Interview - Facial Hair/Hairstyles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My normal look is to have the 2-3 day no-shave. (See: Kurt Russell movies in the 1980s such as Escape from New York)

If I shave, I look like I'm 16 years old.

Hairstyle, I usually have the messed up spiky look.

If I'm wearing a nice suit, would any of this matter or is it absolutely necessary for me to shave and have my hair combed?

Members don't see this ad.

Shave the morning of. Comb your hair.

boyfriend interviewed with hair to the middle of his back (neat ponytail) and a goatee. Got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
My normal look is to have the 2-3 day no-shave. (See: Kurt Russell movies in the 1980s such as Escape from New York)

If I shave, I look like I'm 16 years old.

Hairstyle, I usually have the messed up spiky look.

If I'm wearing a nice suit, would any of this matter or is it absolutely necessary for me to shave and have my hair combed?

Just do the messy Backstreet boy hair ! :laugh: But seriously, if you don't shave just make sure you look neat and clean. :)

For my interviews ( if I get them ) I was thinking about having my hair loose but sleek. I don't think I'll feel comfortable with an updo or a ponytail because I never wear my hair up or in the ponytail. I'll probably splurge and go to a nice salon though before the interview - I want to look my best. :)

I think as long as you look neat and trimmed, you will be fine. If you think going clean shaven will make you feel uncomfortable, then don't do it. I normally have a gotee, but I shaved for my interview only because I felt self-conscious about whether my gotee was straight and neatly trimmed. I knew that I would be thinking about that during my interview, so I decided to shave it off.

Is this a real question? YES, shave and comb your hair. If nothing else just do a clean and conservative look. Also remember to take out any piercings (other than ear if you're female, but you're obviously not).

wearing your piercing! and sport a fauxhawk...woot!

Just do the messy Backstreet boy hair ! :laugh: But seriously, if you don't shave just make sure you look neat and clean. :)

For my interviews ( if I get them ) I was thinking about having my hair loose but sleek. I don't think I'll feel comfortable with an updo or a ponytail because I never wear my hair up or in the ponytail. I'll probably splurge and go to a nice salon though before the interview - I want to look my best. :)

mine was at noon so I went and got a manicure and a quick trim/blowout the morning of and it definitely helped me feel more confident.

haha, my hair looks like i just woke up and I havent shaved in a week. If you put me in some dirty clothes, I'd look like a bum.

I like looking scruffy but I am def shaving and might do a really short hair cut or part on side. haha

Yeah, make sure you're clean looking. I am gonna grow back my hair by the time of the interview

You cut your hair ?
Yup, it is really short comparing to what i used to have. I like it...It's kinda like CrazyFox had finally courage to shed the one of the security layers....Hahaha

I actually look nicer now cause I have to blow drie them, before that I just would have ponytail all the time :laugh:.

Yup, it is really short comparing to what i used to have. I like it...It's kinda like CrazyFox had finally courage to shed the one of the security layers....Hahaha

You are so brave :thumbup: It imagine it looks nice now and takes you pretty quick to blow dry it. I blow dry and straighten mine and it takes me a min of 1/2 hour -3/4 hr and a max of 1 hr. I still don't think I would cut my hair again. I am too scared. :scared:

You are so brave :thumbup: It imagine it looks nice now and takes you pretty quick to blow dry it. I blow dry and straighten mine and it takes me a min of 1/2 hour -3/4 hr and a max of 1 hr. I still don't think I would cut my hair again. I am too scared. :scared:

I was freaked out when she started to cut my hair and I saw how much in length she cut off. The other reason why I did it cause my hair are too thin and once they're long, it doesn't look very good sooo we did something that loked nice and had volume.But yeah, it took me a lot of gut to to it...Now I am manning up for dying my hair. (I am thinking red).:laugh: