2016 NHSC loan repayment cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go to your portal, click on the link to your contract, and scroll down to the 3rd page.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, mine just has a notification about when I signed it. Does yours have something about the secretary? Technically the contract says it's effective when the secretary signs. So I think you should be good.

There is an electronic signature below mine, last name King, title: "OFAM Approver, HRSA". It was countersigned about 12 days after I submitted it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright... I got the official acceptance email this evening. My start date is listed as 9/6, which is the date my contract was countersigned. Yay, and good luck to everybody that's riding this rollercoaster.

Just looked. No sig for me, but I'm 12 days out now from signing. So I'm crossing my fingers. It gets more nerve wracking the closer I get to Sep 30.

And that's a wrap! Just got the confirmation email today that I had received the loan repayment award.

So in summary for future Scholar to LRP applicants who may be looking for some information:
- You won't get finalist status or offered an award until you complete your scholarship obligation
- When you finish your scholarship obligation and you and your site finish the verification, a day or two later you will get closed out and get a completion notification on your account, then your LRP application status is internally marked "Recommended for award"
- You then get a finalist email and after signing your contract, you can monitor to see when it gets countersigned below your signature
- A few days to a week or so after getting countersigned, you'll receive confirmation you received the award
- You can receive the award (at least as a scholar transitioning) even if you check the boxes in the application that you won't be done with your obligation by the time you submit your application (just have to be done by Sep 30), and even if you indicate that you don't plan to stay at your site after the award. I was worried that I was disqualifying myself by answering these accurately (I may stay after 2 years, however at the time I was leaning against), but I still received the award.

Anyway, thanks Blacklisted and Simpler2. Congrats! Best of wishes to everyone else applying!

Any of you guys gotten your disbursement yet? Under financial information in the BHW Portal it says my 50k was processed, but nothing in my bank. I'm hoping I put the right bank info in there!

No disbursement for me either yet. Contract start date was 9/6/16. The 90 days is almost up...hopefully we get it by next Tuesday as promised!

No disbursement for me either yet. Contract start date was 9/6/16. The 90 days is almost up...hopefully we get it by next Tuesday as promised!
Does yours say "Processed" though under Financial Information?

So, I called NHSC today to confirm that my loan repayment money wasn't sitting in someone else's account. The representative told me that "Processed" means "processing," and "Paid" means the funds should be in our account.

Everyone with my organization who received loan repayment this year and the past several has noted that money is dispersed 90 days from start of service date. No payments were received prior to this date (about 8 people surveyed).

Confirmed. My disbursement was 90 days exactly. Thanks guys, and congrats!