LECOM - Erie Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email today in which they confirmed I was on the alternate list, and said that there is a strong possibility that I will be contacted before July 1st for acceptance. They asked me to fill out the "required documents" now, such as the financial aid and matriculation packages. I'm assuming this is good, has anyone else received such a message?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email today in which they confirmed I was on the alternate list, and said that there is a strong possibility that I will be contacted before July 1st for acceptance. They asked me to fill out the "required documents" now, such as the financial aid and matriculation packages. I'm assuming this is good, has anyone else received such a message?

Congrats! Good to know there is some movement. To go through this whole process and be an alternate, is just painful.

Alternate...That's where I live. Three interviews, three alternates

Members don't see this ad :)

I have been on the alternate list since the end of March and received the same email today.

Congrats! Well at least its good to know that someone on the waitlist is getting in.

If you don't mind me asking, when you got your initial letter back from LECOM after your interview, did it say "alternate" or did it say "waitlist"?

Thanks

Has anyone who has interviewed here been rejected outright or is being interviewed automatically place you on a waitlist/alternate?

Congrats! Well at least its good to know that someone on the waitlist is getting in.

If you don't mind me asking, when you got your initial letter back from LECOM after your interview, did it say "alternate" or did it say "waitlist"?

Thanks

It said "waitlist" and that the approved class size had been achieved. That was on March 18th.

that's awesome, congrats! did you guys write letters of interest/intent after interviewing?

Four interviews and four waitlist/accepted waitlists. At least I got a to travel to a few places I would have never gone otherwise.

I'm rooting for you, I hate being on the freaking waitlist.

Does everyone receive that email about Alternates having a chance of getting in by July 1st and does Erie have like a high priority waitlist.

At another university I was placed on the "Accept-Space Available" list...as in, the high waitlist. Which I'm guessing means I will get asked to enter the class before those on the "waitlist." Would anyone imagine that the alternate list would be the same thing?

Congrats! Good to know there is some movement. To go through this whole process and be an alternate, is just painful.

No kidding. I've started up the AACOMAS again and they want all the transcripts... AGAIN. I really hate having to scavenge all the various schools I've ever attended and spending all this money.

As for the waitlist, I'd hate to be at a disadvantage just because I'm snail-mailing my waitlist confirmation letter now rather than sooner. Any idea how they pick and choose those who get the "paperwork-ready" e-mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Erie flexible with the English requirement. For instance if we have completed one English course but have several other highly writing intensive courses like ethics, philosophy, etc can one of those type of courses be used for the second half requirement?

Thanks

I have been on the alternate list since the end of March and received the same email today.
From Last year, that is a great sign!!!!! Good Luck. I was waitlisted for the 2013 class, just now re-applying for the 2015 class. I pray not to go through the waitlist saga again. It was shear torture!!!!!!

From Last year, that is a great sign!!!!! Good Luck. I was waitlisted for the 2013 class, just now re-applying for the 2015 class. I pray not to go through the waitlist saga again. It was shear torture!!!!!!

Yeah, the waitlist situation is a stressful drag. I have been accepted to another school already, but am still keeping my options open.

Yeah, the waitlist situation is a stressful drag. I have been accepted to another school already, but am still keeping my options open.

How long does a school give you to leave a deposit after you have been accepted to their school? It almost seems like musical chairs, such that they want people to pay up, and take a seat in their class so they can see which seats are still empty.

How long does a school give you to leave a deposit after you have been accepted to their school? It almost seems like musical chairs, such that they want people to pay up, and take a seat in their class so they can see which seats are still empty.

Depends on the school. At this point in the cycle, I'd guess most schools would give 2-4 weeks to pay the deposit.

You only get a couple of weeks this late in the cycle. I already paid the deposit for my other school. This is the only other school I would consider right now. I plan on commuting back home quite often and the school I have been accepted too is not airport friendly.

