General Admissions & OTCAS Howard OTD 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shdjdnd

Reaction score
Hi ! I haven’t seen a thread yet for 2020-2021. Has anyone applied to Howard’s OTD program for this cycle ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone give me the email to the Howard OTD admissions?

Hi, yes I have applied to Howard for this cycle. I interviewed on March 5th and received my acceptance letter Tuesday (March 16th)

I did too! Are you accepting?
Yes! I emailed my intent letter back to them yesterday! They were my top choice. I applied to 3 schools, rejected from one, accepted into Howard and the other school said I wouldn't hear back until April, and with the deadline given from Howard I just accepted. Are you going to accept or you have other options you're leaning towards?

Yes! I emailed my intent letter back to them yesterday! They were my top choice. I applied to 3 schools, rejected from one, accepted into Howard and the other school said I wouldn't hear back until April, and with the deadline given from Howard I just accepted. Are you going to accept or you have other options you're leaning towards?
I have a lot of options! I applied to 8 schools, but didn't interview with two of them. I got accepted into the other 6! I'm worried about the cost of Howard. I'm assuming it's over 90k? I put in a deposit into Sacred Heart just as a safety net, since it was the first school I heard back from. Right now I am debating between Salus in Philly and Howard.

I have a lot of options! I applied to 8 schools, but didn't interview with two of them. I got accepted into the other 6! I'm worried about the cost of Howard. I'm assuming it's over 90k? I put in a deposit into Sacred Heart just as a safety net, since it was the first school I heard back from. Right now I am debating between Salus in Philly and Howard.
Ahhhh, see I don't know anything about those two universities! I am an HBCU graduate for my Bachelor's Degree and I also had an internship with someone graduating from Howard's MSOT program, so that's how it was a no-brainer for me. I hope you do make a decision soon, it would be great to communicate with my future cohort months before heading to campus.

Ahhhh, see I don't know anything about those two universities! I am an HBCU graduate for my Bachelor's Degree and I also had an internship with someone graduating from Howard's MSOT program, so that's how it was a no-brainer for me. I hope you do make a decision soon, it would be great to communicate with my future cohort months before heading to campus.
What did they say about the program? I've heard nothing but good things too. I went to a PWI for my undergrad so I'm excited about the idea of going to an HBCU. I actually just sent in my form to accept my spot at Howard. So, once I make a firm decision I'll have to turn down the other two schools. I also still have to complete physics as a prerequisite course.

What did they say about the program? I've heard nothing but good things too. I went to a PWI for my undergrad so I'm excited about the idea of going to an HBCU. I actually just sent in my form to accept my spot at Howard. So, once I make a firm decision I'll have to turn down the other two schools. I also still have to complete physics as a prerequisite course.
I was accepted to Howard and salus as well! Those are my only two acceptances so far. If anyone in this thread knows someone in the program, how to they like Howard’s program?

I was accepted to Howard and salus as well! Those are my only two acceptances so far. If anyone in this thread knows someone in the program, how to they like Howard’s program?
That’s awesome! I just went down to DC today and drove around the Howard campus.

Which school are you leaning towards/is your top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s awesome! I just went down to DC today and drove around the Howard campus.

Nice! How did you like the campus? I’ve never been there before.
But I feel like I’m leaning towards Howard. I did my undergrad in Philly and I think it’d be a nice change along with it being an HBCU.

Last edited:
Nice! How did you like the campus? I’ve never been there before.
But I feel like I’m leaning towards Howard. I did my undergrad in Philly and I think it’d be a nice change along with it being an HBCU.
I don't think it's for me! It's a big campus and the buildings are scattered haha I would also have to commute if I went there, and driving into DC isn't ideal. I went to a small liberal arts college for undergrad in Richmond, VA but I was born and raised in the DMV area/want to live on my own so I'm leaning towards Philly! It'll be a nice change for me too :)

I don't think it's for me! It's a big campus and the buildings are scattered haha I would also have to commute if I went there, and driving into DC isn't ideal. I went to a small liberal arts college for undergrad in Richmond, VA but I was born and raised in the DMV area/want to live on my own so I'm leaning towards Philly! It'll be a nice change for me too :)
Makes sense! I’m familiar with the area if you need help, good luck!

They had interests in peds (like myself) so they liked that the classes were geared towards the peds field, and they also talked about how hands-on their labs were which is something I need because that's how I learn. The other thing that made me want to go was because of how she interacted with the children at the clinic. I am currently in a physics course right now to fulfill that requirement so I feel you lol

As an HBCU alum, I fully recommend it, because it's an experience that is very nurturing. I'm not sure how it would be in comparison to grad school since I was in an undergraduate, but I know that this will be a program where we are taught the best skills and knowledge and also given the best support.

They were my top choice, so I've spoken with alums from this program and also students currently in it. One of my old coworkers is actually in their MSOT program now. They love it, and are glad they made the choice to attend. I have also talked to students who had the opportunity to attend and chose other schools and sometimes regret it.

Personally, I think it's all about preference. If you can see yourself at this university, I defintely say go for it. If you want to weigh out your options with the other university I would do that also. I applied to 3 schools and was rejected from one and still waiting to hear back from the last school so I'm just going to continue with my top choice who already accepted me.

Hello everyone! Glad to see a thread for this cohort. I recently had my interview on the 31st. I think it went well. Waiting to see what they say! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! Glad to see a thread for this cohort. I recently had my interview on the 31st. I think it went well. Waiting to see what they say! Fingers crossed!
Best of luck!

Did everyone get their Bison ID?

Wishing you good luck!!