Is there any way to get around the requirement for a letter of recommendation from a professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

I'm thinking about contacting schools if they could waive the requirement for a letter of recommendation from a professor. I graduated from university over two years ago, which had very large class sizes. There's no doubt in my mind that none of those professors would remember me and I live over six hours away from the school I graduated from.

Anyone else have trouble with this letter of recommendation requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about contacting schools if they could waive the requirement for a letter of recommendation from a professor. I graduated from university over two years ago, which had very large class sizes. There's no doubt in my mind that none of those professors would remember me and I live over six hours away from the school I graduated from.

Anyone else have trouble with this letter of recommendation requirement?
Send an email to every professor you had. You'll get one.
If you need to, contact the schools and ask what they do in these types of situations. It has happened before.

Secret between you and me, most schools accepted me before they even received my recommendation letters. Scholl and NYCPM wont grant interviews until they get them though

Members don't see this ad :)
Secret between you and me, most schools accepted me before they even received my recommendation letters. Scholl and NYCPM wont grant interviews until they get them though

Well I contacted some schools so hopefully some may give me a pass. I just don't want a generic impersonal letter from a professor that doesn't remember me. I'd rather get one from someone who knows my life and strengths better. And lol good for you!

I actually got an interview at NYCPM without my LOR being submitted!

Well I contacted some schools so hopefully some may give me a pass. I just don't want a generic impersonal letter from a professor that doesn't remember me. I'd rather get one from someone who knows my life and strengths better. And lol good for you!

Dont stress, just get the requirement done first.