LMU-DCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well MedWife, if im there and you guys are also...ill babysit the kiddo while you'll get situated!:) as long as he/she doesn't bite...i get bit to much at work!:oops:

lol... she doesn't bite, but she might try and gum you. She's only 5 months old :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone still holding out, the wait list is moving, I just had two friends accepted from it at the end of last week. Send those letters of intent, make those phone calls, etc. if you haven't already!

WOah that's great to hear!! Did your two friends keep calling and did they send in LOI's?? It's just funny because I just emailed them and they said there was no movement last weak....woah....that is weird...:rolleyes:

WOah that's great to hear!! Did your two friends keep calling and did they send in LOI's?? It's just funny because I just emailed them and they said there was no movement last weak....woah....that is weird...:rolleyes:

If they got their letters/phone calls last week, it could have been due to decisions made the week before.

Ok! I'm excited for all who get in, but every time I see someone got in and my husband didn't I get crazy anxious. I need to stop looking at this site so I don't give myself a heart attack, but I can't. I'm a DCOM discussion board crack baby!

To anybody that got in off the waitlist is there anything you did other then a LOI that might have helped you move off the waitlist?

Congrats to all going to DCOM. I live just across the border in KY. DCOM has wonderful facilities and is a great location. The scenery is beautiful. You will enjoy the area. Good luck!

This isn't my year:( getting my app ready for this cycle. Good luck to everyone else waiting to get pulled off. I am thankful that I atleast got on the alternate list. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't my year:( getting my app ready for this cycle. Good luck to everyone else waiting to get pulled off. I am thankful that I atleast got on the alternate list. Good luck everyone!

Just so you know there were people last year who got pulled off the alternate list all the way up until when classes started! So don't give up, but you are on the right track with getting your app ready for the next cycle too just in case, good luck!

ive heard that verizon works great but does t-moblie work too? i want to get t-mobile but i dont want to get a company that doesnt work in harrogate.:oops:

ive heard that verizon works great but does t-moblie work too? i want to get t-mobile but i dont want to get a company that doesnt work in harrogate.:oops:
I've heard Verizon works the best, and ATT works fairly well, but not as wel as Verizon. Don't remember anyone saying anything about T-Mobile. They also said nothing works at the University Inn Apartments, haha.

I've heard Verizon works the best, and ATT works fairly well, but not as wel as Verizon. Don't remember anyone saying anything about T-Mobile. They also said nothing works at the University Inn Apartments, haha.

thank you irishfan...i guess ill be getting verizon...i just wanted to try to save a few dollars but i want something that will work:oops: i wish my phone company worked in tn...but it doesnt...its a cheap company:oops: ha

thank you irishfan...i guess ill be getting verizon...i just wanted to try to save a few dollars but i want something that will work:oops: i wish my phone company worked in tn...but it doesnt...its a cheap company:oops: ha

AT&T works wonderfully on campus and in Middlesboro but is quite spotty in other areas. The iPhone picks up best service among the AT&T models. My wife and I are considering getting a landline to make important calls - we tried to make one a few days ago, and the call kept getting dropped on my iPhone.

AT&T works wonderfully on campus and in Middlesboro but is quite spotty in other areas. The iPhone picks up best service among the AT&T models. My wife and I are considering getting a landline to make important calls - we tried to make one a few days ago, and the call kept getting dropped on my iPhone.

Yes.. we live in Cumberland Gap and we had to get a landline so we could talk to anyone... since our phones (AT&T) don't work here except to sent texts.. and only in certain spots of our apartment.

thank you for all the input. im thinking about getting at&t bc they have unlimited texting for just 35 dollars. but its just text and not talking on the phone. then ill get a phone for my room to talk to loved ones at home:)

Any more news about the alternate list?

I don't know if this helps, but my husband asked Janette for any news and she said usually 25-30 get pulled off the alternate list, but this year they were only able to pull 9 off the list... She said they can pull people off the list up to July 27th

If anybody gets pulled of the waitlist and needs a place to rent or just hasn't found one already I rent a 2 bedroom house just 2 minutes from DCOM. Pets were ok with me and probably fine with anybody. email me at [email protected] as I don't check this much if interested.

I don't know if this helps, but my husband asked Janette for any news and she said usually 25-30 get pulled off the alternate list, but this year they were only able to pull 9 off the list... She said they can pull people off the list up to July 27th

I wonder if you're misquoting her. Could she have meant that 25-30 people are pulled off the alternate list, but SO FAR they've only pulled off 9? It might pick up some next month.

They pulled someone off the wait list our second day of classes last year, but the first day of orientation is the normal deadline.

I wonder if you're misquoting her. Could she have meant that 25-30 people are pulled off the alternate list, but SO FAR they've only pulled off 9? It might pick up some next month.

They pulled someone off the wait list our second day of classes last year, but the first day of orientation is the normal deadline.

No misquote... it sounds like less spots have opened up... It may still pick up it just depends if anyone decides to go elsewhere.... so far they have pulled off 9

I wish she meant that they still needed 16 more :(

Last edited:
there's still 3 weeks to go before orientation. we had someone join our class after classes started, if i remember correctly. hang in there!