Loan Repayment after Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCU07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been asked, but for the NHS loan repayment after residency, do they specifically place you or do you have the option of finding your own site? Also, what is they pay scale for these types of sites? I know they must be equivalent, but does that correlate equivalence to public health jobs? Finally, is there a possibility to do more than 2 yrs?

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize if this has already been asked, but for the NHS loan repayment after residency, do they specifically place you or do you have the option of finding your own site?

You have the option of attempting to find your own site. If you're not successful, they will just place you.

Also, what is they pay scale for these types of sites?

The sites set their own salaries/pay scales. They're supposed to be competitive to other sites in the region, but there's no promise of that.

Finally, is there a possibility to do more than 2 yrs?

Yes. The amount that they repay goes down for each additional year that you stay in the program, though.