James H Quillen Coll. of Med. Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm currently in Omaha, where I'm staying for a few days with friends, then off to Nashville to stay with another friend....i think i should be in JC by the 12th or so. I'm getting a new license and plates when I move...I want to blend in!!

Adam! Congrats on the new kid (post pictures if you can)!! That is, by now your wife should have delivered!

Members don't see this ad.

just checking in...geronimo, congrats with the new addition! and good luck with your respective moves. i look forward to maybe running into you guys in stanton-gerber once in a while. :)

if any of you all are still looking for a place to stay, i know of a place perfect for 1 student, or perhaps a couple (it would be a little cramped, but not too bad.) it's a cute house about 5-10 minutes away from school, depending who you ask. bonuses - lots of storage space, a loft perfect for studying, and your neighbors are MS-3s. i almost took this place, but decided to take the place 1 minute away, so i can wake up at 7:55 for 8am class. :) PM me or reply if you're interested!

Now we are all in class. This ought to be the last posting for a long while. Good luck to all next year's applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump! Congrats on the first test everyone! Now gotta keep HeebieGeebie from inhibiting my gene transcription or something... :p

BOHICA-FIGMO said:
Bump! Congrats on the first test everyone! Now gotta keep HeebieGeebie from inhibiting my gene transcription or something... :p

I'll tell you what....HeebieGeebie doesn't inhibit my sleep functions! I consider it a two hour nap! Looks like I'm done with that class for a bit....

I don't know how to take that class. I suppose if I fail the first test, I'll have a better idea.

In an effort to understand this mess I went into my undergrad genetics textbook to help figure stuff out. The book is "Genetics" by Peter J. Russell. I have a 2nd ed. circa 1990 (yes I am that old) but I scored a used 5th ed (circa 1998) off amazon for $8.45 including shipping. :thumbup: Granted, it has a lot of prokayotic stuff we don't need, but the eukaryotic stuff is really good.
Same author also has a newer text/cd/website called "iGenetics" but I don't know anything about it. Anyhow, FWIW. Let me know if you want to borrow it. Ciao for now...