ISO General Associate position in Chicago- Am I crazy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LolaLu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Graduating in 2 months and starting to really focus on this job search [aka chugging coffee while simultaneously sending my resume/cold calling offices]!
Here is my situation: I want to move up north since I have family in the city and would like to be close to them. BUT, I have applied to EVERY DSO. Looked at Dentaltown,Dentpost, Indeed,Zip Recruiter, FQHCs, Chicago Dental Association website,ADA Career finder, Henry Schein, Patterson, the dental facebook page, YOU NAME IT. I'm not in Illinois currently so that makes it harder but I figured I'd find SOMETHING.

Anyone on here know of anyone looking to hire a new grad in Chicago? Or any other websites I should use to search? I know Chicago is crazy saturated but I'm desperate and really would love to move to the city and be close to family rather than go somewhere where I know nobody!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm currently in Chicago now and as you said, it's very saturated here. I did a GPR after I graduated and the job prospects were still slim for me. Unfortunately, it's rough to find a good job, especially in the city and not to mention the effects of what COVID-19 has done (no one is really working right now except for emergencies). Most people have 2-3 part time positions (either independent contractor or employee with no benefits). From experience, watch out for unethical corporate/DSO offices; the promise of good pay and in the city isn't worth it. Now, I live in the city proper and commute an hour to the south suburbs at my full-time office. You gotta do what you gotta do.. keep doing what you're doing and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
You find something. It might be one day a week. It might be 2. Then you find something else, and then something else. Each job is usually better than the last until you find yourself somewhere you’re comfortable enough to stay before you buy a practice.
Finding a job remotely is hard. If you have family in the area, move home and search. If cash gets tight take a locum position for 2-3 weeks through a company like Barton Associates. Then you have some money in the bank and can continue your search.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users