LECOM Erie Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like the pre-orientation get together too. I will be moving my stuff up on the 14th, I can meet up anytime after the 18th.

Even starbucks downtown looks good, then we can venture from there.

jim

Members don't see this ad.

Im also down for a pre-orientation meet, after July 21st, Ill be in town early, but not moving in until the 28th.

LECOM Class of 2009 - PBL

yeah, sounds good to meet up before orientation. lets all do it the evening before orientation on the 26th. I love starbucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
My roommate and I have moved into the Westwind Apartments and are looking to meet fellow LECOM students and enjoy the few weeks that remain before orientation. Drop us a PM or an e-mail @: [email protected] or [email protected]

--

Will and Chris
LECOM Class of 2009

I'm in for a gathering. The 26th sounds good to me. There are some bars that have outdoor seating at night, calamari's perhaps. Molly Branigan's is also a good place.

-Rick
ISP

I just got back from being out in Erie for two days, and found an apartment in Royal Villa. I'm very pumped to get things going, I'll be moving out in about two weeks. It's nice to know I have a place to live. Can't wait to start and to meet you guys!!

ArcherM2 said:
I just got back from being out in Erie for two days, and found an apartment in Royal Villa. I'm very pumped to get things going, I'll be moving out in about two weeks. It's nice to know I have a place to live. Can't wait to start and to meet you guys!!

I just got back yesterday from moving into royal villa. Were you by chance moving into one of the lower buildings?

I didn't move in yesterday, but I did find an apartment in the lower building. I think I may have seen your car -- do you have Cornell and LECOM stickers in the back window? Anyways, I'll be out sometime during the week of the 20th to get moved in and what not.

seems like the 26th is a pretty good date for everyone so lets do it then. i picked the date, now someone pick the time and place ;)

--mark

Wondering if anyone has looked at assignment because i have a question about the giraffe problem.

ArcherM2 said:
Wondering if anyone has looked at assignment because i have a question about the giraffe problem.

hey archerM2,

maybe I can help you with the giraffe question. What are you having trouble with? Just remember that you need to add the critical value because all the pressures are added (since they are forces so vectors) to get total pressure.

I did the math several times and I keep getting a different number than the answer. Here's my math: 13x12x2.54/1.36 and i get 291.35 then I add the 30 mmHg and I get 321.35. On the answer sheet they have 291, but then when the add the 30, they add it to 286. The pressure to 286 from 291? I was figuring it was a typo, but I'd like to know for sure.

ArcherM2 said:
I did the math several times and I keep getting a different number than the answer. Here's my math: 13x12x2.54/1.36 and i get 291.35 then I add the 30 mmHg and I get 321.35. On the answer sheet they have 291, but then when the add the 30, they add it to 286. The pressure to 286 from 291? I was figuring it was a typo, but I'd like to know for sure.

I would reccomend that you get used to seeing typos. Seems to happen alot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy everyone! My wife and I just made it to Erie today. We are living in Brookwood Village. I hope to meet you all soon. :)

cornellmedic said:
I would reccomend that you get used to seeing typos. Seems to happen alot.

I've noticed. Overall the packet seems inconsistent. Alot of the answers that they have in the back don't address the questions asked. In any event, I figure I'll have the whole thing done in a couple of days.

wertyjoe said:
Howdy everyone! My wife and I just made it to Erie today. We are living in Brookwood Village. I hope to meet you all soon. :)

Welcome to the neighborhood! I am also living at Brookwood Village, on Bear Creek lane. Hope to see you soon!

Dave

ArcherM2 said:

yeah that was a typo, and there are many others too in the packet.

ArcherM2 said:
I've noticed. Overall the packet seems inconsistent. Alot of the answers that they have in the back don't address the questions asked. In any event, I figure I'll have the whole thing done in a couple of days.

hey archer,

yeah, some of the answers were crap, if you want to discuss any concepts or questions and answers feel free to give me a pm. good luck

allendo said:
Does the school have bike racks so I can ride my bike to school??

Yes by the staff entrance :laugh:

mrm1682 said:
seems like the 26th is a pretty good date for everyone so lets do it then. i picked the date, now someone pick the time and place ;)

--mark

I think that classmate of ours might be interested in hosting a preorientation get-together. I would suggest that everybody IM him at ISO14567; let him know who is interested.

ArcherM2 said:
I didn't move in yesterday, but I did find an apartment in the lower building. I think I may have seen your car -- do you have Cornell and LECOM stickers in the back window? Anyways, I'll be out sometime during the week of the 20th to get moved in and what not.

yeah

haezebro said:
Hey mrm1682,

I am also going to live in laurel ridege. I have the keys, but have yet to move to Erie. I probably will not move in until the 23rd (Sunday?). If you find a good deal for cable/internet please pass on the info. We should definantly share frothy beverage or five before class starts.