That's exactly what they're doing. It's kind of annoying and can become quite pricey to hold multiple acceptances this late in the game, and that is the point. Every school wants to figure out who is going to be in its class as much as you all want to know if you'll be accepted and where you will end up going. The deposit just moves the process along a little faster so that people aren't sitting on multiple acceptances very late into the cycle. Plus, the May 15th deadline is coming up, so hopefully you all on the waitlist will see some movement around then!! Good luck everyone!:xf:

just out of curiousity, when did you guys interview? and also, did the letter specify which program it was from (LDP, PBL, ISP)?

thx

For those who got their letters yesterday, did anyone's status on LECOM portal change yet?

For those who got their letters yesterday, did anyone's status on LECOM portal change yet?

Yes my status changed. It's probably because i chose to fax my confirmation.

Does everyone receive that email about Alternates having a chance of getting in by July 1st and does Erie have like a high priority waitlist.

Nope - I didn't get one of those e-mails! Good luck to those who got one...I hope they're not leading ya'll on:xf:

just out of curiousity, when did you guys interview? and also, did the letter specify which program it was from (LDP, PBL, ISP)?

thx

The letter I just received with the matriculation info saying that it is highly likely I will be selected from the alternate list did say it would be for LDP.

The letter I just received with the matriculation info saying that it is highly likely I will be selected from the alternate list did say it would be for LDP.

Did you send any update letters or a letter of interest before they sent you that? Or was it just out of nowhere after you were waitlisted?

What did your status change to?

It stated, "You have been placed on LECOM Erie's Alternate List. Please contact Amy Rowe at 814-866-6641 if you would like to be removed from the list."

Did you send any update letters or a letter of interest before they sent you that? Or was it just out of nowhere after you were waitlisted?

I did not send them anything except the form notifying them that I wanted to be placed on the waitlist.

Does anyone know how many people recieved that email in past years and how many were selected?

Plus, the May 15th deadline is coming up, so hopefully you all on the waitlist will see some movement around then!! Good luck everyone!:xf:

Doesn't that date only apply to allopathic schools? I have never seen any deadlines for DO schools.

Doesn't that date only apply to allopathic schools? I have never seen any deadlines for DO schools.

If an accepted LECOM student were to be pulled off the waitlist at an allopathic school when May 15th hits and decides to attend the allopathic school, someone on the LECOM wait list will get an acceptance. That is how the May 15 deadline helps wait listed DO applicants even though the date only applies to allo schools.

If an accepted LECOM student were to be pulled off the waitlist at an allopathic school when May 15th hits and decides to attend the allopathic school, someone on the LECOM wait list will get an acceptance. That is how the May 15 deadline helps wait listed DO applicants even though the date only applies to allo schools.

That's correct. Sorry for not explaining that "trickle down" effect. Thanks for clarifying!

Hey, Does anyone know anything about the class scheduel? Is the class schedule for the lecture pathway available? Where will it be eventually post?

Has anyone received info on orientation/registration ect. ?

Here is the MS1 fall schedule from last year, but I don't think we'll get ours until orientation or closer to that time.

Here is the MS1 fall schedule from last year, but I don't think we'll get ours until orientation or closer to that time.

Awesome! Thanks this helps JRjcu. Seems a little late for something that is so concrete and established far ahead of time. Is it always like that?

Awesome! Thanks this helps JRjcu. Seems a little late for something that is so concrete and established far ahead of time. Is it always like that?

I only found the schedule to have a rough idea of what to expect next year...

I only found the schedule to have a rough idea of what to expect next year...

Which is fine because it can show you what (general) classes you'll take and when.

They end up posting new versions constantly because what fun would it be if they just stayed consistant?

Oh what the hell, that version of the schedule you posted is so old, heres the latest version for fall semester.

And by the way, based upon my own experiences before starting here, don't freak out upon seeing the schedule. Yes it is intimidating. Yes it is teh suck. Yes you will be able to survive it.

