How much are you getting paid at your independent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnt2001isnt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to get a feel for how much folks are getting paid at independent pharmacies. I know they are typically lower than retail chains.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thats really crappy, I dont care where you live...thats really low
It is. Especially considering independent people rarely give any benefit.

However, it`s still infinitely better than having no job.

Reactions: 2 users
It is. Especially considering independent people rarely give any benefit.

However, it`s still infinitely better than having no job.

Yep....had a friend that had a job opening at the indie he worked at. It apparently was really chill with plenty of tech help. Hourly pay was actually pretty good (mid 50s per hr), but no PTO, insurance, 401k, etc. Just couldn't do it. If I was stuck at CVS though, it would've been tempting.

$50/hr. South Florida. Think I'm the lowest paid retail pharmacist in my class. Also the dumbest.

And you also have to factor in benefits when counting your salary. You don't get 401k, health insurance, PTO when working for independent. 40 an hour at indy ain't the same as 40 at corporate.

It also depends on which kind of indy job it is. Some are "my techs do everything, I just check the NDC." Then there is also "gotta change everyone's diapers on the hour."

Reactions: 1 user
PIC, $59/hr, PTO, 401K and health insurance. With at least 2 techs and a clerk. 3 techs and 2 clerks on busy days. Some where in Texas.