Implications of Goldwater Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theridgespamms

Reaction score
Hey yall, I was awarded the Goldwater scholarship. I was wondering what the implications of this are in the scope of MDPHD applications.

Do you think a low(er) (still in low-mid 510s) MCAT could be overlooked by some top programs if my research is v strong, ECs, LORs, Essays, stellar/near perfect GPA in engineering etc.. What impact could this scholarship have on my application in terms of getting interview invites given the main weakness is the MCAT?

thanks yall
terror is slowly setting in lol

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is difficult to give much input without the specific stats/ EC's. Depending on your personal narrative, you may have some luck with interviews at top programs, but just from this description alone, I would definitely place a healthy amount of schools where your MCAT is closer to the average (I've heard MCAT is weighted slightly more just because GPA depends on school so heavily).

In any case, I would recommend reaching out to Fencer if you want to keep fairly anonymous, he is a wonderful resource.

Reactions: 1 user