Leaving IRR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grade4BorBor

AKA Borborygmus
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about a week from fulfilling my 8 year MSO with the Army, currently in the IRR. I am hoping to separate from the IRR and cut ties with the Army.

I'm looking for assistance with the process. I know I need to submit a memo to someone, but I am not sure who that person is and what their address is.

I see from a previous thread that someone had thought [email protected] was the address to send the memo to. Can anyone verify this?

Assuming the memo gets to the right person, are there any additional steps beyond that? How do I know I have officially separated from the Army?

If anyone has a good phone number for someone at Fort Knox who deals with IRR medical officer separations, please let me know.

Thanks!

BorBor

Members don't see this ad.

IIRC you should eventually get a discharge certificate (not a DD214) suitable for framing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are those the instructions you used to separate, armytrainingsir?

No. I separated from AD and resigned my commission long ago and recommissioned 5 years ago. Cant remember what I did then, but my link, best as I can tell, is how it is done today. Your HRC branch manager should be able to point you the right way.

Not sure now, but back 'in the day', no one made separating from the IRR easy. Gee, I wonder why? ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got ahold of IRR, and they said go to this ( HRC Homepage ) website and email the UQR memo to the address listed under Officer USAR Special Action Team, or [email protected] . They said it can take 4-6 weeks to process and I will receive orders for discharge from IRR in the mail. I think I am officially separated after that.

Once I have more details on the memo, I will post.

HRC sent me the attached memo format, I'll modify it and submit it.

I'll update this thread once I've heard from HRC about approval of my UQR.

Hopefully this thread can serve as a good reference for people trying to separate from the Army IRR in the future.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    947.1 KB · Views: 105
It would be bad if you thought you resigned and didn't.

An update for anyone in the same situation as me:

I got a letter from Army HRC with a business reply envelope, saying I've completed my MSO and I need to check a box stating what I would like to do. One of the boxes is for UQR; I checked it and sent the letter back.

Be on the lookout for this letter!

It worked! No longer a reservist. Officially a veteran. Army sent me a fancy official certificate.

Reactions: 2 users