already got the response while I haven't. The lady said they don't necessarily review the files in the timing order of the interviews and the order in which they're reviewing is an internal process that she won't reveal. I said then just give me a time line of when I should expect to hear from the school. She said she has no clue, could be this month, could be next month :mad:. I wish they knew how it feel to wait such a long time.

There's no use calling them. They'll give you a bunch of general information and tell you to wait. I was actually very upset because my interview was even before Thanksgiving and still no news. So I called to asked why people interviewed way later than me (a month later) had already got the response while I haven't. The lady said they don't necessarily review the files in the timing order of the interviews and the order in which they're reviewing is an internal process that she won't reveal. I said then just give me a time line of when I should expect to hear from the school. She said she has no clue, could be this month, could be next month :mad:. I wish they knew how it feel to wait such a long time.
=[ very sorry to hear your experience with admissions. However, I can say that I've experience the best service and help from them as possible I think. I had to go through a lot of course checking and making sure it fulfilled their requirements and I can say that they did their best to help me through the process. I do hope that you hear from them soon ImtpharmD. Just hang in there!

For all those who have been accepted and those who will be accepted. I think that we should make a facebook page from LLU SP Class of 2015, so that we can get to know each other before school, possibly arrange housing, etc. I will look to see if there is already one but if there isn't I'll make one today.

Anyone interested in joining?

any new acceptance/rejection anyone? I'd like to hear from you, so please update your status! thanks

I would join your facebook group, but I'm avoiding facebook like plague....don't think I can handle one more thing to get addicted to in my life :boom:

I would join your facebook group, but I'm avoiding facebook like plague....don't think I can handle one more thing to get addicted to in my life :boom:
haha that's understandable. it is quite addictive. No one has even wrote on the wall of the group yet... it's so sad =[

hi everyone :)

anyone know when the next interview sessions are?? im nervous lol

my fall transcripts for the update were sent in a lil later then planned so my file is a little behind probably compared to alot of other people's... :/

i wish you all luck though! if anyone hears of future interview dates please let us know :)

I know someone is interviewing on feb 21st.

Hi Everyone,
Has someone interview at Loma Linda Uni for Pharmacy for Fall 2011? I had an interview on Nov 29 2010. I don't hear any new from them yet. Does anyone know about that?
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,
Has someone interview at Loma Linda Uni for Pharmacy for Fall 2011? I had an interview on Nov 29 2010. I don't hear any new from them yet. Does anyone know about that?
thanks

wow, I thought I'm the only one. Mine was Nov 23 and guess what? still no news!!! surprised!!! one more week and it'll be 3 months wait. The wait has been so ridiculously long that I decided to just forget about it, I don't care anymore.

Hope you'll hear from them soon, good luck myatkay29!

wow, I thought I'm the only one. Mine was Nov 23 and guess what? still no news!!! surprised!!! one more week and it'll be 3 months wait. The wait has been so ridiculously long that I decided to just forget about it, I don't care anymore.

wow...I'm waiting to hear from my Dec 23 interview. They told me I would hear from them mid to late February...I hope they don't extend that wait period...

I finally got accepted!!! :soexcited: After 2 months and 3 wks wait, Cindy called me this afternoon and offered an acceptance. To all who is still waiting, don't lose hope yet. Long wait doesnt mean denial.

LLU class of 2015, here I come! :love:

I finally got accepted!!! :soexcited: After 2 months and 3 wks wait, Cindy called me this afternoon and offered an acceptance. To all who is still waiting, don't lose hope yet. Long wait doesnt mean denial.

LLU class of 2015, here I come! :love:

I got the call too! WOO HOO!!!

Good Luck to you too.......

I can't wait for school to start so I can practice giving shots to all of you!!! muahahahah:rofl::boom:

I can't wait for school to start so I can practice giving shots to all of you!!! muahahahah:rofl::boom:

What type of Shot???? I am curious and I can't for the mutual shots!!!!

What type of Shot???? I am curious and I can't for the mutual shots!!!!

I don't get what you mean by the "can't for the mutual shots" but we have to immunize people as pharmacists these days. So we will practice giving each other shots such as the flu shot. though the ones we practice with will certainly be placebos.

I don't get what you mean by the "can't for the mutual shots" but we have to immunize people as pharmacists these days. So we will practice giving each other shots such as the flu shot. though the ones we practice with will certainly be placebos.

I got your point!!!

Anyone heard anything new from Loma Linda?

I haven't heard from LLU either.

I'm bored :poke:

Just got a call. I am going to call back tomorrow

I'm bored :poke:

good that you are bored and not stressed out like us waiting to hear back from the admissions:(

Well I'm happy to say that I've been accepted to the Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy, Class of 2015!! Sorry to hear from others that haven't received word from LLU yet. I'm sure they'll contact you soon! Don't give up hope yet.

As mentioned earlier by apex8, all who've been accepted should join the facebook group so we can contact each other for housing info, etc..

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was just wondering for the people that are getting acceptances, could you all let us know when you had interviews so people can have an idea of which month's applicants they are interviewing.......

lol...sorry I mean reviewing and making decisions...:laugh:
Interviewed Dec 21. Accepted near end of January I believe. If you look through my posts you'll find the exact date.

Hey guys, I was just wondering for the people that are getting acceptances, could you all let us know when you had interviews so people can have an idea of which month's applicants they are interviewing.......

Interviewed around February 4th, Accepted March 7th.

interviewed 2/14, accepted today 3/14!

i'm attending this school for sure.. looking forward to meeting you all!!

Interviewed 2/15, got my call yesterday that I have been accepted to LLU. Still waiting to hear back from two other schools before I accept.

interviewed 2/14, accepted today 3/14!

i'm attending this school for sure.. looking forward to meeting you all!!

Great to hear rubikk! Looking forward to seeing you as well!

I interviewed Nov. 17 and still have not heard anything. Anyone else in the position?

Anyone who is an international student applied late (like early Nov.) but still got accepted?

Is the school still calling students for interview?

Just got accepted to UCSF and not excited about it:shrug:

because I know I'll be far happier in loma linda, but my brain keeps telling me to go to UCSF

because I know I'll be far happier in loma linda, but my brain keeps telling me to go to UCSF

Tough decision, I know
well both schools are excellent. I'm sure you'll be happy in any of them:)

I was in the same position and feeling the same thing. My brain kept saying UCSF because all my friends were saying it was #1 and all that but my heart, family, and thinking about 4 years at a school I wouldn't feel comfortable helped me solidify my choice. But luckily I got rejected from UCSF after the interview so I don't have to make that tough decision. If I were to choose, I would go based on where would you feel most comfortable the next 4 years of your life. It is a big decision because you don't want to be at a school where you have no desire to be. UCSF is the number one school that has a great program but in the end we all get the PharmD degree. Hope this helps! :)

ACCEPTED! My application was complete on Sept 30th. Received a phone call on Oct 11th to schedule interview. Interviewed on Nov 1st, and got a call for acceptance on Dec 14th. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this school, and it is my first preference. Will be interviewing at UCSF SOP on Feb 10th...my backup school :D

That's it...two schools only :zip:

Congrats! I'm curious, what were your stats? I am applying this year and am super nervous. I want to see where I stand as far as competitiveness. Any advice? My school of choice is UCSF!

Hey Everyone!

Has anyone searched for housing yet or received their financial aid award yet?

I haven't heard from either as of today....

Also wanted to give a big shout out to the awesome Loma Linda University Pharmacy Class 2015! Bumping up this thread....:D