IRR promotions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idq1i

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just randomly found out that I was promoted a few months ago to 0-5. No OER, straight up IRR, no drills, no notification of said promotion. Don't know if I should ask if this was a mistake? was going to resign commission but I may as well stay in irr at this point. If we go to war with Iran, I'm I'm probably still getting called up being VIR.

Prior DOR 7 years ago to the day, commission 2003

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

Please explain "VIR". Vehicle Inspection Report? Search engines failed me.

Why wouldn't you want to come off of IRR when your time finishes? That bored with civilian life?

Just curious...

Congrats!

Please explain "VIR". Vehicle Inspection Report? Search engines failed me.

Why wouldn't you want to come off of IRR when your time finishes? That bored with civilian life?

Just curious...
Interventional rads. Calculated decision based on political instability and possible upheaval.

Never thought I'd do this...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interventional rads. Calculated decision based on political instability and possible upheaval.

Never thought I'd do this...
Can you tell me more about "political instability and possible upheaval"?
How does that make you feel?
And you think being IR would make you get called up involuntarily even if you resigned your commission because...?
Does that apply to other specialties, or just IR?
Should I worry as an anesthesiologist who left the military 15 years ago without any IRR obligations?
Should I stop asking questions now?

Can you tell me more about "political instability and possible upheaval"?
How does that make you feel?
And you think being IR would make you get called up involuntarily even if you resigned your commission because...?
Does that apply to other specialties, or just IR?
Should I worry as an anesthesiologist who left the military 15 years ago without any IRR obligations?
Should I stop asking questions now?
We all have our reasons I guess. Without getting political I do believe in the military industrial complex, and the need to be government's need to be militarily involved somewhere. May as well be on the"right side"

Just randomly found out that I was promoted a few months ago to 0-5. No OER, straight up IRR, no drills, no notification of said promotion. Don't know if I should ask if this was a mistake? was going to resign commission but I may as well stay in irr at this point. If we go to war with Iran, I'm I'm probably still getting called up being VIR.

Prior DOR 7 years ago to the day, commission 2003
Happened to a old aquaintance of mine. He had been 'out' of the reserves (not drilling or anything) for years and years. Like you, no photo, no OER, no nothing on his part. And then, bam, 05 in the IRR.

How many good years do you have toward retirement?
Were you HPSP?

Do you have any uniforms, or benefits from being IRR? Changing you Class A will cost a bit of money (I think that's what you call the dress uniform).