Hey guys,
I'll be living in laurel ridge too. The only thing is that I can't move in until august 26th so until then I'm living with a friend about 10 minutes away from school. But I would definitely like to get together and meet up with you guys or anyone else for that matter for a few beers before we get into the thick of it. I'll be moving up there around the 21st of July. You can give me a call sometime at 412-225-0152. Take care and hope everyone enjoys the rest of the summer.

Greg

cornellmedic said:
I think that classmate of ours might be interested in hosting a preorientation get-together. I would suggest that everybody IM him at ISO14567; let him know who is interested.

Hey, I just IM'd him and says that he would be happy to host something. But he wants to know how many people are want to come over. I guess y'all should speak with him. Seems like he is a good host.

-Pete

Hey guys,

I still have to get the varicella titer and drug & alcohol screening done, but my insurance coverage doesn't start til the beginning of Aug. Paying out of pocket for both cost more than I can afford. Any suggestions??

I was just pulled off the waiting list a few days ago (very excited) and have been scrambling to get everything organized. The most stressful part is trying to find a place to live with such sort notice. I was hoping that someone would either still be in need a roommate (doubtfull) or if there are others in my same boat we could possibly contact each other. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
[email protected]

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
-Joe

Just_D.O._It said:
Hey, I just IM'd him and says that he would be happy to host something. But he wants to know how many people are want to come over. I guess y'all should speak with him. Seems like he is a good host.

-Pete

I will bring the meat platter. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Ruskie said:
I will bring the meat platter. I look forward to meeting all of you.

mmmm, meat platter.
Has anyone mailed in all of their papers that lecom has sent us at various times over the summer? I am just going to drop the all off when i get into erie. For some reason, I get the feeling they might lose some of them.
Someone asked about the tetanus shot and whatnot. I am working at a hospital, so I just went up to one of the friendly docs and was like, "hey, I need a tetanus shot for school." Went into an exam room and got my shot.
I am also assuming that i will find out more financial aid info when i get there. I already did the online part and mailed in my lecom paper.

when I was in Erie, I chose to live in an apt my first year and then 3 of us rented a house (for much less money) my second year. Lakewood is a great place, with garage, but houses offer much more.

anyone else get the e-mail from Dr. McCabe about the 5th Revision to the Physio/Med module? I don't have the time or patience right now to read through it, anyone want to fill me in on what the revisions are?

i never received an email....

Have any of you guys gone in and had your computer setup by the PC support people? It seems we have to switch network settings when we are at school. :(

Anyhow, I was trying to setup my email account using the instructions they gave us and ran into a little problem. The instructions say to enter the password that was given. What password? Did we get one or do we get one at orientation?

Thanks
Wertjoe

ArcherM2 said:
this is what I received:

Physiology Revision Inbox

Richard McCabe
<[email protected]>
Jul 18 (1 day ago)
Please note revision 5 is posted on the web site.
www.richardmccabe.pageout.net
Best wishes,
Dr. McCabe

woo hoo, new page. :)

Does anyone know what the specific changes are? Could it be corrections to the various typos? I am not planning on going through each and every page.

cornellmedic said:
Does anyone know what the specific changes are? Could it be corrections to the various typos? I am not planning on going through each and every page.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bold errata indicates the corrections. The corrections are on these pages "REVISION 5: Errata on p. 4, 28, 37, 40, 41 & 42"

Hope this helps

Hello everyone. My name is Joe and i am in the PBL class of 2009. I'm just looking for people to hang out with to try to get to know some of the other PBL people in our class. I am a former "PB" so i know the area very well. I live in the Montagna Bros. Townhouses so if you live there let me know too. If you want to hang out call 419-283-3346. See you guys at Orientation!!

-Joe
P.S. Don't listen to the Cornell Medic guy...He's gay!!! lol j/k

wertyjoe said:
What password? Did we get one or do we get one at orientation?

Thanks
Wertjoe

My understanding is that passwords are assigned at orientation...

BirdMomDO2B said:
My understanding is that passwords are assigned at orientation...

Thanks Birdmom

sboy54 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and i am in the PBL class of 2009. I'm just looking for people to hang out with to try to get to know some of the other PBL people in our class. I am a former "PB" so i know the area very well. I live in the Montagna Bros. Townhouses so if you live there let me know too. If you want to hang out call 419-283-3346. See you guys at Orientation!!

-Joe
P.S. Don't listen to the Cornell Medic guy...He's gay!!! lol j/k

Hey, don't be ripping on Cornell. Didn't he help you pass immuno last year?
And that Montagna guy is a bit creapy. He kept talking about dishwashers when I went to go look at a place there.

-Pete

Just_D.O._It said:
Hey, don't be ripping on Cornell. Didn't he help you pass immuno last year?
And that Montagna guy is a bit creapy. He kept talking about dishwashers when I went to go look at a place there.

-Pete
LOL LOL LOL he helped me pass immuno last year??? Yeah right...I think its the other way around.... Yeah my landlord loves dishwashers.....dishwashers are the coolest....its the newest trend....everyone has to have one....

sboy54 said:
LOL LOL LOL he helped me pass immuno last year??? Yeah right...I think its the other way around.... Yeah my landlord loves dishwashers.....dishwashers are the coolest....its the newest trend....everyone has to have one....

Yeah, we will see about that.
Has anyone who has done their computer setup and meeting with security found out if LECOM has implemented fingerprint or retinal scans as security measures? They were considering it last year. Or what about random drug screenings?

cornellmedic said:
Yeah, we will see about that.
Has anyone who has done their computer setup and meeting with security found out if LECOM has implemented fingerprint or retinal scans as security measures? They were considering it last year. Or what about random drug screenings?

They told me cornell that they were getting the fingerprint scanners in this month

Hey everyone!

Finally made it to Erie!

So two things:

1) does anyone know WHEN the exam is for the physio module? I'm trying to figure out if I need to start cramming now or if I can enjoy the summer a little while longer..

and

2) I am selling a dark black/brown colored TV stand that I just bought for $129 and assembled from IKEA last week. To get a better idea of it, this is a picture of it off the ikea website:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...ductId=32210&langId=-1&parentCats=10104*10174

Two problems with it: 1) i accidentally got the wrong color (I really wanted white) and I thought I could deal with it, but I just can't; and 2) there is a small scuff/scrape on the wood in the front left bottom part-- email me at [email protected] if you want to see any pictures.

I'm asking for $60 or best offer..

Thanks! Kat :D

jerseygirl said:
Hey everyone!

Finally made it to Erie!

So two things:

1) does anyone know WHEN the exam is for the physio module? I'm trying to figure out if I need to start cramming now or if I can enjoy the summer a little while longer..

and

2) I am selling a dark black/brown colored TV stand that I just bought for $129 and assembled from IKEA last week. To get a better idea of it, this is a picture of it off the ikea website:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...ductId=32210&langId=-1&parentCats=10104*10174

Two problems with it: 1) i accidentally got the wrong color (I really wanted white) and I thought I could deal with it, but I just can't; and 2) there is a small scuff/scrape on the wood in the front left bottom part-- email me at [email protected] if you want to see any pictures.

I'm asking for $60 or best offer..

Thanks! Kat :D

Sorry, not interested in the TV stand. But I am putting off the physio till next week. I'll give it a look over mon. and tues. I say enjoy the summer. Or at least work and earn some money to buy some toys.

cornellmedic said:
Is anyone else bothered by all these corrections? A typo or two is one thing, but this assignment is basically being completely re-written. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really like to learn things twice...once the wrong way and then once correctly (or presumably correctly). I just hope this isn't foreshadowing for our next few years. :confused:

jjsmalls said:
Is anyone else bothered by all these corrections? A typo or two is one thing, but this assignment is basically being completely re-written. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really like to learn things twice...once the wrong way and then once correctly (or presumably correctly). I just hope this isn't foreshadowing for our next few years. :confused:

Get used to it... It happens all the time here...I found more mistakes even in the revision....good luck studying

sboy54 said:
Get used to it... It happens all the time here...I found more mistakes even in the revision....good luck studying

You could just not bother studying and go golfing instead.
I've got to go return some video tapes.

My plan is to have the physio done by monday, if anyone wants to discuss and review the topics monday night, I'm open.

I will also be around Fri and Sat (today and tomorrow), I won't be done with the HW, but anyone is welcome to stop by and fumble through it with me. Have some coffee ect.

Jim
585-355-3849

finally in erie and getting settled in my apartment. it's been a super long couple of days for me so i probably won't start the HW until monday and complete it on tuesday. what's the word on an SDN pre-orientation get together?

Ok, so I was picking a patient up from the CCU today and I came across a memo posted up at the nurse's station. The content of the memo is not important but this is how it was addressed:
"To MDs, PAs, DOs, RNs, and clerks"
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that PAs are placed before DOs?

cornellmedic said:
Ok, so I was picking a patient up from the CCU today and I came across a memo posted up at the nurse's station. The content of the memo is not important but this is how it was addressed:
"To MDs, PAs, DOs, RNs, and clerks"
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that PAs are placed before DOs?

no.