COMLEX How to study for COMLEX Level 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

#stressedout

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was hoping if I could get some insight on how to study for COMLEX Level 2. I know the standard for level 1 was First Aid, UW, Pathoma (which worked for me). Is there a similar recommendation for Level 2? I currently have just Qbanks (Comquest, Combank, etc) and other resources like medEd/case files. Any other resources that are strongly recommended? First Aid was my go to for Level 1, but heard it's not that helpful for level 2 so wondering what anyone else has used.

Members don't see this ad.

If you’re only taking COMLEX level 2 CE, qbanks mainly and Online Med Ed if you need review.

Ive heard of students using Uworld's step 2 CK qbank as their main qbank for level 2. Is this reasonable? Since UW seems to be the best qbank out there. Then supplement with OMT resources/OMT questions from combank.

Ive heard of students using Uworld's step 2 CK qbank as their main qbank for level 2. Is this reasonable? Since UW seems to be the best qbank out there. Then supplement with OMT resources/OMT questions from combank.

That’s what I basically did, but I also took both step 2 and COMLEX 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you’re only taking COMLEX level 2 CE, qbanks mainly and Online Med Ed if you need review.

Thanks! for now I'm just planning on COMLEX.
Anyone used Master the Boards? Heard it was better than First Aid, but it also has some mixed reviews.

Thanks! for now I'm just planning on COMLEX.
Anyone used Master the Boards? Heard it was better than First Aid, but it also has some mixed reviews.

I personally didn’t use it, but I had some friends who did and liked them. I just used First Aid Step 2 CK because it was what I had lying around. It wasn’t great like step 1, and the organization did not make sense.

1. Do UWorld once, all of the questions
2. Do OMGOMT once, all of the videos + OMM practice questions
3. Take test

For Level II, don't get crazy with resources. Doing the classically "step 1" resources is a huge waste of time. All of the stuff you need to know will be explained/tested in UWorld. All of the OMM you need to know will be explained/tested in OMG OMT. If you use sketchy or some other resource its so redundant because UW will help you get back to speed on micro, etc. The DO banks (comquest, combank) are nothing like the real test and their questions are way too easy and don't cover all of the important topics that you need.

Has anyone taking any of the "new blueprint" comsaes for level 2?

Has anyone taking any of the "new blueprint" comsaes for level 2?
No. I even asked around people I know who just graduated. No one. I want to take one but have no baseline idea of how they are/ correlate to level 2!

Members don't see this ad :)
No. I even asked around people I know who just graduated. No one. I want to take one but have no baseline idea of how they are/ correlate to level 2!

They are new this year. Supposedly the new blue print screwed the 2nd years lol

Reactions: 1 user
What aspect messed you up?

I did decent on our schools COMSAE. but I was speaking more towards our class as a whole. We had over 40 students score below 350 which requires the prep track. And that was after they lowered the cut off from 400 to 350 last minute. Just seemed like both administration and students were not ready for it. I took a new form COMSAE a week before to make sure I wasn't getting blindsided on the school's COMSAE. Highly recommend.

I did decent on our schools COMSAE. but I was speaking more towards our class as a whole. We had over 40 students score below 350 which requires the prep track. And that was after they lowered the cut off from 400 to 350 last minute. Just seemed like both administration and students were not ready for it. I took a new form COMSAE a week before to make sure I wasn't getting blindsided on the school's COMSAE. Highly recommend.
What was so bad about it that made people do so bad? Format? Content? Elaborate?

What was so bad about it that made people do so bad? Format? Content? Elaborate?

Have you not taken one of the new ones yet?

I'm not really sure man. I'm sure a lot of it was a good chunk of our class didn't really do any serious board prep during the semester. But it seems like the new comsaes in general have a weird scoring system. Where people scoring 550+ are not sub 500. And the SD is like, 100 points so that also makes it pretty funky. In terms of content I don't think it was that bad, however those new comsaes are the only comsaes I've ever taken, I've never taken an older form. So I might not be the best person to explain this. But yeah, I think the NBOME just writes bad exams lol

Talked to a person (smart person) who went down 70 points on his new bleuprint level II comsae as compared to comsae D which he took 2 months earlier lol. So the curve is steep.

Talked to a person (smart person) who went down 70 points on his new bleuprint level II comsae as compared to comsae D which he took 2 months earlier lol. So the curve is steep.
Hmm sounds like nbmes vs uwsas lol but unfortunately for us the comsaes are one of the only ways to sort of gauge if we are on track.

Basically what I did... UWORLD hard core throughout the year for COMAT prep. then did it again throughout dedicated. Used CPM OMM's course for my OMM stuff. Ended up getting a high 700's on Level 2. Focus on UWorld, only really need to use COMBANK for their ethics/legal questions and some omm questions from them or COMQUEST.

Basically what I did... UWORLD hard core throughout the year for COMAT prep. then did it again throughout dedicated. Used CPM OMM's course for my OMM stuff. Ended up getting a high 700's on Level 2. Focus on UWorld, only really need to use COMBANK for their ethics/legal questions and some omm questions from them or COMQUEST.

Out of curiosity, did you also take Step 2? If so how much time did you have between the two exams?

Out of curiosity, did you also take Step 2? If so how much time did you have between the two exams?

Yeah, I did take step 2. I took Step 2 on a Friday, then Level 2 on a Monday. I was pretty burnt out haha.

Last edited: