Lincoln Memorial CDM Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I’m going to be a D1 this fall at LMU (so class of 2026). Feel free to reach out if y’all have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
I am applying to start in 2023 and the application process is unique. I am trying to get a verification that all my info is sent and received. I havent received from the university about completing the application. I just want a piece of mind knowing that I dont have additional info I have to send before they start analyzing. is anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying to start in 2023 and the application process is unique. I am trying to get a verification that all my info is sent and received. I havent received from the university about completing the application. I just want a piece of mind knowing that I dont have additional info I have to send before they start analyzing. is anyone else in the same boat?
Send them an email and mention that you just want to make sure all your stuff is in. I know they're really busy right now with getting things set up for our class starting soon so it'll take them some time but I'm sure they wouldn't mind you reaching out to them.

Send them an email and mention that you just want to make sure all your stuff is in. I know they're really busy right now with getting things set up for our class starting soon so it'll take them some time but I'm sure they wouldn't mind you reaching out to them.
Yea i have sent them an email already but I got no response. Im just going to be patient until I hear about them moving forward with their process and act then

Yea i have sent them an email already but I got no response. Im just going to be patient until I hear about them moving forward with their process and act then
I’m sure you’ll hear back soon. Good luck for this cycle!

Does anyone know if they are accepting applications for this cycle?

Thank you but I can only find their supplemental application. Is there any other application? or just the supplemental?

In document part of application it ask for writing sample and it is required! Do you guys have any idea what should I write about?

Has anyone heard back since submitting the application on their website? I sent it in June and it's been quiet

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are strict on the GPA//DAT cut off? Asking for a friend.

Hey, has anyone gotten any interviews from Lincoln Memorial yet? I was late in applying to them (November 1st), so I'll probably not get one soon if I do get one, but I was curious. It seems so quiet after submitting applications, its nerve racking. I don't even know if my stats are good enough, I have a pretty good GPA but my DAT score wasn't what I wanted it to be. Anyway, hope this application cycle is going great for you all!

They have started the interview process already. They're going through the applicants that make their requirements first which are 3.3 overall, 3.2 science and 19AA.

They have started the interview process already. They're going through the applicants that make their requirements first which are 3.3 overall, 3.2 science and 19AA.
Thanks so much for letting us know!!

So I just got another email from them about their boot camp thing. The thing is I saw it was like $750 to register, and I don’t have that kind of money. How important is it that I go to this boot camp thing, vs do you think it’s possible to get into the school without attending this?

So I just got another email from them about their boot camp thing. The thing is I saw it was like $750 to register, and I don’t have that kind of money. How important is it that I go to this boot camp thing, vs do you think it’s possible to get into the school without attending this?
I believe their boot camp just helps you get an interview there, otherwise, it's just another scam they're getting you into to think you have a chance. It's not worth the $750 they're charging for it, it's meaningless. It's also a brand new school, opened this year, and is not fully accredited by CODA. I would be very careful when attending this school.... It's extremely expensive and you'd be a guinea pig for their incoming class, not something I would want to gamble with when investing over $500,000 in your education. I hope you applied to other schools as well.

I believe their boot camp just helps you get an interview there, otherwise, it's just another scam they're getting you into to think you have a chance. It's not worth the $750 they're charging for it, it's meaningless. It's also a brand new school, opened this year, and is not fully accredited by CODA. I would be very careful when attending this school.... It's extremely expensive and you'd be a guinea pig for their incoming class, not something I would want to gamble with when investing over $500,000 in your education. I hope you applied to other schools as well.
Thanks so much, that’s really helpful! I didn’t realize they weren’t accredited by CODA either. Yeah, I’ve thought about that too, it’s a lot of time and money to invest for something that hasn’t had all the kinks worked out yet. I thought with it being in my state of residence and my dad being alumni to the school, I should apply. Unfortunately I was working with a slim budget to begin with, and was only able to apply to a handful of other schools, but I haven’t heard anything from them at all. I was a little hopeful because I have a 4.0 GPA, and over 100 job shadowing hours, plus a little bit of volunteer work, but my DAT AA score was a 20 (which really was disappointing), so I don’t know what’s going to happen. I appreciate you all being so helpful though and answering my questions, thanks so much!