Attachments

• ms1_fall_2009.pdf
    116.7 KB · Views: 221
Which is fine because it can show you what (general) classes you'll take and when.

They end up posting new versions constantly because what fun would it be if they just stayed consistant?

Oh what the hell, that version of the schedule you posted is so old, heres the latest version for fall semester.

And by the way, based upon my own experiences before starting here, don't freak out upon seeing the schedule. Yes it is intimidating. Yes it is teh suck. Yes you will be able to survive it.

Yea I've downloaded an "updated" version of the schedule so many times in the past year it's not even funny anymore. The only thing I can say to expect is that your schedule will suck so bad from Halloween until the end of the fall semester. I looked at it the other day and forgot how many days we were in class until 5. I would say that from Halloween to Christmas, you will be in class til 5 four days a week on average. Plus if you are lucky, some new variant of the flu (I predict sea gull flu since there are so many of them here) will sweep through your class, making staying til 5 a living hell. I think at least 60% of our class got sick after Halloween. It may have been even more than that.

Yea I've downloaded an "updated" version of the schedule so many times in the past year it's not even funny anymore. The only thing I can say to expect is that your schedule will suck so bad from Halloween until the end of the fall semester. I looked at it the other day and forgot how many days we were in class until 5. I would say that from Halloween to Christmas, you will be in class til 5 four days a week on average. Plus if you are lucky, some new variant of the flu (I predict sea gull flu since there are so many of them here) will sweep through your class, making staying til 5 a living hell. I think at least 60% of our class got sick after Halloween. It may have been even more than that.

I vote goose flu.

And yes, Halloween -> Xmas was the worst schedule of all time.

Week 16: Monday November 9th. The worst day of all time.

Last edited:
Week 16: Monday November 9th. The worst day of all time.

Oh yea that day was awful. Honestly any day where we have 1-2 tests plus class til 5 is prescription for K-Y and rubber.....well you get the idea. Man I really missed anatomy during Core. Now systems is better than Core but nothing will compare to anatomy. So much free time. I remember going out every weekend. Once Halloween hit, I didn't go out again until school was over for the semester. There were many nights where I'd study til 9 or 10 on the weekends and then watch a movie and go to bed, only to get up and do it again the next day.

Oh yea that day was awful. Honestly any day where we have 1-2 tests plus class til 5 is prescription for K-Y and rubber.....well you get the idea. Man I really missed anatomy during Core. Now systems is better than Core but nothing will compare to anatomy. So much free time. I remember going out every weekend. Once Halloween hit, I didn't go out again until school was over for the semester. There were many nights where I'd study til 9 or 10 on the weekends and then watch a movie and go to bed, only to get up and do it again the next day.

And 2nd year sucks just as bad... it's more of the same. Cardio was like 8 hours of lecture and an exam every week. GI seemed like it went on forever. and Repro 38 lectures on one exam in a week... that blew. But it's done now.... COMLEX comes soon, ¡Ay, caramba

I was just called and accepted to LECOM today for the PBL pathway!

It stated, "You have been placed on LECOM Erie's Alternate List. Please contact Amy Rowe at 814-866-6641 if you would like to be removed from the list."

I'm wondering (as I now have the same status on my portal), if that means we are alternates for the Erie Campus as opposed to Seton Hill, or if "Erie's Alternate List" refers to the PA campuses. I feel like as I've been eyeing the forums these past few weeks I've seen the answer to that, but I can't seem to find it now...

I was just called and accepted to LECOM today for the PBL pathway!

OAKLEY,

Fresh admission to PBL or were you waiting for a spot to open? I ask because I'm LDP but hoping to switch.

Tanstaafl

I was accepted to the Erie campus, and I was fresh admission to the PBL pathway.

I was accepted to the Erie campus, and I was fresh admission to the PBL pathway.

That's great news! I noticed you said you were given a 'heads up' by the admissions committee beforehand via email; did you send out any letters of interest or call the ad office? I'm just trying to get a feel if they take those things under consideration.