Independent pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmacistRx11

Reaction score
As a pharmacist how to know if an independent pharmacy is doing fraud regarding narcotics ?

Members don't see this ad.

If it's look fishy, sound fishy, and feel fishy then it's probably fraud! Give us an example. Would a normal competent pharmacist dispense it?

I heard about billing cash for narcotics while a patient has insurance not sure why exactly

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard about billing cash for narcotics while a patient has insurance not sure why exactly
Could it be related to a settled comp/no fault claim? I've had a few patients who took cash settlements then had to pay out of pocket for their prescriptions even though they had private insurance

Could it be related to a settled comp/no fault claim? I've had a few patients who took cash settlements then had to pay out of pocket for their prescriptions even though they had private insurance
I think it's something about getting them filled early, not exactly sure.

People who already have insurance on file and tell me to cash out, I would run through the insurance just to see if I get a rejection for refill too soon. But now a day, we have prescription monitor website that I can check their filling history at any instate pharmacies, or other states too. I would highly suggest you to sign up for one in your state if it's available asap.