How are graduating residents traveling to interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carotenoid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I did travel quite a bit for interviews... even though ultimately stayed with the home institution.
What are people doing these days - when so many institutions ban travel?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
A few years ago I did travel quite a bit for interviews... even though ultimately stayed with the home institution.
What are people doing these days - when so many institutions ban travel?

It’s March? 99 percent have jobs already

Members don't see this ad :)
We were still conducting interviews earlier this month. Interviewees are taking precautions but still travelling. So far domestic air travel has not been banned.

Jesus stop, let them skype. Whats wrong with you people

Reactions: 2 users
sadly most contracts have a "catastrophic clause" of whatever lawyers call it

Signed on the line a few weeks before all this nonsense began. Would not be envious of those who are attempting to interview now.

In regards to Skype - really hard to decide if you like a place without even seeing it in persno - might be fine for an initial or screening interview but before I signed anywhere I would HAVE to see it in person.

Signed on the line a few weeks before all this nonsense began. Would not be envious of those who are attempting to interview now.

In regards to Skype - really hard to decide if you like a place without even seeing it in persno - might be fine for an initial or screening interview but before I signed anywhere I would HAVE to see it in person.

Similarly, we would like to see you! Impossible to commit to someone without talking to them in person - also we want our candidates to be comfortable with the practice and what they are getting themselves into.