Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda 2020-2021 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linaot

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I have been following this forum for a while now but I’ve decided to finally create my own thread! Is anyone applying to Loma Linda University this upcoming cycle (2020-2021) for their MOT program?
I just submitted my supplemental application and now I’m just waiting to hopefully hear back for an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!!
I have been following this forum for a while now but I’ve decided to finally create my own thread! Is anyone applying to Loma Linda University this upcoming cycle (2020-2021) for their MOT program?
I just submitted my supplemental application and now I’m just waiting to hopefully hear back for an interview!

Hi, I applied to Loma Linda this year! I received an invitation to interview yesterday!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone!!
I'm applying this year! I submitted my application two days ago. How long did it take for them to send you the supplemental application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I applied to Loma Linda this year! I received an invitation to interview yesterday!
That's awesome! What's the timeline of when you submitted your application, received the supplemental application, and then getting invited to interview if you don't mind me asking?

That's awesome! What's the timeline of when you submitted your application, received the supplemental application, and then getting invited to interview if you don't mind me asking?

I sent in my application on Aug. 14th and it was verified on the 17th. I received the supplemental application on the Aug. 18th and sent it in on the 20th. The interview invite was sent to me yesterday on Sept. 17th!

I sent in my application on Aug. 14th and it was verified on the 17th. I received the supplemental application on the Aug. 18th and sent it in on the 20th. The interview invite was sent to me yesterday on Sept. 17th!
Thank you! I'm still waiting for the supplemental application. Gooduck!!

AHHH omg when did you submit your OTCAS applications and the supplemental application? I am SO nervous and I am desperately checking my email every 10 minutes ahah.

oops jk, you already answered this! When is your interview?! ps CONGRATS! Is LLU your top choice?

I'm applying this year! I submitted my application two days ago. How long did it take for them to send you the supplemental application?
It took a week for them to send me the supplemental application!

Thanks haha my interview is on Sept. 28th. Yes it's my top choice!
Hi, I have my interview on sep 28 too. I'm wondering how you are preparing the interview. Also, do you know how the interview is going to be like? Sorry this is a lot of questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have my interview on sep 28 too. I'm wondering how you are preparing the interview. Also, do you know how the interview is going to be like? Sorry this is a lot of questions.

Hi!! I have no clue what the interview will be like apart from it being on zoom since this is my first one. I have just been prepping myself with potential questions they might ask. What about you?

Hi!! I have no clue what the interview will be like apart from it being on zoom since this is my first one. I have just been prepping myself with potential questions they might ask. What about you?
I am wondering if they are doing the same thing as last year. I heard there are two students with a few professors in the zoom call last year. But in the invitation it seems like it is only a video recording. That is why I am confused. I am just prepping with some questions too and I am nervous

I am wondering if they are doing the same thing as last year. I heard there are two students with a few professors in the zoom call last year. But in the invitation it seems like it is only a video recording. That is why I am confused. I am just prepping with some questions too and I am nervous

Yeah I'm not sure. I read different things from the previous year. I'm pretty nervous as well.

Ahhh that is SO exciting! Please let us know how it goes & any tips or advice for the interview!

I think the interview went well! I would just practice basic questions OT schools might ask you. Hope you got an interview!

Reactions: 1 users
I think the interview went well! I would just practice basic questions OT schools might ask you. Hope you got an interview!
I GOT AN INTERVIEW!! It is for this Friday, the 2nd! I feel like I don’t have any tome to prepare though! I am slightly freaking out. Did you have a group interview? Or was it just you by yourself?!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!! It is for this Friday, the 2nd! I feel like I don’t have any tome to prepare though! I am slightly freaking out. Did you have a group interview? Or was it just you by yourself?!

Congrats, you'll do great! It was just me by myself.

Hey guys! How do you think your interview went? Have you heard anything about a decision?? Did the interviewer tell you anything?

Hey guys! How do you think your interview went? Have you heard anything about a decision?? Did the interviewer tell you anything?
My interviewer said we'll hear back about decisions as early as December. What about you?

My interviewer said we'll hear back about decisions as early as December. What about you?
She didn’t tell me anything! She said she didn’t know the timeline so I should ask admissions ):

She didn’t tell me anything! She said she didn’t know the timeline so I should ask admissions ):
hmm yeah I'm not sure. The interviewer told me December but then the email inviting me to interview said February.

My interviewer said the first round should start November 1 and they will send out acceptance until Feb.

My interviewer said the first round should start November 1 and they will send out acceptance until Feb.
AHHHHH. Hopefully we all hear back with GOOD news!!! ✨✨

• Care
Hey guys! When you had your interview, were you guys able to ask questions? Or did they cut it off when you were done answering the questions?

Hey guys! When you had your interview, were you guys able to ask questions? Or did they cut it off when you were done answering the questions?
I had my interview on sep 28. Yes, at the end of the interview, she let me ask questions.

I had my interview on sep 28. Yes, at the end of the interview, she let me ask questions.
Okay. I’m kind of worried then. After the questions were done, she just told me that she didn’t know when admissions decisions would be sent out. But she didn’t let me ask any questions. ): I am super worried now

Okay. I’m kind of worried then. After the questions were done, she just told me that she didn’t know when admissions decisions would be sent out. But she didn’t let me ask any questions. ): I am super worried now
Did you take up the full 20 minutes?

Has anybody heard back from Loma Linda recently?

Has anybody heard back from Loma Linda recently?
NO! I was literally just about to make a comment on whether anyone has heard back also. I’m really hoping we hear back soon. The wait is killing me!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm wondering if people are still getting interview invites? I'm still waiting on mine...

I'm wondering if people are still getting interview invites? I'm still waiting on mine...
You haven’t gotten an interview invite yet? When did you submit your application?

I submitted my supplemental application on October 6 :(
Oh okay, I’m sure you’ll be hearing back soon then!! I don’t think they are done interviewing because they said the timeline for decisions was anywhere from November- February!

• Care
Oh man I have my interview in 2 hours and I am nervous!

I got an email to interview next week! I'm so nervous! Can somebody tell me how the interview is formatted??

I got an email to interview next week! I'm so nervous! Can somebody tell me how the interview is formatted??
For my interview she just introduced herself and started asking a set of questions. At the end she let me ask her questions as well.

Has anyone heard back from Loma Linda regarding the first round of acceptances?

For those who did the Zoom interview already, did you guys look back at the camera or the interviewer when answering the questions?

For those who did the Zoom interview already, did you guys look back at the camera or the interviewer when answering the questions?
For myself personally, I got so caught up in answering the questions that I’d look away, but then I always ended up looking back at the interviewer. Or I would occasionally look at her while answering

I think I mostly look at her when I answer so it seems like we are having a actual conversation