Thanks so much, that’s really helpful! I didn’t realize they weren’t accredited by CODA either. Yeah, I’ve thought about that too, it’s a lot of time and money to invest for something that hasn’t had all the kinks worked out yet. I thought with it being in my state of residence and my dad being alumni to the school, I should apply. Unfortunately I was working with a slim budget to begin with, and was only able to apply to a handful of other schools, but I haven’t heard anything from them at all. I was a little hopeful because I have a 4.0 GPA, and over 100 job shadowing hours, plus a little bit of volunteer work, but my DAT AA score was a 20 (which really was disappointing), so I don’t know what’s going to happen. I appreciate you all being so helpful though and answering my questions, thanks so much!
A 20AA is nothing to be ashamed of, that's close to the average of all matriculants for dental school! A 4.0gpa as well should have gotten you looked at by some schools at the very least. You could PM me and we could go over your app stats and schools if you'd like to try and flush out why you haven't gotten any looks. How many schools did you apply to? I know applying is expensive, but it fails in comparison to how much you're going to spend for dental school if you don't at least try to get into a cheaper state school (which frankly is possible with your stats, but I/we don't have a bigger picture of your app so it's hard to tell what could be affecting you). It's possible you applied to schools that don't align with your app well which could explain why. Anyways, if you need any help you can reach out to me and I'd be more than willing to answer your questions based on my experience applying this year!

They actually are accredited by CODA!

Did anyone receive an interview or an acceptance here?

Did anyone receive an interview or an acceptance here?
Not yet, I have a feeling that they’re waiting until January at this point to send invitations for interviews. I haven’t seen or heard of anyone anywhere getting any yet from them.

Can someone explain to me how they are not fully accredited if you are able to apply to them through the AADSAS and are listed on the ADEA accredited schools list? I believe they are accredited but maybe I’m missing something.
They have temporary accreditation through CODA meaning they’ve met the initial standards for accreditation but they aren’t fully accredited yet. They will be checked again in 3 years I believe to make sure they are meeting the accreditation standards for all dental schools. So you can apply to them and go to school there as their first cohort but what happens if in 3 years they lose that temporary accreditation? Your degree practically worthless then, that’s why it’s a little bit of a gamble with this school and you should be wary of it.

Received an interview invite on 12/21 at 10:41am!

You’re going to do great!! Please let us know if they have you do the chalk carving, I’d love to know how that goes.
Thank you so much! I did not have a soap carving portion during my interview!

Thank you so much! I did not have a soap carving portion during my interview!
Whoo hoo!!! That’s awesome, wish I didn’t spend money on special chalk and a knife lol. Well I hope you hear from them soon with an acceptance letter, so excited for you! Really hope I get an interview invite from them still, especially after all the essays we had to write for it lol

Interview #1
School: Lincoln Memorial
Notification date: 12/21/2022
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 12/17/2022
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17 AA, 17 TS, 17 PAT, 26 RC, Yes (14 Orgo, 16 QR)
Interview date: 01/10/2023
Method of interview: Virtual or In-Person (I chose in-person)

Interview #1
School: Lincoln Memorial
Notification date: 12/21/2022
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 12/17/2022
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17 AA, 17 TS, 17 PAT, 26 RC, Yes (14 Orgo, 16 QR)
Interview date: 01/10/2023
Method of interview: Virtual or In-Person (I chose in-person)
Congrats!! That’s awesome!

• Care
Someone I know was wondering, is it still worth it to put in an application for this school so late in the cycle?

Someone I know was wondering, is it still worth it to put in an application for this school so late in the cycle?
Seems like they’re starting interviews extremely late, so may not be a bad idea to throw it in there. Does the person have decent stats or do they have a relatively low dat score? If higher id honestly just wait for next cycle but if lower maybe worth a shot to see. Just my 2 cents

Seems like they’re starting interviews extremely late, so may not be a bad idea to throw it in there. Does the person have decent stats or do they have a relatively low dat score? If higher id honestly just wait for next cycle but if lower maybe worth a shot to see. Just my 2 cents
3.10 GPA and 19 DAT

ehh.. at their school before my interview I heard they already had 50 students for their class and will stop interviewing once they reach 80 and who knows how many they have interviewed already but it never hurts to try

ehh.. at their school before my interview I heard they already had 50 students for their class and will stop interviewing once they reach 80 and who knows how many they have interviewed already but it never hurts to try
Did you go to the Bootcamp by any chance?

I would go ahead and apply since you meet the basic requirements. Doesn't hurt to try. Good luck either way
I’m already a dental student at Iowa this was for someone else. Thanks for all your guys’ advice! I’ll pass it along.

Reactions: 2 users
I also received an invitation to interview on 12/21 and will be doing so this Wednesday! I’d love to hear from anyone who has interviewed here about what to expect.

As someone who attended the boot camp through December 12th and 14th of 2022(and was accepted on 12/20) it was an amazing experience. I also interviewed while I was attending. Would love to answer any question for the people who are unsure about attending.

my parent called the school today, there was 30 available slots now there is only 9.