LECOM - Erie Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted since the May 15th "traffic Day?"

Members don't see this ad.

I have a room for rent, 1449 W42nd st., it's approximately 2 blocks from LECOM and about a 2 minute car ride. 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house w/ kitchen, living room, 2 car garage, and a full basement small yard. Rent 400-450/month w/o utilities. Clean male w/o pets and nonsmoker preferred. One in PBL, one in LDP currently living in the house. Looking for a first year preferably. Any other questions feel free to message me directly.

Still up for sale????

What do you think is the best way to improve an application for next cycle?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently they were interviewing students until May 8th. I don't think those sent the email on May 15th have been accepted yet, they just appear to be the first off the waitlist so they were asked to send in their paperwork (I might be wrong about that)

Has anyone been accepted since the May 15th "traffic Day?"
FYI...I got the E-mail last Friday and have started the paperwork (I got fingerprinted yesterday for the background check), but have not heard anything else. So, I am proceeding with my re-applications until I get that phone call. Hopefully it will come soon :xf::xf::xf:

This is a question for those of you who have been waitlisted at Erie (we're pulling for you).

If you were waitlisted, what do you suspect were your perceived deficiencies, and what are your objective stats?

Thanks for sharing. LECOM is my #1 choice for numerous reasons, but I'm feeling middle of the road these days and I want to shore up my credentials so as, hopefully, to assure admission next year.

Thanks y'all!

So in the past, how extensively has LECOM used their waitlist?

What do you think is the best way to improve an application for next cycle?

My opinion is to do everything possible to improve the MCAT. It seems that good applications are ruined by low MCAT scores. Low MCAT scores can cast doubt on the most promising student.

Anyone know anywhere in Erie that allows pets (1 small dog) that is nice and close to LECOM? I am having serious issues trying to find a place. Post a reply or PM me if you can. Thanks so much!!!! :D

Anyone know anywhere in Erie that allows pets (1 small dog) that is nice and close to LECOM? I am having serious issues trying to find a place. Post a reply or PM me if you can. Thanks so much!!!! :D

Try Buckeye Builders. I don't know the number though. sorry.

NO, I haven't heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know how many people get off the waitlist? Also, is the waitlist for both Erie & Seton Hill?

Members don't see this ad :)
NO, I haven't heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know how many people get off the waitlist? Also, is the waitlist for both Erie & Seton Hill?
How many people that get off the list is based on how many people who got in do not accept the offer. I'm hoping that since there has not been anyone posting saying that they have been accepted from the waitlist that there hasn't been much movement yet. Staying hopeful.

RE: AMCAS application_Academic term = ?
I was in accelerated program at pharmacy school...Out of all options listed in AMCAS (academic term), I can't figure out which one applies to me!Any help!!!!!!!!!!!
Curriculum: http://my.lecom.edu/pharm/pharm/curric.asp
(I know it sound stupid, but worth making sure). Thanks.

I heard from Amy Rowe on May 19th. Received my acceptance letter to Seton Hill PBL today.

Amy told me that the waitlist usually starts to really move in June.

Just came home to find a letter saying I've been awarded an academic merit scholarship yay!!

I saw the amount awarded on the applicant portal (not much but every bit helps). Does anyone know if this just applies to the fall semester or will it be applied to each semester?

It says its renewable yearly contingent on maintaining a 3.5 GPA. I could barely do that in college, and they want me to do it in med school? :eek:

Just came home to find a letter saying I've been awarded an academic merit scholarship yay!!

I saw the amount awarded on the applicant portal (not much but every bit helps). Does anyone know if this just applies to the fall semester or will it be applied to each semester?

It says its renewable yearly contingent on maintaining a 3.5 GPA. I could barely do that in college, and they want me to do it in med school? :eek:

I am very happy that you have achieved this honor. Whatever you are given, just take it. You are given a goal, and the goal is well, very difficult. Obvious.

The others, which are the waitlisted, have not figured out the formula, myself included. But, we will get to acceptance with more dedication. The applications of the wait-listed may just mean that they need more work.

