AP credit on dual enrollment transcript - AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zarastars

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm trying to input my coursework and have an issue. I had forgotten that while in high school, I had transferred my AP credits earned to the community college I did dual enrollment at. I ended up going to a private school out of state, so I didn't use any of my AP credits or dual enrollment credits for my degree.
1714748566749.png

This is how it looks on my dual enrollment transcript.

I understand I must report this to AMCAS, as it is on my transcript. However, this entire transcript was courses I did in high school; this credit was credit I earned in high school. AMCAS does not allow me to flag a course as AP credit and mark it as earned in high school, but I was only enrolled at this community college while in high school, so there is no where else for these credits to go.

1714748724242.png

I just don't know what to do, and I don't know how to explain this in a way that is understandable to AMCAS to try to ask them directly. I would really appreciate any advice / directive on who I should try to speak to about this at AMCAS, as I really don't want my verification to be super delayed because of this funkiness.

Thank you!!

TLDR: my AP credit is only on the transcript I have from dual enrollment credits earned in HS, none of which are present in any way on my transcript which I have an actual degree from (private and out of state; wouldn't have accepted any of my APs). On AMCAS, I cannot accurately describe the course as both AP credit and earned in HS, despite the transcript only containing courses I took during HS. Help?

Members don't see this ad.

If your college didn't give you credit for your AP classes, it is not relevant.
However, you need to get the transcript of the community college that collaborated with your high school for your Dual Enrollment credits.
Those are actual college credits that AMCAS will accept, even if you didn't try to transfer them to your private 4-year college.

AMCAS will NOT convert AP credits to college credits for you directly

However, you need to get the transcript of the community college that collaborated with your high school for your Dual Enrollment credits.
Those are actual college credits that AMCAS will accept, even if you didn't try to transfer them to your private 4-year college.

My dual enrollment college did give me credit for these courses, though, like they're listed as transfer credits earned. I am looking at the dual enrollment transcript right now. I didn't use these credits to complete a degree, but a college did give me credit for the AP courses.

Members don't see this ad :)

Do I still need to request the transcript from my community college if I do dual enrollment and I only take like 4 classes from them? like it cost money lol, plus I don't even know my login from the old school.

Do I still need to request the transcript from my community college if I do dual enrollment and I only take like 4 classes from them? like it cost money lol, plus I don't even know my login from the old school.
Yes, you do need the dual enrollment community college transcripts. AMCAS will not process your application until they have ALL your transcripts.
The good news is you don't need to remember your old community college login.
Instead, search the school web page for Registrar and learn how to request your transcripts to be sent. You will just need your name and date of birth probably.
The cost to send transcripts is pennies compared to the many dollars you will spend on the application process.

My dual enrollment college did give me credit for these courses, though, like they're listed as transfer credits earned. I am looking at the dual enrollment transcript right now. I didn't use these credits to complete a degree, but a college did give me credit for the AP courses.
Which courses did you take AT the community college that DID earn you dual enrollment credits? Actual community college courses?
Those are the ones you need to enter on AMCAS.

Which courses did you take AT the community college that DID earn you dual enrollment credits? Actual community college courses?
Those are the ones you need to enter on AMCAS.
I did end up getting someone from AMCAS on the phone, and they told me I should log my AP credits as well since they're listed on the community college transcript, because I earned credit for them at that college. I appreciate your trying to help!

For anyone reading this thread if you're having the same issue as me, this is what they told me to do. I would call them anyway to confirm, because it doesn't sit right with my spirit.
List the credits at the dual enrollment institution, in the first semester after you've marked yourself as graduating as HS. EG for me, I listed the AP credits in the fall of 2019 after graduating HS in the spring of 2019. Make sure to mark them as AP credit courses.
If you went somewhere else for college, this will likely mean that you're listing the credits in a semester you weren't enrolled at that institution you're logging the AP credit in - they said this didn't matter. I'll update this thread once I actually get verified to see how true that is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 user