Humanities Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tim_freddie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a BME major and, for schools requiring humanities credits, would I be able to take these my senior year after medical schools have accepted me?

I.e. Johns Hopkins requires 24 humanities credits, Vandy 2 english classes, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can take required courses up until matriculation. But good luck fitting in 24 credit hours of humanities in one year on top of your other requirements if that's what you're trying to do lol

Nah I took Soc and Psych and some other credits I just wont get to 24, I'll have 15, so I'd need to take 3 more classes my senior year.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bet lol but you know how dumb "Public Speaking" can be haha

Yeah, one of my last courses for my degree was what I thought was going to be a fluff class. It was called "diversity" and was ridiculous. It required more work than some of my upper division math courses.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, one of my last courses for my degree was what I thought was going to be a fluff class. It was called "diversity" and was ridiculous. It required more work than some of my upper division math courses.
That’s because humanities classes justify their own existence by extensive homework...Wheras upper division sciences/mathematics, the studying is the homework.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s because humanities classes justify their own existence by extensive homework...Wheras upper division sciences/mathematics, the studying is the homework.

I mean I’ve taken a few upper division and grad level humanities courses that were legit difficult because of the subject matter. This just involved tons of papers.

Reactions: 2 users
You are gonna do a lot of reading and writing possibly. Do your research on who is teaching what and what is an easy A. Humanities classes (Especially at the upper level) are sometimes taught biased towards lectures view, often because they spent their whole life studying it. Some professors will expect you to work at that level others know that you are just looking to get by.

Reactions: 1 users