If you haven't done so already, go ahead and join the Class of 2013 facebook group.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=39397039695&ref=ts

Also I set up an event for all of us Class of 2013ers. We are gonna have a get together bbq, where we will eat, drink, and be merry haha. Also since we may do it by the zoo, we may get drink and go make fun of the monkeys. Not sure about that yet
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=78115198761&ref=ts

I live like two blocks form the zoo. Those pavillions are a great time. It is actually outside the zoo gates and there are some horseshoe courts on the other side. Families or other groups that get these pavillions get there like at 6 or 7AM and just sit there to reserve it. It might be first come first serve. Feel free to PM me if you need any legwork done locally.

So on a whim this a.m. I checked the caller i.d. on my home phone (I thought I had listed my cell phone as my main contact) and to my horror saw two calls from LECOM from Monday and Tuesday. Anyway, I spoke to Amy Rowe this morning and was accepted into the ISP program. :soexcited:OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and wish all waitlisters massive amounts of good luck.:biglove:

So on a whim this a.m. I checked the caller i.d. on my home phone (I thought I had listed my cell phone as my main contact) and to my horror saw two calls from LECOM from Monday and Tuesday. Anyway, I spoke to Amy Rowe this morning and was accepted into the ISP program. :soexcited:OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and wish all waitlisters massive amounts of good luck.:biglove:

Congrats!!! I'm in ISP as well, join our Facebook group (whose link doesn't seem to be functioning right now, but search LECOM 2013 - ISP) .. and the same goes for any other ISP-ers lurking out there!

And good luck to everyone on the waitlist :luck::xf::luck::xf:

Well congrads winkie! I am also one of those people on the alternate list for LDP, and was wondering if there has been any movement in that pathway. On my portal page it says I have been ranked and will be notified of any movement. So has there been any movement, and is there any way to find out my ranking? I do not enjoy this waiting game. Thanks

Thanks guys.

Opie-I received a form E-mail on May 15th regarding the alternate waitlist. It stated there was a good chance I would be offered a seat and to start the matriculation paperwork. (I read this as being near the top of the waitlist) At the end of the E-mail it stated the seats were for LDP, which was fine with me however, I did put ISP as my #1 choice on interview day. I don't think they will tell you where you are ranked, at least from reading old posts it seems like they won't.
I was just about to send in a letter of intent and two new recommendation letters I had received since attending my interview. I totally feel your pain about waiting-I was becoming very worried and depressed over having to re-apply for next cycle. I hope you hear from them soon.

Hey,
While on the wait-list, did you guys send any extra materials or recommendations? Did you call them often? I got on the wait-list in March. I sent them a letter of intent and recommenation letters. I haven't recieved an email yet. Is there anything you guys suggest to do?

I also got that email, and was pumped, but I did not want to get that excited until I get the call. I saw the comment about LDP, but I thought it was specific to me because my first choice was LDP. So I hope I am near the top of the list, but I do not know how extensive it is.

If you haven't done so already, go ahead and join the Class of 2013 facebook group.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=39397039695&ref=ts

Also I set up an event for all of us Class of 2013ers. We are gonna have a get together bbq, where we will eat, drink, and be merry haha. Also since we may do it by the zoo, we may get drink and go make fun of the monkeys. Not sure about that yet
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=78115198761&ref=ts

i'm actually going to have to bite the bullet and sign up for facebook, huh? haha. :thumbup: I'm absolutly down to go, but could you keep people posted in this discusion thread? just in case i'm a little slow with getting facebook:laugh:

i'm actually going to have to bite the bullet and sign up for facebook, huh? haha. :thumbup: I'm absolutly down to go, but could you keep people posted in this discusion thread? just in case i'm a little slow with getting facebook:laugh:

Yea the bbq is set for Thursday July 23rd. We haven't set up a time yet but it looks like we will be going to Glenwood Park by the zoo. I think we will be getting some kegs, burgers, hot dogs/brats, etc to eat. I did it on Thursday instead of Friday so we wouldn't be hungover at orientation. Also we may go out to some bars Thursday nite after the bbq. When I figure out more specifics, I will post it on facebook and on here

Very cool. Good call with the thurs BBQ as well. See... Med school really is all about time management and priorities haha. I'll be moved in well before that... I plan on Kayaking alot before classes really get going... Pen. has some really great water.

Just got back from Erie and signing a lease at Royal Villa Apts. Nice ass 2BR for 600/month, 1.5 miles from the school. I love it.

Fall semesters schedules for the incomming MS1 are up in the Portal. Look under 'schedules'.

Interview day, they said there was some sort of match list for roommates. Where can I get that? I live all the way in CT and was always in a dorm, so I'm very new at this. if calling the numbers in the rentalguide they gave you, would they know if someone needs a roommate? any tips or advice will very much appreciated. thanks.

Interview day, they said there was some sort of match list for roommates. Where can I get that? I live all the way in CT and was always in a dorm, so I'm very new at this. if calling the numbers in the rentalguide they gave you, would they know if someone needs a roommate? any tips or advice will very much appreciated. thanks.

They sent out an e-mail about a month or two ago to everyone who wanted to be on the list and looking for a roommate.

The rental guide wasn't that helpful, and no they probably don't care about whether or not you need a roommate, they want you to find a roommate yourself and then just sign the lease.

Check out craigslist erie, that can be helpful.

hey,

did anyone from the wait-list here back yet? anyone who got off the waitlist, do you have any suggestions as to how to get off? I really want to go to LECOM. I really appreciate your help!!

Hey pooh

I am in the same boat as you on the wait list. Just looking at this website it does not seem as though there has been too much movement. Of course there could be, but the people are just not members of SDN. They say june is the month for movement, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

for those who were on the waitlist and got the emails with the matricuation papers attached - has anyone gotten an acceptance offer after that? if so, how much time passed between that email saying you have a 'good chance' of being contacted and the actual admissions offer?

Now that we have our schedules for the semester, does anyone know when we'll get our textbook list? I see the textbooks on the schedule, but am wondering about which editions we will need? For example, I found Langman's Medical Embryology in a number of editions including the 9th, 10th, and 11th. I'm guessing we'll use the newest edition in a majority of classes.

Just so that you know, I did get pulled off the waitlist after receiving the email with the matriculation packet. It was about 3 weeks later when I got the final notice.

Good Luck. I hope it will be your turn soon : )

Now that we have our schedules for the semester, does anyone know when we'll get our textbook list? I see the textbooks on the schedule, but am wondering about which editions we will need? For example, I found Langman's Medical Embryology in a number of editions including the 9th, 10th, and 11th. I'm guessing we'll use the newest edition in a majority of classes.
http://my.lecom.edu/lecom/application/bstore.asp

Hey pooh

I am in the same boat as you on the wait list. Just looking at this website it does not seem as though there has been too much movement. Of course there could be, but the people are just not members of SDN. They say june is the month for movement, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed.
I was told that Amy Rowe said there has been some movement off the list for LDP, but she expecting a lot of movement to happen in the next few weeks. Keep those fingers crossed.

Well that makes me feel a little better that they are expecting movement. If you don't mind me asking how did you find that out? Also did anyone on the wait list start filling out the paper work? I feel like its preemptive without getting accepted. I hate the waiting game.

Well that makes me feel a little better that they are expecting movement. If you don't mind me asking how did you find that out? Also did anyone on the wait list start filling out the paper work? I feel like its preemptive without getting accepted. I hate the waiting game.

Did you get the paperwork to fill out? I would start filling it out now. Might get you in the "half full" mode. Might be a good excuse for you to call Amy and ask questions.....could show you are realy passionate, engaged and willing to do whatever you need to do. Act as if..............

have declined my acceptance into lecom.. hoping one of the people on waitlist can get in...:D good luck

Quick question for everyone. I've already talked to Dr. James Moore about an admissions question I had. Can anyone give me the e-mail address of another person in the admissions office? I can't seem to find any on the LECOM website.

Over the past year, I have tried to email Amy Rowe but for whatever reason, she will not email me back; however, Linda Linville always does so give her a try...
[email protected]

Hey Malalaurka, thanks for the spot. I got the call on friday, and will be seeing everyone soon. I am pumped!