Initiating licenses in different states

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firas2ff

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear fellows, I am planning on initiating licenses in 3 states, I came to a conclusion to start with TX, and I am planning on adding 2 more, any recommendations on what is best with high and easy to find employment rates? wage is not a big deal for me as much as opportunities, any help?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
BFE CA usually has openings.

BFE = Bum F*** Egypt

Middle of Nowhere....

You’ll soon be acquainted with this reference every other day of your career
I was told the same thing about it, that you have to drive several hours to be somewhere near close to a big city, is that correct? but in general, work might be available over there?

I was told the same thing about it, that you have to drive several hours to be somewhere near close to a big city, is that correct? but in general, work might be available over there?

Better chance of finding work in a rural area vs a major city...yes.

Think about it, how many people will apply to middle-of-nowhere-Kansas vs all major cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston)? If it’s not a desirable location hours away from a major city your chances of a job opening (full time or not) increases.

Better chance of finding work in a rural area vs a major city...yes.

Think about it, how many people will apply to middle-of-nowhere-Kansas vs all major cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston)? If it’s not a desirable location hours away from a major city your chances of a job opening (full time or not) increases.

I totally agree my friend, now speaking States wise, what are some of the best? I am planning on TX and do not mind living few hours away from big cities :)

Why are you looking into 3 different states? Just stick to one state and look for work in rural areas that nobody wants to live. Job hunting into 3 different states with multiple cities will be annoying. Create connections and eventually you can find a job in a more desirable location and you won't be in a rush.

Why are you looking into 3 different states? Just stick to one state and look for work in rural areas that nobody wants to live. Job hunting into 3 different states with multiple cities will be annoying. Create connections and eventually you can find a job in a more desirable location and you won't be in a rush.
That is a good opinion, I already have active licenses in NE and IA, planning on TX and PA, and I might skip the third since it might be too many exams which will be overbearing, what do You think?

The reason I am planning on applying for 3 together is to cut out on the expenses on doing the license transfer with the board

Reactions: 1 user
The reason I am planning on applying for 3 together is to cut out on the expenses on doing the license transfer with the board

If I were in your shoes, I would stick to the 1 or 2 states that have the least of amount of pharmacy schools in that state and start applying to jobs there (especially in the less desirable areas). Once you land a job, you can work your way out from there.

Yeah i came out to CO to manage a WM in total BFE. Now i am trying to head back to Florida to my friends and family after 2 years. I have made and saved good money, and im trying to step down to staff or even float. So that's what ya need to do to get to a major city. Then again, even though i turned around a total dumpster fire store into a results achieving , profitable store, there is no loyalty among thieves. They may never place me in lauderdale or miami, or naples, Ft myers....etc. I may end up floating around like ARCADIA , florida, look it up man, thats pretty much BFE! maybe i'll go rent cars in the bahamas.......lol

Yeah i came out to CO to manage a WM in total BFE. Now i am trying to head back to Florida to my friends and family after 2 years. I have made and saved good money, and im trying to step down to staff or even float. So that's what ya need to do to get to a major city. Then again, even though i turned around a total dumpster fire store into a results achieving , profitable store, there is no loyalty among thieves. They may never place me in lauderdale or miami, or naples, Ft myers....etc. I may end up floating around like ARCADIA , florida, look it up man, thats pretty much BFE! maybe i'll go rent cars in the bahamas.......lol
IT was good to hear your experience, I would have considered FL but they need documented internship hours for a transfer this is why I can not apply for it since I do not have them.....

IT was good to hear your experience, I would have considered FL but they need documented internship hours for a transfer this is why I can not apply for it since I do not have them.....

Just find a way to fudge it......nobody cares anymore...it's not like your gonna get arrested....lol. pharms do it all the time. Sorry, did i say that out loud?