Just Took Comlex I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've never really understood the gripes against NBOME until now. I have never felt worse walking out of a test... The fact that this test is supposed to be a measure of competency is actually insane. If I pass, it's because I got lucky. If I somehow score well, it's because I got lucky.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I've never really understood the gripes against NBOME until now. I have never felt worse walking out of a test... The fact that this test is supposed to be a measure of competency is actually insane. If I pass, it's because I got lucky. If I somehow score well, it's because I got lucky.
I hear you! I totally thought I had barely passed and my greatest hope was at least 500+ if I did pass. Ended up with a 598. I get that coming out of the test you feel like complete trash, but if you prepared well and consistently scored in your target range with practice then I think you can at least trust in your prep. You got this!! You completed the worst test we will probably have to take (besides the PE). Rest up! You deserve it!

Reactions: 3 users
^Yup. Summed up very well. I felt way worse about Level 1 than Step 1. Wound up very close to predicted for step 1 and my Level 1 turned out to be considerably better than I expected it to be. Have faith.

Now I get to stress about Level 2/Step 2

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t sweat it.

I walked out feeling like I absolutely failed and was 100% serious when I told people that all I wanted in life was a 401 (if possible) on it so I didn’t have to retake it. I ended up with a fantastic score. Still scratching my head over that one.

It’s a much more difficult test than step 1 IMO... at least my form was. I believe that it’s just much easier to do well on because no one knows wtf is going on while they’re taking it, so the curve is generous. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

As test takers, we should get to judge the competency of the test makers.

When I took it, I did mention something about it being written by lobotomised monkeys, in the comments section.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was too defeated to crap on COMLEX's chest in the comments.

Whatever floats your boat .:eek:

I got done with plenty of time to spare... not due to a high IQ, but because as with most COMLEX Qs that one misses, its not the lack of knowledge but the “WTF are they asking” that gets you... and no amount of thinking can solve that.

LOOVVVEEDDDDD USMLE though.

Whatever floats your boat .:eek:

I got done with plenty of time to spare... not due to a high IQ, but because as with most COMLEX Qs that one misses, its not the lack of knowledge but the “WTF are they asking” that gets you... and no amount of thinking can solve that.

LOOVVVEEDDDDD USMLE though.

I literally just checked random answers for the biostats and moved on because of the way they had their answer choices written. I was about to do some weird ass math to be able to get the right answer.

I felt step 1 was harder than complex 1 even the later was longer and only 1 break in between.

Last edited: